Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can We See A Real Feud?

walk

Status
      Country                    bf=Burkina Faso

Can We See A Real Feud?

On RAW and SmackDown! we have some personal feuds, and some meaningful chases for the belt. But on ECW, it's just Matt Hardy is champion, and the number one contender wins something like a fatal four way to get a shot. He has no problem with the current champion, he just wants the belt. There's never any blood, and never anything personal. They just go out, have thier match, and maybe attack each other after matches for a few weeks.

Why can't we have a personal feud? I know ECW is geared towards wrestling rather than talking, but is it really too much to ask to build a feud that creates interest? It can't be that hard.

Thoughts?
    love ire & song

WAKE UP

Status
    Thanks to the fact ECW only get one PPV spot, it makes pretty much everything outside of that one mAatch/fued filler.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again, the best thing for ECW is to just take it off PPV altogether (or keep it for the big four). That way you can have all the "big" matches on TV (which should = more ratings) and you can make everything else seem like more than just filler.

Sweet Meat

Status
    Well it seems like Dreamer/Swagger may be going that route with Swagger mocking Dreamer's wife and family. I don't expect it to last long, but meh.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

walk

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD STEVENTON. View Post
    Thanks to the fact ECW only get one PPV spot, it makes pretty much everything outside of that one mAatch/fued filler.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again, the best thing for ECW is to just take it off PPV altogether (or keep it for the big four). That way you can have all the "big" matches on TV (which should = more ratings) and you can make everything else seem like more than just filler.
    And none of the matches we do see on PPV have any personal element to them at all. If they're only getting one match, it shouldn't be too much to ask for WWE to make it mean something. They don't though.
    love ire & song

i'm all kinds of awesome.

Status
    WWE actually makes feuds too personal anymore... they don't like to make it personal for each and every one. They'll have one running that's personal but that's it. They are probably worried about being too serious or something, as they liked to be light hearted and comedic and they're worried making too much things personal will detract from that, who knows.

Yes, I have a GIF of two women kissing.
    Yes, it's hot. Yes it's Megan Fox kissing another woman from Jennifer's Body. Yes, it's hot... owait, I already said that. Yes, I'm aware this makes me sound like a total lesbian. But this scene? UNF.

walk

Status
    ECW has never had a feud with anything personal about it since WWE made it the third brand. RVD vs Heyman is the closest thing, and that's only because RVD got busted.
    love ire & song

Tommy Got Hacked
    Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Oh It's True DAMN True!

Status
    Dreamer vs Swagger is a pretty good feud, but with WWECW only getting one match every ppv, it's impossible for that feud/match to be on a PPV.

Lord Have Mercy!

Tommy Got Hacked

WAKE UP

Status
    Not really, you can still make it a big deal on tv. Hell, if done right it could be BIGGER deal strictly on tv if they make ever defence feel important unlike half the worthless defences the raw and smackdown titles have on PPV.

Oh It's True DAMN True!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieLeasSlave View Post
    True, and the lack of PPV time is a problem, but it is up to the writers to make that one match that does get on PPV memorable, and when the feuds are so uninspiring and lack emotion, thats a problem.

I disagree with Steve though, the ECW title needs to be defended on PPV if it is to have even a shred of credibility.
    Agreed, Matt Hardy vs Finlay should be a Survivor Series match, not on ECW, and so should Jack Swagger vs Tommy Dreamer in a Extreme Rules at SS as well. IMO anyway.

Lord Have Mercy!

Tommy Got Hacked

WAKE UP

Status
    Having it as the main event of ECW made it feel like a much bigger deal than if he had won it on the low card of a PPV.

Tommy Got Hacked

WAKE UP

Status
    Hardy won it on the opener.

Tommy Got Hacked

WAKE UP

Status
    As opposed to other PPVs, which don't have two other world title matches on them?

Tommy Got Hacked

WAKE UP

Status
    But that in itself is a problem, you shouldn;t have to space them about because you shouldn't be whoring shit out that much...

Tommy Got Hacked

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information