Thread: The Ultimate Thread

The Ultimate Thread

With his return to the ring in over a decade (I refuse to count his WCW run), it's about time that we talk about the man from Parts Unknown, The Ultimate Warrior.

When I first think of Warrior, I think underrated. Ever since Jim and Vince had their last falling out, Vince has been trying to discredit and make a mockery of Warrior and his success. First it was little things like having Jerry Brisco come out to his music mocking Warrior in 1998. Then a few years ago there was The Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior DVD. Say what you will about Warrior, but had they actually put effort into promoting his career instead of bashing it at every chance, that could of been one of the most successful WWE dvds ever. I do have to give credit to Chris Jericho and Christian for admitting the positives about Warrior's career that everyone else conveniently left off.

There was a time when Warrior was the most over wrestler in America. During the days of Hulkamania, no one even came close to Hogan's popularity. That is, until Warrior did around 1989. By time of their class WM match, Warrior was even more over. Vince has tried saying that people stopped caring about Warrior, however; unless my mind has changed past events, I seem to remember Warrior getting major cheers in 1996 and even a little in the terribly booked 1998 in WCW.

As far as matches go, Warrior is another guy like The Road Warriors, Goldberg and early Undertaker, who kept the match short and just beat his opponent up for the length of the match. For a guy who's so "Terrible" he's had a lot of really good matches. His WM matches with Rick Rude, Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage were all MOTN contenders. I would say he easily wins the latter 2. Other opponents he had really good matches with would include Mr Perfect, Tully Blanchard and The Undertaker.

Although the man behind the paint has been shown as a racist, homophobic, ect, when he does have the paint on, he's one of the true legends of the squared ring.

WAKE UP

Status
    Can't honestly say I've seen much of him. I'll take your word on him being underated though, on the one hand I saw some of his WCW work which was just terrible in my opinion, but then again I did quite enjoy his Wresltemania match with Hogan.

Don't even bother with his WCW run. That was just such a terrible storyline with Hogan being the only one who could see Warrior at times and Brutus becoming hypnotized into joining the OWN after being kidnapped.

If you want to see Warrior at his best, watch either his Randy Savage or Rick Rude feud.

WAKE UP

Status
    Yeah, the war games match with him breaking through the cage to get to Hogan was pretty horrible imo. I've heard good stuff about his fued with Savage (not just from you) and I may look up some of it at some point. Can't say he's high on my priority list though .

Hell, his Randy match at WM is in my top 10 for all time Wrestlemania matches.

Tommy Got Hacked
    Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Superhero Sellout

Status
      Country                    au=Australia
    I watched his DVD, and I thought that they overly bashed him on the footage shown. He didn't need a tremendous move set, he just wasn't that type of guy. I watched his match against Rick Rude at SS 1990? and I thought it was a great match. I think the Savage match was on there too. And the Honky Tonk man one was pretty cool for being a 30 second squash lol.

AWESOM-O

Thread Information