Thread: Is Jimmy Jacobs irrating anyone else?

ಠ_ಠ

Status

Is Jimmy Jacobs irrating anyone else?

Am I the only person finding Jacob storylines a tad bit overkill? I mean maybe it's because I like to see things go down differently then they do in the WWE but everything he does just seems to much. I actually found myelf kinda hating the storyline plot of this Aries/Jacobs thing especially if they are thinking of adding this Lacey is "pregnant" deal. I just don't find it to be in ROH's deal or indies deal at all. I feel the AOTF are over the top aswell as Jimmy's storyline and everything about it just kinda turns me off of the product. At the s6th Anniversary show after the Aries/Go match, I thought the AOTF promo was just horrible. With the lights and everything......it just made ROH seem so stupid. I'm down with adding something a little bit extra to the product but honestly, it begins to become very and I mean very out there. PWG's Hero/Tornado feud has that little bit of extra but it doesn't feel like it is to out there. It doesn't feel like....I can't find the right word to describe it but it doesn't feel like some soup drama or some kinda of play. I hated when Jimmy found Lacey doing the dirty with Colt. The segment just came off bad and like it was some real horrible version of a soup drama tv show. I tell everyone that I know that how the indies or more specifly ROH is a whole different product then the one you see on TV but imagine how it looks when you get a more worse version then you would see on WWE or TNA. Jimmy has just fallen off with me and to the point I am starting to dislike him allot. Might be just me but I'm good with the regular storylines that aren't so out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

On Vacation

Status
    Nah, I kinda feel the same to be honest. I don't dislike Jacobs but the whole Age of the Fail thing just bores me senseless for some reason. I haven't cared about him since the feud with BJ ended and since then he's not done much to grab my interest. My dislike for his faction is probably the biggest factor though. Maybe if he were to go solo again and have a worthwhile feud with someone I'd get back into him.

Takes life. Seriously.

Status
    Soup drama? Do you mean Soap Drama?

Anyway, I think where they are going with Jimmy and Aries all depends. They can have some great matches and that's what I'm really looking forward to. When you get past all the twists and the turns it could be quite a great feud.

Now as far as Age of the Fall goes, I've always liked them for their wrestling talent. I'm a huge fan of Jimmy and Tyler's work so obviously that's why I enjoyed them. I also liked them because out of all the factions they have more of a mentality to there group. Although I think they are getting stale. I mean, Age of the Fall is just a group of wrestlers and nothing more. They are preaching this "message" that they might not even believe in. This could all just be a kayfabe thing, but then again maybe they really do believe in what they say. Otherwise the whole appeal of Age of the Fall isn't really my thing. I'm a Jacobs fan and Age of the Fall fan because of the matches they pull off and the promos they make. It never had anything to do with what they preached or were all about.

In this Aries/Jacobs feud if you ignore all the satire I'm sure you'll be able to see several fantastic matches come out of it and some original ideas. I personally loved it when Jacobs went crazy with the railroad spike. Not to mention Age of the Fall needs to get rid of Joey Matthews and Zach Gowen, they both suck!
    If you're reading this it means you're looking at a really old post, or I just recently posted again for some reason. Enjoy it!

ಠ_ಠ

Status
    I knew it was soap......honest >_>

I don't really mind them as wrestlers but their tag matches are just okay. I know this is one bad complaint but Tyler sells a little much. He was one of the main reasons I didn't like their match with the Briscoes because he killed the pace by taking all damn day to do something. Not saying a wrestler shouldn't sell but it was pretty obvious that Mark was not going to hit the cutthroat driver off the top after a good amount of time was wasted. You do raise a good point in saying that looking at them as wrestlers might change my view but they focus a little to much on outlandish stories than actual wrestling. Take Strong/Stevens for example...everyone loves the feud because it adds a imple storyline to it and the matches just get better & better. NRC are one of the stables that focus on wrestling instead of all that other shit(excuse me french) and really don't create such a weird feeling. It's easier for me to understand the group and focus on their talents when that's what they are aiming for. Jacobs has always been a fine wrestler aswell as Tyler but I really can't stand this group at all. Handicaps, homeless men, fired rock stars and two guys bitching about the liberty bell just turn me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

Thread Information