Thread: Wrestlemania 25 - Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy

World Champion

Status

Wrestlemania 25 - Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy

At the 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania, Jeff and Matt Hardy will battle each other in the squared circle, looking to settle a personal issue that is making their common blood boil down to the core.
    Matt Hardy’s actions in the past few weeks – slapping Jeff in the face after his brother refused to fight him, costing Jeff his chance at WrestleMania’s Money in the Bank Match and finally alluding to the fact he may have been behind Jeff’s recent, terrible “accidents” – are only a smaller part of a larger problem that has been building for some time.
    Matt and Jeff Hardy came up in WWE when they were still teenagers. And through the years, there has always been a subtle whisper in the wind, a hint of friction accompanying their success. Perhaps the elder Matt Hardy was forced to pick up the slack for his free-spirited, “irresponsible” younger brother time and time again. And, as the two Superstars grew in the business, Matt would later say that this arrangement would consistently be a thorn in his side.
    While Matt Hardy was forced to leave WWE due to injury, Jeff got himself suspended for destructive reasons of his own making. Jeff’s misfortune continued when his house burned to the ground. However, upon returning, both brothers’ fortunes immediately started to change. Matt won the ECW Championship and promised to be a fighting champion, tenaciously taking on all comers. Jeff Hardy worked through his problems and came back determined to be a World Champion, overcoming numerous obstacles in pursuit of that goal.
    Then, several months ago, just one day before Jeff was set the make his attempt at the WWE Championship, the Charismatic Enigma was mysteriously attacked in a stairwell of his hotel. This ignited a series of unfortunate circumstances that included a hit and run “accident” and a pyrotechnics “accident,” both of which left their mark on Jeff.
    Something didn’t add up about these instances and though many were suspected, for the time being, the culprit would remain a mystery. Although it was not known at the time, the dye had already been cast on the future of the Hardys.
    Jeff Hardy continued to overcome his demons and at Armageddon, as he finally captured the WWE Championship. Both Hardys carried gold in what should have been a perfect realization of a family dream.
    But, at the Royal Rumble, the fuse was lit that would instantly bring family disorder. After losing the ECW Championship to Jack Swagger weeks before, Matt Hardy lost his rematch for the Extreme gold. Then, later that night, when it looked like he was coming to the ring to help deal with SmackDown General Manager Vickie Guerrero’s interference in his brother’s match, Matt stunned the WWE Universe by hitting Jeff with a steel chair, allowing Edge to get the three-count and in one instant, take away Jeff Hardy’s dream.
    Matt Hardy may have opened a wound that can never be closed. And now that Jeff has agreed to face his estranged brother at WrestleMania, it remains to be seen whether Houston’s Reliant Station is reinforced enough to contain the firestorm that will be unleashed.
    Don’t miss the 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania April 5 at 7:00 pm only on pay-per-view.

Wrestling God

Status

Re: Wrestlemania 25 - Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy

I don't see how people picked Jeff here. This feud is clearly going passed WM, which means Matt has to win this match. The clear outcome of this feud is a happy ending for Jeff.

The Kid

Status

This most likely will continue but knowing WWE they will put Jeff over Matt in this one.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dj1223 View Post
    I don't see how people picked Jeff here. This feud is clearly going passed WM, which means Matt has to win this match. The clear outcome of this feud is a happy ending for Jeff.
    If Matt wins it's over though. Jeff didn't want to fight in the first place and I just can't see him chasing Matt if he loses. I want Matt to win, cos this would be a huge moment for him, but my money's on Jeff cos it will continue the jealousy angel in Matt.

Wrestling God

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    If Matt wins it's over though. Jeff didn't want to fight in the first place and I just can't see him chasing Matt if he loses. I want Matt to win, cos this would be a huge moment for him, but my money's on Jeff cos it will continue the jealousy angel in Matt.
    He's pissed now. You can tell by his last few matches that is aggression and hatred is just as much as Matt's. I can see Matt coming out on SD, talking about how he was right, and then Jeff runs out and attacks him. Later on a match is made between the two on Smackdown with Jeff winning. The feud continues for a week or two before the No.1 contendership ladder match is made, if they want to end the feud at Backlash. I can see this going on for a while if Jeff loses tonight, but not if Matt loses.

On Vacation

Status

This feud WILL culminate in a Jeff Hardy win and a Matt Hardy retirement and departure from WWE!

Wrestling God

Status

Quote Originally Posted by aufman View Post
    This feud WILL culminate in a Jeff Hardy win and a Matt Hardy retirement and departure from WWE!
    I was with you until that nonsense.

Maniac Poster of 2007

Status

I was glad to see matt win, and awesome tights. Im glad he made the switch to those.
    [Today 05:12 PM] DD: Slim gets the sexiest boy ever award

World Champion

Status

Thread will be closed, please keep Mania talk to the appropriate threads.

Thread Information