Thread: Diva's Finisher Theift *Minor Armageddon Spoiler*

Underdog

Status

Diva's Finisher Theift *Minor Armageddon Spoiler*

So I was watching Armageddon and enjoying the Santa's Little Helpers 8 Diva Tag (AKA obligatory seasonal themed filler material spank opportunity) and to my surprise Michelle McCool unveiled her "new" finisher - a pitiful semi-botched attempt at a Styles Clash. And it got me thinking about the TNA finisher theift in the Divas division.

Michelle McCool -
    Wings Of Love = Christopher Daniels - Angel's Wings
    New unnamed finisher - AJ Styles - Styles Clash

Melina
    Last Call - Suicide - DOA (Although to be fair she botched it less than Kaz lol)

Candice Michelle
    Candywrapper - Christian Cage - Unprettier

Back in the old days there was an unwritten rule that you don't steal another wrestlers finisher if you wor the same territory.... with the demise of the territories and with TNA and WWE both being broadcast on an international stage do you think this is right/ethical? Or are you of the opinion that move theift is acceptable.

I feel that it's wrong to steal another wrestlers finisher if it is still in their active repertoire.... unless it's a stolen move to begin with..... but more than the question of ethics I'm more concerned for the safety of the divas. I think Michelle is sloppy in the ring at the best of times.... and as talented as Melina is.... she is still prone the a few near-misses in terms of botching. Do they have the skill to execute such advanced and potentially dangerous moves (anybody who's seen a botched styles clash will know what I mean)

I can with all certainty say that MOST of the WWE Divas don't have the skill or experience to take these moves safely.

IMO it's a matter of time til someone gets hurt badly.

Sweet Meat

Status

Re: Diva's Finisher Theift *Minor Armageddon Spoiler*

I don't mind the Wings of Love, as I feel the way she did it differs from Daniels and more importantly, it's not as dangerous as her almost botching the Styles Clash. As for the Last Call, to be fair Murdock was doing that (Ace of Spades) almost a year ago.

I don't really mind them using the same finishers providing they remain on different shows. For example, if AJ Styles comes to the WWE, now he doesn't have his finisher. And when Candice (though she seemed to stop) started using the Unprettier, she'd probably have to stop when Christian got back.

But providing you aren't on the same brand/company (brands in the WWE), I don't mind seeing people use a finisher someone else is using. Though for the love of god I am sick and tired of spinning neckbreakers which were huge from 2004-2006 >_>

Also this is a bit off topic but a few moves I'd like to see make a return:

The Crucifix/Outsides Edge/Razor's Edge
    Mark Jindrak's Backdrop/Clothesline
    Original Sin (Ropebound Stunner)
    Dudley Dog/Acid Drop
    Anaconda Vice >.>
    Tiger Bomb
    and there are many others.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Underdog

Status

Quote Originally Posted by KenTheKiller View Post
    I don't mind the Wings of Love, as I feel the way she did it differs from Daniels and more importantly, it's not as dangerous as her almost botching the Styles Clash. As for the Last Call, to be fair Murdock was doing that (Ace of Spades) almost a year ago.

I don't really mind them using the same finishers providing they remain on different shows. For example, if AJ Styles comes to the WWE, now he doesn't have his finisher. And when Candice (though she seemed to stop) started using the Unprettier, she'd probably have to stop when Christian got back.

But providing you aren't on the same brand/company (brands in the WWE), I don't mind seeing people use a finisher someone else is using. Though for the love of god I am sick and tired of spinning neckbreakers which were huge from 2004-2006 >_>

Also this is a bit off topic but a few moves I'd like to see make a return:

The Crucifix/Outsides Edge/Razor's Edge
    Mark Jindrak's Backdrop/Clothesline
    Original Sin (Ropebound Stunner)
    Dudley Dog/Acid Drop
    Anaconda Vice >.>
    Tiger Bomb
    and there are many others.
    True... but the funny part is that the Wings were "Banned" for being "Too Devastating" lol.....

and Anaconda Vice FTW

WAKE UP

Status

Considering none of the moves mentioned are original or were innovated by TNA wrestlers I think the whole arguement of people "stealing" other peoples' finishers is quite retarded.

