Thread: Can Petey Williams save the X-Division?

People's Champion

Status

Can Petey Williams save the X-Division?

I doubt anyone would dissagree that the X Division is not as good as it used to be. The X Division made TNA different from the WWE, and was my favorite part of the show. The X Division has been on a decline though, but now that Petey Williams is the champ, will the division rise back up to the top?

I think Petey can accomplish more as champ than Lethal could. It is mostly due to the booking, but the X Division could easily be close to or as good as it used to be. Petey is a fresh new champ, and can get over with the crowd. The Black Machismo gimmick got stale for me, and gimmicks like that kind of ruin the meaning of the X Division Title.

Petey is over with the crowd, and his finisher is a huge plus for him. They need to put him in a feud with Kaz, and let them have some amazing matches with eachother. A better X Division would help TNA out so much. I just really hope they get rid of the Petey/Steiner storyline, because it will just turn into another Black Machismo thing. Keep the X Division guys gimmicks simple, and let them wrestle.

I'm Tha Man!

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada
    Its a two way street. Petey can hold onto the title, defend it against Kaz & retain, but then what? There is nothing else in the X division but joke characters for the most part. Who's he going to face, Macho man, Shark Boy Steve Austin, Curryman, Super Erick!? TNA would have to break up the Rock & Rave Infection, LAX and MMG as tag teams just to create credible opponents for Petey.
    [
    I'll crash the plane that ****** n-gga B.O.B is in!

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    us=United States
    I wanna see some Petey and AJ Styles. They always put on a hell of a show. Or have Petey/Sabin/Shelley be the new Daniels/Joe/Styles. TBH Lethal did nothing for me as Champ and left me with no matches to remember.

(Cause you all love me...lol)

Sweet Meat

Status
    Well, now that he is injured I guess Petey can't Save_Us. Hmmm =/

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    us=United States
    Quote Originally Posted by KenTheKiller View Post
    Well, now that he is injured I guess Petey can't Save_Us. Hmmm =/
    Shhhh Ken we don't need to go around and jinx him now. I'd hate to have to reach trough my computer and choke you now. LOL! But pfft he's Maple Leaf Muscle nothing a little black eye, ice and two weeks off won't hurt.

(Cause you all love me...lol)

Curtain Jerker

Status
    It´s a shame to hears that he´s been injured, but i´m sure his push will continue when he comes back. He´s one of those guys who´s been there nearly since the start, and he´s great both on the mic and in the ring.

Thread Information