Thread: Chris Jericho: How Long Will His Reign Last?

walk

Status
      Country                    bf=Burkina Faso

Chris Jericho: How Long Will His Reign Last?

With the drop in ratings for Raw last week, I have been wondering how long hris Jericho will hold on to the World Heavyweight Championship. He would classify as the number one man on the show as Champion, so a lot of the blame for the ratings would go his way (regardless of the NFL game, it was still a crap rating, so the NFL can't be blamed).

Vince often makes knee jerk reactions, and looks for a quick fix. Whilst the overall product may be the problem, Vince may look at Jericho, and take the belt off him. Vince could also come up with another ricockulous storyline, like last year's illegitimate child storyline, that was used when the ratings started to drop.

I'm hoping Jericho is able to hold it all of the way to WrestleMania. Jericho vs Punk would be a dream main event, after Punk wins the Royal Rumble. Although with current happenings, I wouldn't be surprised if Jericho were to lose it to Batista, after Batista beats JBL. I'd hate to see this, because Tista is just shit, but I think that's how it's going to go down.

So how long do you think Jericho's title reign will last?
    love ire & song

Indy Talent

Status
    Well I can see Jericho's reign lasting to No Mercy this coming week with the rating. If Michaels was too get one last reign, Vince may think that it could be the ratings up which is probably not true. As much as I want to see the Jericho reign continue beyuond that point, with the current ratings, I just don't see it actually happening tbh.

Free Mind Erections!

Status
    I really hope Y2J keeps the belt for a long time. Y2J is probably one of the most entertaining champions that RAW has had in years, seriously. Y2J > HHH, Orton, Punk, JBL, etc..

Y2J is a very entertaining performer and an awesome wrestler.

With any luck, he'll keep it just long enough so that he can prove to the WWE officials that he should never be given the title again. Jericho doesn't even need the title. He's been in a major program since the spring and that doesn't show too many signs of ending anytime soon.

Chikara Trainee

Status
    Jericho reigns until Survivor Series or Armageddon imo.

He'll drop the belt to Orton in a triple threat with Punk.

Intercontinental Champion

Status
    i doubt jericho title reign will reach wrestlemania. i am happy chris got the title. but the way they did it was crap. it wasn't nessarly great selling after hbk kicked the shit out of him so much to point the reff ended when jericho was too injuried to continue. shock sells but proper booking.
    i see him droping belt to either hbk or punk or possible the injury prone boring cena.
    credit to xxhhhxx
    IT'S NOT A SMALL WORLD. IT'S A PAINFUL UGLY WORLD!

On The Radio Or Twitter..

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England
    Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan_1986 View Post
    With any luck, he'll keep it just long enough so that he can prove to the WWE officials that he should never be given the title again. Jericho doesn't even need the title. He's been in a major program since the spring and that doesn't show too many signs of ending anytime soon.
    What? Jericho is a fantastic in-ring worker and is definitely not lacking Charisma, He is a perfect choice for Champion. He should remain Champion for a lengthy period. Did you see his performances in August and July against HBK? Fantastic, He deserves the title more than any other Wrestler on Raw.

His charisma is far better than anyone else. His entertainment levels is fantastic. Ever since his return last year I've been wanting him to be World Champion. He's at the height of his career. He is better than ever.

i'm all kinds of awesome.

Status
    I can't say I'm too excited about Chris as world champion considering how he was booked to win it was just... meh, so the reign has gotten off to a bad start.

He's just so much better in personal feuds and I loved the one with Shawn, because we were treated to a personal main event like feud that didn't need to involve the title. Ever since he returned, that feud right there is where Chris has shined the most. Now he has the title, he can't have that personal feud anymore. Granted it may still be seeing as Shawn wants to disfigure him and all that, but that's run its course. And he just has to worry about Batista pretty much now and they're just going to make that a cliche title feud that's not suited for Chris, so I'm not interested in his reign.

Nevertheless, I just hope he's a transitional champion simply because WWE just wanted to shake things up real quick. So a few months at the most.

Yes, I have a GIF of two women kissing.
    Yes, it's hot. Yes it's Megan Fox kissing another woman from Jennifer's Body. Yes, it's hot... owait, I already said that. Yes, I'm aware this makes me sound like a total lesbian. But this scene? UNF.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    What? Jericho is a fantastic in-ring worker and is definitely not lacking Charisma, He is a perfect choice for Champion. He should remain Champion for a lengthy period. Did you see his performances in August and July against HBK? Fantastic, He deserves the title more than any other Wrestler on Raw.

His charisma is far better than anyone else. His entertainment levels is fantastic. Ever since his return last year I've been wanting him to be World Champion. He's at the height of his career. He is better than ever.
    And yet, as champion, he's getting some of the lowest Raw ratings in history.

The guy's first title reign bombed and already a couple weeks into his second reign, it's bombing again. Save_Us_Y2J...our ratings aren't bad enough!

Tommy Got Hacked
    Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Jobber

Status
    I think Jericho deserves a good long reign, but might not get it. If he doesn't lose to HBK, he might lose it before the year is out, maybe at the last PPV, or at the Rumble. Then, maybe he can be involved in a triple threat for the title at WM25 with Punk(probably RR winner), and whoever took the title from Jericho. I'd really like him to hold it till Mania so it could be Punk vs. Y2J.

Thread Information