Thread: Is it time?

True Heart and Emotion

Status

Is it time?

As i said, Is it time for CM PUNK to turn? His been babyface since he debuted winning the ECW and World Title as well as the Tag Team Championship but is it time to change thing sup a bit? I thinka feud with Rey would be intense. There match was amazing and i kinda got the felling of a different Punk after it..what you guys think? Id love a CM Punk v Cena feud for the title or a Punk v HBK.

CWA'S New Chapter is about to begin

People's Champion

Status

Re: Is it time?

I don't know if he needs to turn just yet, but he just needs some more character development. Just by watching him in the WWE, you don't even fully know what kind of guy he is, and it seems like his personality is just bland, when in reality, the could do a lot with him. Give him an actual gimmick that the can play off of. You can use the Straightedge gimmick which he kind of has, but it doesn't get mentioned that much.

`

Status

Wasn't CM Punk a heel for a small period of time in ECW?

Back to the thread, i dont want him to turn heel, but turning heel is the only way he might actually get another strong push.

You have Cena, Triple H, HBK, Batista and Taker all babyfaces and they have the need of other wrestlers turning heel just so they can have a fresh new opponent.

Jobber

Status

You really can't turn him heel just yet. He hasn't fought all of the major heels yet or even had a huge feud with any of them. He could have had a great feud with Orton and the story was there but they dropped it short and ended it in a match on RAW which was stupid. Now he is the #1 contender for the IC title which William Regal holds, the same William Regal that was a HUGE heel a few months back who literally had the crowd going crazy over what he was doing. I know Regal isn't as big now but he is still an alright heel for what he did do and he is suposedly gonna feud with Punk which could be good. That being said just goes to show that their is still alot left for Punk to do as a face and that he won't be changing anytime soon.

But if Punk were to turn heel in half a years time or so it would be great, he could just shock the world with some sort of a huge and suprising turn. His character is easier to pay as a heel by the looks of things too, telling people he is better then them cause he is straight edge, that would get good heat so turning him sometime would definitely be a good thing but they would need to do it at some other stage imo.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Quote Originally Posted by factum1 View Post
    Wasn't CM Punk a heel for a small period of time in ECW?
    For something like 2 weeks when he joined the New Breed. Even then, he still showed hints of being a face.

I'm Tha Man!

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

Heel Punk in WWE would not be the same heel Punk from ROH. In all honesty, WWE just needs to build some sort of character for him. Yeah he is straight edge... so what, expand on it.
    [
    I'll crash the plane that ****** n-gga B.O.B is in!

Tommy Got Hacked

Quote Originally Posted by neXus View Post
    Heel Punk in WWE would not be the same heel Punk from ROH. In all honesty, WWE just needs to build some sort of character for him. Yeah he is straight edge... so what, expand on it.
    That's the problem with him being a face though. You can't really do much for being Straight Edge while being a face. The days of the crowd yelling "Hell Yeah" while Austin drinks beer wasn't that long ago. A heel punk would be much better for the straight edge gimmick.

Tommy Got Hacked

I'm Tha Man!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan_1986 View Post
    That's the problem with him being a face though. You can't really do much for being Straight Edge while being a face. The days of the crowd yelling "Hell Yeah" while Austin drinks beer wasn't that long ago. A heel punk would be much better for the straight edge gimmick.
    Then you have the same type of promos Jericho is currently doing. How many times does a wrestler needs to speak down to the fans to gain heat? I cant take another " Im better than you because_____" speech.

WWE started off great when CM Punk first became champ and he threw the beer in JBL's face. JBL was a man who liked to drink and became successful and Punk was a man who didnt do drugs, drink or smoke and he became successful . WWE should have continued using the straigh edge, " He doesnt drink, he's too small" ect and made Punk somewhat of a successful underdog. Then when he finally becomes heel and faces a Batista, I wont look and think to myself, "Why is the heel so much smaller than the face. There is no way Punk can win this match."
    [

Tommy Got Hacked

I'm Tha Man!

Status

They could have played it off in so many ways. They could have played Punk off as an inspiration to the kids, they could have talked about his morals and doing things the right way against Legacy, the beer issue with JBL and so on. Turning him heel simply because WWE doesnt put any effort into him isnt the right answer. If WWE cared enough about him, he would be doing well as a face.
    [

Thread Information