Thread: WWE Comedy

Tommy Got Hacked

WWE Comedy

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

WAKE UP

Status

Re: WWE Comedy

Considering just a few months ago I was tuning into RAW for Charlie Haas alone, I kinda disagree. YES there is some terribleness.... dare I bring up the "JBL is poopy" fiasco? But I'd say it's about even. For every boring Ron Simmons segment there's Khali hosting the kiss kam with Singh saying "The Great Khali says he'll call you", and for every Big Dick Johnson there's Charlie Haas.

Also, I should say there is a big culture difference when it comes to comedy between Americans and us Brits.

Tommy Got Hacked

People's Champion

Status

One of your problems is that you're comparing it back to the Attitude Era. It is a new generation, with new faces in the crowd. Not all of the comedy is aimed for people under the age of 10 also. There are some sexual references and there are other jokes that kids wouldn't even understand. Some things really aren't funny at all, but it doesn't waste as much time as you're trying to say it does. I do think they should cut out some of them though.

Curtain Jerker

Status

WWE tends to enjoy running with things for too long and beating good jokes like a dead horse. As funny as Ron Simmons was, it's pretty dead now. Khalis kiss cam? Are you f'n kidding me? Yes, that's the way you push a MONSTER! Jeez. Charlie Haas, I don't want to start man. Take an athlete that could be in the intercontinental division and throw him down the drain. Like I said, WWE does tend to find funny things and exploit them too much.

TB is GOD

WAKE UP

Status

You realise Charlie Haas is way more over as a comedy character than he ever was before it?

And Khali is a face now, so no need to push him as a monster either.

Tommy Got Hacked

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    One of your problems is that you're comparing it back to the Attitude Era. It is a new generation, with new faces in the crowd. Not all of the comedy is aimed for people under the age of 10 also. There are some sexual references and there are other jokes that kids wouldn't even understand. Some things really aren't funny at all, but it doesn't waste as much time as you're trying to say it does. I do think they should cut out some of them though.
    Comedy is comedy. Just because it's a new era, doesn't mean that we should have to live with the comedy aspect of any show to be down so much from past years. If they're so set on having so much comedy on a show, they might as well make it entertaining. Which is really the problem they have today.

TrayBlaylock, brings up a great point. Even when the WWE comes up with something funny, they keep it going for a long time without much change. Things like Eugene, Ron Simmons and others were funny at first. However, hearing someone say 'DAMN' after some weird event, can only stay funny for a limited amount of time.

The likes of The Rock, Chris Jericho (Especially in WCW) and Steve Austin realized this. Due to that, they never told the same jokes over and over. And because of that, they were almost always able to stay fresh in terms of comedy.

Tommy Got Hacked

Quote Originally Posted by The Monster Abyss View Post
    Mae Young is another textbook example of WWE overusing something. Personally I never found her funny in the first place, but jesus, how long has this gone on?

WWE need some new writers.
    I don't really consider her being overused. The WWE and Vince is just being kind enough to find something for her to do to bring in a few bucks here and there. At her age, what else can she really do?

Tommy Got Hacked

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan_1986 View Post
    I don't really consider her being overused. The WWE and Vince is just being kind enough to find something for her to do to bring in a few bucks here and there. At her age, what else can she really do?
    Die.

And it will also put an end to her showing up half naked. Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Hi.

Status

There's always been comedy in wrestling.. especially in WWE, and fans like us have always been overly critical of it tend to gravitate more towards the "SUPER CERIAL" wrestlers and storylines. Once again we look back fondly at the Attitude era, but as someone who as active on the net at the time.. people bitched then to. Does anyone remember back when the IWC absolutely loathed the ground The Rock walked on, when people hated that WWE turned Kurt Angle into a simpleton comedy character, when people said there was to much backstage stuff with Commissioner Foley.. same shit different day, broseph.

Honestly, right now things steer more towards the serious in WWE, at least from where I'm sitting. At least compared to years past. Yeah you have Santino, Haas, The Boogeyman, Goldust, Simmons, Funaki, maybe a few others.. that's about it. In the end its comes down to the fact that everyone can't be walking around mumbling about how kick ass they are, WWE produces like five sometimes six hours of original programming every week not counting pay per views.. if all six of those hours were jam packed with "SUPER CERIAL BAD ASS WRASSLERS" I'd poke out my eyes with chop sticks.
    Me = going to WrestleMania 25, The HOF and ROH's next PPV, what what?
    Two national pay per view events in one weekend, not bad..

Tommy Got Hacked

Oh It's True DAMN True!

Status

Charlie Haas is alright, some inpersonations are great, some are god awful. His JBL one was his best yet IMO, his worst was probally imatating Bret Hart. But moving on, most of wwe's other comedy is also God Awful, except of course the next raw GM (i can dream right?) Santino Marrela, hes funny as hell, i don't care what the haters say, Santino=ratings.

Lord Have Mercy!

Thread Information