Thread: WWE's Downfall.

People's Champion

Status

WWE's Downfall.

WWE shows have been continuing to decrease in the ratings. They've been getting some pretty bad ratings, even though their shows haven't been that bad. It may be a case of wrestling not being as popular as it used to be, but there has to be a way to gain back fans or bring in some new fans.

So how would you fix the ratings problem in the WWE?

I'm Tha Man!

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada
    Hire a creative team that can... well be creative. I cant count how many handicap matches and 5 on one beat downs I've seen in the Edge/Taker feud. I have counted 5 times in the last 4 months that Vickie has been attacked by a wrestler. This is the third straight PPV where Randy Orton/ Triple will be fighting each other in the main event for Raw. This is the third straight PPV where Taker/ Edge will be main event the Smackdown side on ppv's. I feel like Ive been watching the same Raw and Smackdown shows for three months now. I'm a wrestling fan, and I grew up in an era where feuds would last for a whole year, but never have I been as bored with the WWF/E as I am right now.
    [
    I'll crash the plane that ****** n-gga B.O.B is in!

Tommy Got Hacked
    Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

People's Champion

Status
    Honestly, I don't even watch the Raw/ECW/Smackdown for the matches anymore. Every single match is the exact same thing on television, so I only watch the matches on PPV's. I'll watch the WWE for the promo's and the storylines, but the matches are just boring and repetitive.

To me, that is the main problem.

Tommy Got Hacked

Mid-Card Champion

Status
    Start developing stars like they did in 03 w/Cena, Batista, Orton, etc...

Indy Talent

Status
    I agree with what people have said here. But another reason I think ratings are down is because of DVR. A lot of people just DVR the show or Tivo it and watch it later. I kno my friend DVRs all three shows on his tv and watches them when he gets the chance. To be honest instead of watchin Raw I'd rather watch Detroit/Boston game 4 but thats just me.

WAKE UP

Status
    Maybe they should stop being so dull. We've had Edge/Taker pretty much non-stop since the begining of the year. I'm all for long fueds, but it has to on-and-off. It's not just PPV either, every Smackdown this year has been Taker vs Edge. Atleast throw someone like Hardy or MVP into the mix and have a title shot or short fued with Edge to break it up.

Also, how about some damn charactor development? Everyone seems to be given a basic outline for their charactor and it just stays at that. For example, Carlito is a Craibean guy who's a dick. That's it. They've done nothing over the last year to make me particulary care about him or want to see him, and I'm a fan of his.

And whilest we're at it, how about some emotion every now then? This week on RAW we had two guys who supposedly hate each other, Randy Orton and HHH, stare down in the ring and talk some crap. If this had been 2001 and it had been The Rock and Austin they would have started beating the hell out of each other and had security pull them apart. It's all so very tame at the moment.

Also, the mid-card, low-card and tag divisions are all as good as dead thanks to tri-branded PPVs. Whats even the point of fueds like Noble/Palumbo if theres no pay-off at the end of it? It's just a waste of time. The best thing to do would be to take ECW off PPV all together and make it TV only and try and present it as more of a training camp with they younger guys and to have RAW and Smackdown go back to their seperate PPVs. More time to build up the rivalrys rather than just repeting it on a monthly cycle and more talent being used rather than just floating around pointlessly on the sidelines. When you've got a supposedly "World" title on your low-card, you know something isn't right.

Tommy Got Hacked

Wrestling God

Status
    I don't think they have a ratings problem. When A.M. Raw draws a rating hire than TNA it takes away alot of the concern they had about the Memorial Day rating.

As for fixing the ratings, the WWE has already begun to take the right steps in refreshing things up by bringing back the draft and implementing Vince's million-dollar giveaway. I'm sure that Raw and Smackdown will get their ratings right back up after the draft.

Curtain Jerker

Status
    Smackdown ratings might go up if they went live and brought in a few highly talented mic workers.

ECW ratings might go up if the shows weren't just for breeding and putting over new stars because that isn't entertaining television.

RAW ratings might go up if they put some effort and as Steve said emotion into the angles. The PPV matches have emotions, the promos and altercations on TV don't. Wrestling isn't soft nor is it suppose to appeal to children {like I've read they're trying to do}, while they have scandalous dirty divas clad in barely anything, parents won't let them watch it anyway or just because it's Wrestling. And wrestling is where all the demons of the world are supposedly stemmed from.

Or the WWE could accept that Wrestling isn't a popular or "cool thing" anymore to watch. And realize this slump in television viewers was inevitable.

Thread Information