Thread: Dub Dub E': Dehumanizing?

Heel Champion

Status

Dub Dub E': Dehumanizing?

Now I know this could be said for a lot of things, but watching Smackdown at the moment has me thinking: We're nothing but puppets. This probably won't be the best example to use in this situation, but it relates exactly. During Slavery, as we all know..the slaves were kept ignorant from things as reading, writing, etc yada yada we know the deal. This is basically the same thing. I know someone is going to bring up the point that we have a choice on who to boo and who to cheer, but let's look at it like this.

Say I never watched the product, and I saw Jeff Hardy or John Cena. The fans were cheering them, and I thought Hardy looked unique, and Cena was the next Rodney Dangerfield. So I see the fans cheering for them, and I'm getting behind them. BAM! They now have me hooked. I have given into the propaganda.

I know this is basically stating the obvious in business terms, but we have seen a change from Attitude Era - which as we all know, was mainly based towards adults and just RISK RISK RISK. Now it's child based mainly, and just seeing us basically fed the cheese is quite eh.

I know me watching it at the moment is only helping them suceed, I just find it sad.

Fuck Money.

Tommy Got Hacked

Re: Dub Dub E': Dehumanizing?

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Heel Champion

Status

Re: Dub Dub E': Dehumanizing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Red View Post
    Yeah pretty much. That is why I prefer TNA. Sure it may be dumb at times, but at least it isn't patronising to watch. WWE makes you feel like you are too old to be watching wrestling, because for some reason they decide to aim at the demographic which doesn't spend any money. Good job. If they actually learned from history they would realise that if you aim the product at young adults, children will just want to watch it even more. They just try to be too squeeky clean now, so I guess you can blame recent events in the wrestling world such as steroid scandals and the whole Benoit affair related to that.

What pisses me off is the way everything is geared towards the faces. They don't make the heels look anywhere near as good and basically don't give a shit about how the heels are represented. Hell, they don't even allow heel commentators anymore, because EVERYBODY has to be there to put over the faces. The faces are the ones who sell most merchandise, make the most money. However, they fail to realise that you need great heels to make the faces look better.

I am getting kind of sick of WWE, but Jeff winning the title may keep me interested for a while.
    I was going to bring up the point of the faces, but I knew someone probably would and I left it out. This alone also brings up the adults..living through it. But, that's just the parent thing to do. I'm sure half of the parents could care less about Cena, Batista, etc. Basically..they're bullshitting their kid. But hey, isn't that in the parent handbook?

They need to go back to making it more risky. Though, with Jeff as champ..that statement is kind of invalid.

WWE obviously knows they have some 'smark' fans, smart fans, and not so gullible. And what to do they do? They STILL fuck with us.

Thread Information