Thread: Zach Gowen?

On The Radio Or Twitter..

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England

Zach Gowen?

Zach Gowen was released by WWE in late 2003. He was a handicapped guy who started out in the wrestling business by being grabbed by Roddy Piper and in the corner of Hulk Hogan's comedy character 'Mr. America'.
    Soon after that feud ended, Zach started wrestling. He wrestled Matt Hardy and a host of other jobbers. Earlier whilst watching ECW i was thinking, What would WWE be like with Zach still in it? He could be a good star on ECW. His one legged moonsault from the top rope was unique and made Zach quite popular with the fans. Zach could be a mid-card ECW preformer. I wouldn't see him in a role of Colin Delaney, i would see him in a role of Finlay. What do you guys think?

Gowen was nothing more than a circus freak act who once the new car smell wore off, people had little interest in him. I applaud him in living his dream, but the guy isn't a good wrestler. Having one leg does keep you from being a good wrestler. Such unbelievable moves as an Irish Whip looks even more staged. It doesn't help matters that everyone had to be so careful with the kid. On top of a lack of talent, the guy supposedly has a terrible attitude. While people like Shawn Michaels has gotten away with having one because he at least had the talent to back it up, Gowen doesn't.

*Moved to ECW forum.*

Tommy Got Hacked
    Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Intercontinental Champion

Status
    i agree with jim.

you seen gowen wrestle once you seen him wrestle 1000 times.
    credit to xxhhhxx
    IT'S NOT A SMALL WORLD. IT'S A PAINFUL UGLY WORLD!

WAKE UP

Status
    What's worse than a handicapped kid trying to wrestle a normal match?

A handicapped kid trying to put on a good CZW deathmatch

Last Real Man Hype

Status
    He can be ok in tag matches, and his one-legged spots are sometimes really cool. Unfortunately, that's as good as he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Chikara Trainee

Status
    Zach Gowen was abysmal. it's just so cringy and clunky, fair play to him, he can wrestle with 1 leg, but big deal, he's a nobody.

Plus he's been addicted to painkillers and is only just clean, so whatever.

Indy Talent

Status
    Seeing Lesnar beat the shit out of him was pretty ftw though.

Chikara Trainee

Status
    LMFAO. Yeah, I forgot he almost killed him. Is that when he busted him open very badly?

OMB BAYBAY!

Status
    I think he is referring to the time when he pushed Gowen down a flight of stairs, which was amazing.

People's Champion

Status
    Lmao. That's always the first picture that comes into my mind when I think of Gowen.

At the time, I was actually a huge fan of the storyline with Kurt/Brock and then Gowen got involved. It got Lesnar tremendous heat, and helped Kurt get over as a face. I still think Gowen could be good in that kind of role. You can't help but to feel good for the kid, because he is living a dream, that almost seems impossible. But after time, he would just get stale. You can't really change that much to his character, and I believe that he spend the perfect amount of time in the WWE. As for going to ECW, I couldn't see it happening. He probably will never be back in the E, but if he did come back, I think he needs to be on a more showcased brand then ECW.

Thread Information