Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWE not acknowledging the past

Tommy Got Hacked

WWE not acknowledging the past

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

WAKE UP

Status
    It's not that they don't acknowledge it, the made the history between Cena and Batista known in the lead up to their match, it's just that they play up the "all the good guys are bestest buddies~!" angle too much. Both Michaels and Batista are probably the two most protected stars on RAW and they are really conservative about either of them looking weak, so they have them team up and bury half the roster instead of going for a more realistic approach.

Tommy Got Hacked

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States
    I don't mind it so much they they're not acknowladging the past, but the fact that Jericho was part of the Batista feud as well and the feud between Batista/HBK is exactly what led to Jericho/HBK. That's the WORST part. God, I hate this program.

Intercontinental Champion

Status
    While you are true, they have acknowledged Batista's and Michaels' feud on the last couple of Raws. They talked briefly about the feud and how there is no love loss. What they did last night in shaking hands is bury the hatchet. That is what the E was trying to say.

But ya, it does happen in other incidents. After WM12, the WWE tried to say that Bret Hart has never beaten Shawn Michaels, which he had done many times. There is also the case of Kane and his ever changing background story.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
    Are you kidding? The whole commentary during the match was about how their initial rivalry set off the Jericho feud. The fact that they can make amends doesn't mean anything.

A few weeks ago Jericho acknowledged his feud with JBL while he was a face. That's acknowledging the past.

Formerly known as ιlιlι.CENA.ιlιlι.
    PY Prediction - Jeff Hardy will win.

Tommy Got Hacked

Mid-Card Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieLeasSlave View Post
    Does anyone else hate when they do this? You know, when they just pretend the past (even if it happened this year) never happened. When they expect the fans to have forgotten everything after a few months so they don't have to make any reference to it, and in fact, can contradict themselves completely with an angle which would never happen considering what happened between those guys in the past.

Raw Spoilers:

Raw last night reminded me of this. The way they had Batista and Shawn Michaels shaking hands, acting like the best of friends, with Michael Cole talking about the 'mutual respect' they have for each other. If your recall how this Jericho/Michaels feud began, it was Jericho involving himself in a heated feud between Batista and Michaels over Flair's retirement, with both men making it clear that they had little respect for each other. In fact, they hated each others guts, and Batista brutalized HBK in that stretcher match.

It is just dumb and makes the product less believable. I would much prefer that they never did anything which is a direct contradiction to past angles. When that whole feud only happened THIS FUCKING YEAR then that is definitely going too far.

Thoughts on this specific example and WWEs frequent refusal to acknowledge past angles and occurrences?

I wholehartedly agree with you on this one.

Status
    I didn't say they NEVER acknowledge the past now did I? Jericho is still talking about being the first ever undisputed Champion 7 years ago.

What I mean is that they acknowledge the past when it suits them. They are more than willing to act like something never happened when it suits them too. They may have mentioned the Batista/HBK feud, but the fact is, considering how personal that feud became, there is no way they would be this friendly just a few short months later. It is to do with what Steve was saying about WWE making out that all the faces are buddies and protecting them all this way.
    You do not know guys very well. We get pissed off at each other, something big happens, a few weeks later we forget.

Batista had a big problem with Michaels, they beat each other to hell over it, the feud ended, and time healed the wound.

Sweet Meat

Status
    How exactly were they friendly? They were trying to hurt each other and HBK even said he had problems with Batista and vice versa. A handshake is hardly a sign of friendship, same with respect is hardly a sign of friendship. You can respect someone but hate their guts either way.

Although I will agree it has happened in the past, I don't feel this is a case of that. They still aren't friends and nowhere near "buddies", just they respect one another's talent and have a mutual enemy in Y2J+company.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Tommy Got Hacked

Status
    You can't compare Batista snapping and spinebustering Michaels on the ring steps to a dispute between two buddies lol

you'd be surprised

this is wrestling. The whole component is that these guys build respect for each other through the hell they put each other through. Batista took Michaels to hell, and Michaels fought him every step of the way. Batista got his point through that Michaels should not have beat Flair, and now that the point has been made, Batista can move on. But it was Michaels resilience that at the same time developed respect with Batista. Now he can forgive.

Tommy Got Hacked

Sweet Meat

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by KenTheKiller View Post
    How exactly were they friendly? They were trying to hurt each other and HBK even said he had problems with Batista and vice versa. A handshake is hardly a sign of friendship, same with respect is hardly a sign of friendship. You can respect someone but hate their guts either way.

Although I will agree it has happened in the past, I don't feel this is a case of that. They still aren't friends and nowhere near "buddies", just they respect one another's talent and have a mutual enemy in Y2J+company.
    That is plausible, but all WWE care about is that neither guy looks even the slightest bit weak. I still think it sucks that they have to become the best of buddies just because they are both faces and are not feuding. It makes the product less believable and insults the fans' intelligence. Sure you can argue that they gained each others respect or whatever, but to be honest I would prefer it if they had it so nobody was on good terms aside from the official stables and tag teams.

This wouldn't happen because they want the faces to look strong and support each other and all that stuff.
    Still don't see how they're buddies.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Tommy Got Hacked

Sweet Meat

Status
    I don't know. It's unfair to judge now. They weren't even working "together" then, as neither trusted one another. They were just taking out the unfair advantages.

I see it as two enemies having to form an alliance due to an even greater enemy, in Chris Jericho n Company.

Spoiler:

WAKE UP

Status
    Seeing Batista and HBK bury half the roster in such a way reminded me of Nash and Goldberg doing the same thing with the same two moves over and over.

Tommy Got Hacked

Sweet Meat

Status
    That's something I do agree with. Maybe not so much useless but seriously, if two guys no matter how good can take 5-10 guys no matter how bad, that's a problem.

Spoiler:

Tommy Got Hacked

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information