Hell, 99% of finishers out there were innovated about a decade ago or more, so to criticise someone for not having an original finisher is pretty stupid.

i'm all kinds of awesome.

Status

Melina did it before Suicide even debuted.

Why criticize Michelle for it when everyone's finishers are technically "stolen"? Is there one in the WWE that's actually original?

Yes, I have a GIF of two women kissing.
    Yes, it's hot. Yes it's Megan Fox kissing another woman from Jennifer's Body. Yes, it's hot... owait, I already said that. Yes, I'm aware this makes me sound like a total lesbian. But this scene? UNF.

Hi.

Status

Anaconda Vice
    Why Punk decided the G2S is a better finisher than the Anaconda Vice is beyond me.. maybe if he promoted and used both moves, but he's completely dropped the Vice.. such a good submission hold. It was even getting good reactions, like actual pops from the crowd when he slapped it on. Cena has the STFU, Taker has The Hell's Gate.. why can't Punker slap on the Vice every now and again?

That's bugged me for most of this year, actually.
    Me = going to WrestleMania 25, The HOF and ROH's next PPV, what what?
    Two national pay per view events in one weekend, not bad..

WAKE UP

Status

Off the top of my head, Trips, Morrison and Matt Hardy are the only ones I can think of who came up with original finishers.

Takes life. Seriously.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ping von Erich View Post
    Why Punk decided the G2S is a better finisher than the Anaconda Vice is beyond me.. maybe if he promoted and used both moves, but he's completely dropped the Vice.. such a good submission hold. It was even getting good reactions, like actual pops from the crowd when he slapped it on. Cena has the STFU, Taker has The Hell's Gate.. why can't Punker slap on the Vice every now and again?

That's bugged me for most of this year, actually.
    Probably because Vince or someone backstage said he should stop using. I doubt he personally made that decision. He was using the Anaconda Vice in ROH before he even had the developmental contract in WWE, so I'm sure he was quite found of his submission move.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    Melina did it before Suicide even debuted.
    Yes but technically Suicide debut when the video game came out. I see the WWE doing that maybe as a way to mock TNA a bit. They had a superstar returning and TNA was on the verge of debuting Suicide. Maybe they wanted to beat them to the punch so uneducated TNA and WWE fans go, "Suicide took that move from Melina."

Also, on the subject of original finishers...Helms claims he was the first to bring the Shining Wizard back into the United States. So maybe he could be added to that list as well, although that is just going on what he has said previous on interviews before.
    If you're reading this it means you're looking at a really old post, or I just recently posted again for some reason. Enjoy it!

WAKE UP

Status

If he said it, I'd believe Helms being the first American to use a Shining Wizard, though I'm sure alot of other guys have also being using it over the years. He sure didn't originate it though....

Takes life. Seriously.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Steventon View Post
    If he said it, I'd believe Helms being the first American to use a Shining Wizard, though I'm sure alot of other guys have also being using it over the years. He sure didn't originate it though....
    Oh no doubt, he didn't originate it. But he was, supposedly, the one to bring it to America.
    If you're reading this it means you're looking at a really old post, or I just recently posted again for some reason. Enjoy it!

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    nl=Netherlands

I thought CM Punk was told to not do his trademark finisher and make a new one because it is the same as HHH's...
    Spoiler:

WAKE UP

Status

Um, they're talking about the Anaconda Vice, not the Pepsi Plunge.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

WAKE UP

Status

Jillian I think. And the idea of a wrestler in a mainstream company ripping off other wrestlers sounds fucking terrible. And McCool's ankle lock wasn't an Angle-style ankle lock, it was just a normal bog standard leglock.

If they think giving people complicated looking moves as finishers is meant to show they can wrestle, then fuck me, that's retarded.

And yes Punk needs to bring back the vice, or atleast become more of a KENTA clone and finish guys of with kicks every now and then.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Dudley Dog/Acid Drop
    It's funny, but ever since being exposed to the Slicebread #2, whenever I watch any old Spike matches, I'm left so underwhelmed when he does the Acid Drop. The move no longer appeals to me in the slightest.

WAKE UP

Status

Hey, atleast Spike innovated that move....

Thread Information