Thread: Thoughts on the Vacant Title?

People's Champion

Status

Thoughts on the Vacant Title?

What are your thoughts with this storyline and the World Heavyweight Championship being vacant?

I'm not really a big fan, but I can see where the WWE is coming from. This kind of storyline is interesting to the casual fan and to kids. It's a way for them to root even more for Taker and to boo Vickie and Edge even more. It's the heel GM screwing the top face out of the world, and it's a type of storyline that gets over with the crowd.

Tommy Got Hacked
    Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
    Is it fair to consider Vickie as a good on-air character now or do you guys think it's just the writing?

Formerly known as ιlιlι.CENA.ιlιlι.
    PY Prediction - Jeff Hardy will win.

Tommy Got Hacked

i'm all kinds of awesome.

Status
    I like Vickie simply because she's actually being booked right. Screwing the face and add the fact her mic skills aren't horrible, she is getting an unbelievable amount of heat. One day... I'm telling you, she'll be the person who has gotten the most heat ever in WWE ~_~.

Vacant title? Meh. I thought it was kinda stupid to do that in the first place, then have a match for it and the result is a countout? As Tom said, it's just a way to drag out the feud for Taker/Edge more than it already has.

Spoiler thoughts as SD hasn't aired yet...

Spoiler:

Taker's just going to win it back at One Night Stand since he's involved in a TLC match against Edge and this could be a good way for him to win, considering if he loses... he's fired and Edge is rumoured to be pretty burned out so this is the perfect way for him to go out.

Yes, I have a GIF of two women kissing.
    Yes, it's hot. Yes it's Megan Fox kissing another woman from Jennifer's Body. Yes, it's hot... owait, I already said that. Yes, I'm aware this makes me sound like a total lesbian. But this scene? UNF.

WAKE UP

Status
    It seems pretty pointless if you ask me. At the end of the day the guy who gets the vacant title is going to be no different to that if they didn't vacate it. Seems as if it's done just to add another quick notch on Undertaker's belt or reigns if you ask me. Unless they had brought someone else into the title picture it seems really stupid and pointless. But then again it has made the fued more interesting just for the shear curiosity of it.

Out of interest, in theory couldn't Punk just cash in the Money In The Bank and win the vacant title?

Tommy Got Hacked

My problem with this storyline is how much it doesn't make sense. Why would Vickie keep having 'Taker be in the main event? You stripped him of the title, by all rights, he could be out of the picture. She could of very easily just start SD by saying that the main event will be for the World Title with the top 2 challengers in the match. End of the night comes with Edge coming out first. The other number 1 contender is revealed to be someone like Funaki.

Have Vickie abuse her powers more, right now, she's not abusing them as much as she could be.

Tommy Got Hacked

Indy Talent

Status
    Eh, I'm kind of on the fence. It's good that it continues (drags out..) the storyline because I don't think there's much of a way to get a good one going in the two weeks between Judgment Day and One Night Stand. On the other hand, why would Vickie strip 'Taker of the title to have him automatically in the title match at the PPV? That isn't Vickie being a heel, that's Vickie being (to one extent or another) fair. If she wanted to screw the Undertaker she'd strip him of the belt and then make him start from the bottom back up. Have him curtain jerk against Funaki and stuff. Then when he's seemingly built himself back up with all his wins tell him he's not being dominant enough or some BS.
    Thriller Lizards!
    Credit: Crusade

Sweet Meat

Status
    Cena, I'd say Vickie is a good character now.

Onto the Vacated title, I wasn't a fan of the move when it first happened, but it being continued until One Night Stand makes sense. So I guess I'm a fan.

Edit: Also, Jim at least for JD Vickie said before hand that she was under alot of pressure from the board so I assume that's why they are kayfabe putting him in the main event.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Thread Information