Thread: Do you like Vince as an on-air persona?

People's Champion

Status

Do you like Vince as an on-air persona?

As we all know, Vince is the owner of the WWE. Vince has made a big impact on WWE televisiion though since his announcer days. He is the boss, and has been in countless feuds with the likes of Austin, Hogan, Michaels and so on and so on.

So, do you like Vince as on-air persona, or do you think he should remain and work backstage?

Honestly, Vince plays his role better than anyone else could. He gets the crowd so worked up and his feuds are always the best thing going at that point in time. His matches are actually good too and can even steal the show.

I like when Vince will apear for a certain time of the year to do a certain job/feud and then he'll leave. His presence wouldn't be as fresh as if he was out on television every single week. I still look forward to Vince's future on the television and the possible feuds he may be apart of in the future.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States
    I actually loved him as an announcer. And feuds he has done are all epic. He should keep doing that. He is a pure genius.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Mid-Card Champion

Status
    I love his feuds most of the time. I loved Austin, DX and Hogan. Lashley not so much, but it's still entertaining. If he was a regular then I wouldn't like him as much, but when that music hits you just know that it will most likely be an epic promo.

Formerly known as ιlιlι.CENA.ιlιlι.
    PY Prediction - Jeff Hardy will win.

WAKE UP

Status
    Vince is the ultimate heel. Everyone hates their boss, and he is the perfect play-off of that. He has everything you want, the money, the power, the women shifty, the control and theres nothing you can do about it, and he isn't afraid to rub it in your face.

Vince is probably the most natural mic worker in the business right now, as long as his rants aren't pointless and waste a lot of time, I have zero problem with him on tv.

Superhero Sellout

Status
      Country                    au=Australia
    He is a genius. He knows how to get everyone to hate him, yet everyone is thankful for him in WWE. When he came out against Regal, everyone cheered, but the second he said that he doesn't give a damn about these fans they were booing him. Marketing genius.

AWESOM-O

Tommy Got Hacked
    Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickomichi Marufuji View Post
    I actually loved him as an announcer. And feuds he has done are all epic. He should keep doing that. He is a pure genius.

I agree with Nick. I used to like how he and Jesse Ventura or Bobby Heenan would get into it over a feud.

Kill Steve, as a Muta mark that may be the single greatest avitar in the history of ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickomichi Marufuji View Post
    Vince was such a terrible commentator. He only knew the name of a handful of holds and he was so repetitive. Every major match, there would be a few times he would say there was a 3 count and act surprise that the ref said it was only a 2 count. That got so annoying. He makes it hard to rewatch the old SNME's.

As an on air personality, I guess I'm in the minority when I say he gets extremely stale. He's been doing the same exact thing for 10 years now. He's tried to recaptured the Austin feud with many other men. Which really just makes for boring long interviews during a show.

When it comes to Vince, he's best when it's an one time deal. It feels fresh and he's extremely enjoyable.

I'm Tha Man!

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada
    Vince geting himself into matches with wrestlers was getting old for me, but I never got sick of the way he could get other wrestlers into matches and get certain wrestlers over by just being their manager of sorts. He's a great rivalry builder and I wouldn't mind seeing him back.

PS: Yeah Vince's commentary was bloody horrid, Macho Man was much much better >.>
    [
    I'll crash the plane that ****** n-gga B.O.B is in!

Indy Talent

Status
    Vince is good for the occasional appearance. Frankly, I'm getting a bit tired of the Vince shows, feuds with somebody and loses and mostly disappears for the rest of the year until the next time around.
    Thriller Lizards!
    Credit: Crusade

Sweet Meat

Status
    I agree he's quite stale. However his mic work is great and he always makes it feel like a bigger deal, at least to me, when he's on. In all honesty I wouldn't object to him returning, though I do think he should take some more time away from the public eye.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Indy Talent

Status
    Oh I'm not denying he's great and that under the right circumstances I wouldn't welcome him back but I think it's time for a change of pace.
    Thriller Lizards!
    Credit: Crusade

Sweet Meat

Status
    I personally would prefer Shane to return as a GM or an on-air persona. Just preference of course.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Internet Favorite

Status
    Vince is awesome, he plays the heel boss part perfectly, very entertaining.

Thread Information