Thread: CWA Rankings for 29th July 2009 (Redemption)

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

CWA Rankings for 29th July 2009 (Redemption)

Position. Name - Originality, Relevance, Setting the Scene, Spelling/Grammar, Overall Quality - Total Score

11. St. Deuce - 6.5, 3.75, 2.75, 8.25, 3.75 - 5.00

The apparently ever-down-on-his-luck Deuce had a decent showing in the fatal fourway at Redemption but his losing streak continues all the same. The only positive he can really take from the match is he wasn't made to submit or pinned. Deuce needs a victory, and fast!

10. Ruben Johns - 5.5, 6.5, 6, 3.5, 4.5 - 5.20

The PPV's name may have been Redemption, but Johns couldn't quite manage any when he found himself up against Anderson's new right hand man, GD. Ruben is another man who is beginning to look in desperate need of a win, and soon. If he's learnt anything though, it's surely that you don't cross the boss.

09. Don de Vries - 7.83, 7, 7.16, 7.83, 6.83 - 7.33

The winner of the fatal fourway may be a little down the rankings, but his performance was still more than enough to impress the graders. He not only pinned the occassionally excellent Top Dog, but with that, he has also managed to earn himself a shot at the X-Fly Championship for sometime in the future. A fine evening all round for him.

08. Doc Adams - 6.75, 7.5, 7.5, 8.25, 7 - 7.40

Not the finest return to singles action for Adams, but a valiant effort all the same. Unfortunately the Doc came up just short in the end against Walters. Some may point to the hectic time he's had since his return and it would be fair to say he wasn't in the best condition he's ever been in because of it coming into this match. The Doc not one to rest on his laurels, no matter what though, made his presence felt in the main event later in the night, potentially finding a new enemy in Rich Stone.

07. Jay Walters - 8.25, 7.5, 7, 8, 7.5 - 7.65

In what was his first PPV, Walters has most certainly proved plenty wrong. Not many were betting against Adams after watching the defeat Walters took on the final Adrenaline Rush before Redemption, but he showed that he's more than capable of hanging with the big boys with this huge victory. And with his great win, comes great reward as he will face Nicholas next for the X-Fly Title in what will be one of the biggest matches of his career.

06. The Future - 8.5, 6.5, 8, 8, 8 - 7.80

Along with Hardcore Hell, The Future managed to beat Styles, Machine, Rotch and O'Neill in an eight-man tag match to continue their undefeated streak in CWA. With their titles already guaranteed to be theirs come the end of the night, they took the first steps in what became a historic night for the Brotherhood as they aimed to hold all CWA's titles at once.

05. Ralph McCoy - 8, 8.16, 7.66, 8.5, 7.66 - 7.99

Ralph came into this fight against Nicholas as an underdog even after his string of impressive performances. He put up an incredible fight, but eventually the favourite reigned supreme, leaving Ralph with his second loss in CWA. He was so near to becoming the first X-Fly Champion in CWA, but it just wasn't to be, this time at least. He will be aiming to come back strongly this week against de Vries, for a chance to fight for the X-Fly Championship yet again.

04. Joey Nicholas - 7.66, 8.33, 8.5, 7.5, 8.33 - 8.06

A great night for Joey and the 'Hood continued when Nicholas beat Ralph in what was quite probably the fight of the night. Ralph put up his best performance in CWA to date, but somehow the more experienced Joey managed to find something a little extra to come out on top, making him the inaugural X-Fly Champion, and the only man to have held two different belts in CWA history.

03. Guardian Devil - 8.5, 8, 8.5, 8.16, 8.6 - 8.36

If his return to singles action wasn't impressive enough last week, GD made everyone in CWA stand up and take notice at Redemption as he truly destroyed Ruben Johns, thoroughly 'Humbilizing' him in the process. The originator of the Brotherhood also happened to bump into his one time good friend Pain for the first time since his return, which has ended in much speculation of a bitter feud between the two backstage.

02. Rich Stone - 9, 9, 9, 8, 8.75 (deducted 0.2 for lateness) - 8.55

Stone was finally given his chance to main event a PPV, and more importantly he finally had his opportunity at the CWA World Heavyweight Championship. Unfortunately for the ever-confident Stone he came up just short against the Champ in a thrilling finish to Redemption. With Stone believing Adams was to blame for his loss, who knows what is in store for Rich next?

01. Ultimate Pain - 9, 9, 9, 8.75, 8.25 - 8.90

Pain completed the Brotherhood's clean sweep at Redemption in the main event, when he beat Stone to retain his title, in impressive fashion, meaning the 'Hood now hold all the titles in CWA. Some may ask who will stop them, but it seems Pain and his companions have plenty of competition. With GD, Nick Arsen, Rich Stone and of course the forgotten man, the viciously assaulted Roberto all surely vying for Pain, he'll certainly have his hands full trying to keep a hold of his belt.

And he scores goals...!

Cult of Personality
    Sawyer

Status
    Well, I guess I better put my pants on!!!
      Country                    ca=Canada

Re: CWA Rankings for 29th July 2009 (Redemption)

Wow, 11 guys sent in promos? CWA is doing better than ever.

Now if only Half Boy and Lemonz would make their return.....

God

Status

And Griff and Jayman and .... This could go for a while

Nice work Mr. Sells.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Ratchet

Status
      Country                    United States

Damn ya beat me GD
    I was hoping to make at least the top three :-(
    Looks like my spelling/grammar is taking my score down tremendously

Cult of Personality
    Sawyer

Status
    Well, I guess I better put my pants on!!!
      Country                    ca=Canada

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    And Griff and Jayman and .... This could go for a while

Nice work Mr. Sells.
    Yeah, forgot about Top Dog, his 2 promos were really good...if he had stayed, the World Title picture would have been amazing.

Griff was good as well.

Danger Zone

Status

what time is the deadline becasue it said 6PM GMT which is my time zone and I posted at 3 on that day. I jsut want to get it clear since I would have been closer without lateness

Dat ass....

Status
      Country                    us=United States

pwn2PLM. Glad to see I'm getting my groove back here, thought I was going to be rustier than that.

Team Cyrush T: ftBest

God

Status

I got your promo at 07-25-2009 07:55 PM GMT.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

Ratchet

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Devil View Post
    pwn2PLM. Glad to see I'm getting my groove back here, thought I was going to be rustier than that.
    Next time i will get ya

Danger Zone

Status

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    I got your promo at 07-25-2009 07:55 PM GMT.
    Wow I swore I sent it in before that

Dat ass....

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Quote Originally Posted by Paid Laid Made View Post
    Next time i will get ya
    Haha, probably.

Team Cyrush T: ftBest

Thread Information