Thread: WWE Summerslam - John Cena vs. Batista

People's Champion

Status

WWE Summerslam - John Cena vs. Batista

When John Cena and Batista face off at SummerSlam, the world will witness two of the largest, most powerful forces in WWE clash head on – for the first time ever. And to think, the promise of such an earth-shattering collision began over a simple misunderstanding.

When Cena accidentally knocked Batista out of the ring after The Animal’s title bout with World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk, Batista came up swinging, and the two strongmen traded blows.

Those hard feelings seemed to subside when the two shook hands at the beginning of the next week’s Raw. That truce, however, was short-lived.

Batista felt he deserved to face CM Punk for the World Heavyweight Title at SummerSlam. Cena not only felt the same, he also pointed out that Batista had already lost to Punk twice. Just after the two set a match among themselves to determine who would earn the opportunity to face Punk, Shane McMahon interrupted their plans and told them that Raw’s new, yet-to-be-revealed GM had forced them to pair together that night in a tag team match against JBL & Kane.

While Cena and Batista refused to trust one another, the reluctant pair eventually prevailed. At the end of their victorious match, Raw’s new General Manager was revealed to be Mike Adamle. The ECW announcer entered the ring and told the stunned audience that it would be the Chain Gang Commander battling The Animal in a match that guarantees to rattle Conseco Fieldhouse to its foundation.

Pleasure Rinsable

Status
    The WWE's dream match isn't it.

I fail to be at all interested.

Last Real Man Hype

Status
    Could've been interesting a couple years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

People's Champion

Status
    It definetly would've been better a couple of years ago when they were both on this rise and developing into WWE's biggest stars. The thing is, they really couldn't. Both were holding their brand's respective World Title's. I think the match could still be pretty good.

Sweet Meat

Status
    The match itself in my mind will be much better now. Both men have improved so much. Whether it's as BIG of a match is debatable though.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Underdog

Status
    Anyone else see this as the beginning of a Cena heel turn.... Hope so

Sweet Meat

Status
    It's possible but I doubt it. Both these men need to turn heel sometime in the near future imo.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Underdog

Status
    And this match is the perfect place to start, I can see it now. Neither Cena or Batista and keep the other down so they return to their dirty tricks.

Sweet Meat

Status
    Thing is, I see the crowd being split. I actually see the "smart" fans rooting for Cena for once :P.

Spoiler:

Underdog

Status
    I`m actually rooting for Cena, I want to see Batista get the shit beat out of him for once.

Tommy Got Hacked
    Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Sweet Meat

Status
    It's still a huge draw so meh.

Hopefully it will surprise others.

Spoiler:

Free Mind Erections!

Status
    It's a huge attraction without enough build up to it at all. That's what sucks about this match, the foundation is there, its just they pushed this match way to soon. I really would have liked to seen this feud develop and continue for about 4 or 5 months, Jan 09 to April 09. Hell, if they can keep the feud fresh, continue all the way till next Summerslam?

I hope to see Batista beat the crap out of Cena. I liked Batista a lot in his early days, when he was in Evolution. Ever since he changed his theme song, his character and became a face, he got boring too me.

I've never liked Cena, once ever. His rapper gimmick was stupid, his marine gimmick is stupid, his wwe poster boy image is boring.

walk

Status
      Country                    bf=Burkina Faso
    I have nothing against the match, as it is obviously just a set up for future matches between this two. This will probably have a cheap finish, like Orton running in. Cena and Batista will pick up the feud again later.

I see this as the beginning of a batista heel turn, with him siding with Orton, and maybe taking Priceless under their wings, creating a new faction. Maybe it is just wishful thinking. It seems realistic enough to me, especially after WWE's obvious Orton swerve on wwe.com.

Match quality? Not so great. I know Cena has done well with Khali, but I don't see him carrying another big man. Batista is better than Khali, but I still don't rate him. He only has good matches wehn put up against really good opponents, and I don't think Cena is good enough.
    love ire & song

Thread Information