Thread: The Absence of Cena + Cena's Return

Tommy Got Hacked

The Absence of Cena + Cena's Return

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Main Eventer

Status
    With the ratings low and people looking at the possible causes, how big of a part do people think Cena plays in this? He is definitely the biggest draw on the brand so it is obvious that his absence could cause a decrease in ratings. Punk, HBK and Batista are all in the title mix, but none of them can really generate the kind of reactions Cena can, even Batista.
    Punk is too young still, and hasn't been built as superman like Cena, therfor he isn't as over.
    Batista is hated by a lot. He draws just as much heat as Cena sometimes, as a face which is bad.
    HBK is over as fuck. He himself gets the Raw ratings up.

I.E - When HHH, Cena, all went down, the rating went to a 2.8 - HBK comes back, ratings go back to 3.3 or higher.

Credit: ProWrestling.net

WWE Monday Night RAW drew a 3.1 rating this week, up from the 2.6 the show drew last week. The first hour drew a 3.01, and the second hour drew a 3.09
    HBK misses last week, makes a special appearance at the end, wrestles this past week, and look at the rating.

Cena is not nearly as big as a draw as he was.

I know this probably wasn't your goal of the topic, but I'm simply stating HBK is just as over as Cena. Hell, no one boo's HBK so I'd say he's a lot more over.

On Vacation

Status
    I hope his time as the superman face is over to be honest, I might actually be interested in watching a Cena match again if he comes back as a heel. He should come back after the surgery and be like "I didn't get one single card or letter that was good, in fact I got hate mail, people telling me to stay out of the game for good, well you know what people, screw all of you."

If he come back as a heel, he might get over again, but if not, he should be used to put the rest of the roster over.

Sweet Meat

Status
    It's not like he's retiring any time soon, from what I see. Someone like Khali who won't be on top again and doesn't have a lot of time left should put over a lot of people, not Cena who probably has plenty of years left.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

i'm all kinds of awesome.

Status
    WWE desperately needs to change his character bad. He can't appeal to the kids only for so long saying shit like JBL is poopy - that is just middle school stuff. He needs to come back as a more mature guy with a tweak... to be honest, I have no clue which tweak just yet, I'd have to think more about that.

He'll most likely return at the 11/3 edition of RAW if he isn't slated to return in the next few weeks, because the 11/3 edition is just right up John's alley seeing as RAW will be held in Tampa then which is like... where he lives or right outside of it. Return to a 3 hour RAW ftw.

Yes, I have a GIF of two women kissing.
    Yes, it's hot. Yes it's Megan Fox kissing another woman from Jennifer's Body. Yes, it's hot... owait, I already said that. Yes, I'm aware this makes me sound like a total lesbian. But this scene? UNF.

I'm Tha Man!

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada
    I'd hate to thing that any fan is so ignorant that if one wrestler gets injured, they would just stop watching until they come back. I mean Im one of the biggest Lashley fans ever to live, but there is no way I was going to quit mid way through storylines and stuff like that because he was gone.

As for Cena's return, the Superman thing doesnt really bother me much right now. When he returned he took a semi back seat and let other go over. Its been some time since he was untouchable, and truth be told, there was a time I enjoyed hating on Cena. I'd much rather see a heel turn for Cena when he returns though. Its long long over due.

No Hype Necessary

Status
    I honestly believe it's over. I think that they noticed the fans were getting sick of it. Even the superstars working for Vince probably got pissed, and that's why he hasn't got much of a push lately. I just hope when he gets back he just pulls off some good main event matches, but not for the title. Like The Rock was right before he left. Like when The Rock went against Goldberg and such. Those big matches like that. Those are the ones I think he's going to get away with. Not a push such as a title push. But yeah...

Tommy Got Hacked

walk

Status
      Country                    bf=Burkina Faso
    Quote Originally Posted by Exist 2 Inspire View Post
    WWE desperately needs to change his character bad. He can't appeal to the kids only for so long saying shit like JBL is poopy - that is just middle school stuff. He needs to come back as a more mature guy with a tweak... to be honest, I have no clue which tweak just yet, I'd have to think more about that.
    So, they're going to tweak his gimmick because the older demographic doesn't like him? He is still playing to the children because they're the ones who think he is cool, and they are the ones who result in the sale of Cena merchandise.

Possibly sacrificing merchandise sale just to make some smarks happy doesn't sound like a logical move to me.

Anyway, I quite like The John, so hopefully we see him back soon. A return at Survivor Series would be pretty cool.
    love ire & song

No Hype Necessary

Status
    ^ I don't believe that's going to happen though. Like everyone else has been saying, I'd love for him to become a heel. That'd be great.

walk

Status
    Turning him heel would be incredibly stupid. Do you not understand that WWE is a business that wants to make money?

Face Cena = Lots of money.
    love ire & song

No Hype Necessary

Status
    I understand what the business wants. I'm just saying what I think would be awesome. I'm stating my opinions... not the WWE's.

walk

Status
    Yes, but your opinion clearly doesn't take logic into account. You're just saying what you'd like to see, as if it wouldn't have an affect on anything. That's like me saying, "I wish I had full control of the world."
    love ire & song

No Hype Necessary

Status
    .... can't a man wish? I'm not saying it's going to happen for sure, but if it were to happen, I would be super happy.

I'm Tha Man!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Dream View Post
    Turning him heel would be incredibly stupid. Do you not understand that WWE is a business that wants to make money?

Face Cena = Lots of money.
    They already have Undertaker, HBK, Batista, CM Punk, Triple H, Rey Mysterio from the face side of things making them a boat load of cash. Not to metion the likes of Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Kofi Kingston, Jason Bourne, and so on moving up in the cards which mean more cash.

Turning Cena into a heel, if anything, should open him up to a whole new fan base. People who were turned off of Cana during the Superman run will probably like the change in character. I mean what IWC member doesnt like a good heel?

No Hype Necessary

Status
    What's IWC? Sorry if that's a stupid question....

I'm Tha Man!

Status
    Internet Wrestling Community.

No Hype Necessary

Status
    Oh, I feel dumb. Thanks btw. Yeah, by the looks of it, no one of this community doesn't like a good heel.

Tommy Got Hacked

Thread Information