Thread: Did Samoa Joe deserve better?

Tommy Got Hacked

Did Samoa Joe deserve better?

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Sweet Meat

Status
    I agree completely. I expect Suffy, Dmac, DOE, etc. to disagree and feel the add of the MMA style was brilliant or something, but as a non-avid MMA viewer, it cheapened the win. Yes, MMA is cool and great. I like watching it on occasion. But this is professional wrestling which is much more about theatrics than actual fighting. Even more so, it looked bad in my mind, a worked MMA match.

Also the time thing is brought up. Everyone knew he was going to win it. I am happy but did I mark like a motherfucker? No. Would I have a year ago or six months ago? Definitely. Between losing interest in the TNA product as a whole, I lost major interest in Joe becoming the champion.

And lastly, the quality of the match was bad. As Tom said, I want a classic match. Don't get me wrong, it was GOOD. But the main event of the second biggest PPV in your company shouldn't be good. It should be great. On top of that, it was boring for the first half (or so I'm told, I only watched the second half) and even that was OK. The cage isn't an issue to me, but the style and dullness of the match hurt it dramatically.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

People's Champion

Status
    Bound for Glory is way too far way though. It was obvious that Joe was the only man who could beat Angle for the title this time around. I couldn't see Angle getting a year long title reign. Him winning at Lockdown will also get Angle out of the title scene so hopefully he can start a program with AJ.

I get what your saying with the MMA style match. Their are cons too, but their are pro's also. Like you said, Joe beat Angle in his type of match. I think that is a huge deal and it puts Joe over even more. He didn't just beat Angle for the World Title, but he beat Angle in his own game. It shows that he is a serious threat, and his title reign can be even stronger.
    I haven't seen the match, but I heard that it was great. Definetly above descent. The Angle/Joe feud has gone on and off for over a year and Joe goes over. Angle broke Joe's undefeated streak, and Joe took the title away from him. The two have had great matches with eachother, and from what I've heard, it seems like the match served him justice.

Tommy Got Hacked

Sweet Meat

Status
    Since when is MMA Kurt Angle's type of match?

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Tommy Got Hacked

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    nl=Netherlands
    When the Angle-Joe match was up at LockDown it was a completly different kind of energy in the arena and it was also a completly different match, it was kinda like a scripted MMA match but with pro wrestling moves, or like a shoot match as some say. Well I think that was really cool and it looked more important. Too bad there was the stipulation of Joe wins or leaves TNA, because that was pretty much a spoiler. Anyhow it is cool that Samoa Joe won the belt and he has stated in interviews that it is okay that he won it now and not sooner because sooner he wasn't that much of a 'character' yet and he has developped that in the last year and all that I am sure you've read it too soooo.. Sure TNA could do another Joe vs Angle match like they did a year ago but they're trying new things and aren't afraid to try it with their main event, it seems this one's got a mixed reaction so we'll see if they will do it again.

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    England
    The timing was right off the ball with this, there really isn't a better place at winning the title at the company's grandest PPV of the year in the main event, it shows this is what the company is all about, and if Joe was to win it then, it would just embellish how serious TNA is on Joe being the corderstone of the company, and would prove he's better than anyone else on the roster, and to go over Angle, would make him just immensly over.

Aside from the timing, there is a positive of Joe winning the World title. You have all the stacks against him, the fact that his life depends on this one match, where he goes against the devil himself, at his own game (MMA), the vignettes leading up to the bout couldn't have been any more epic, you have Joe, the underdog, going through all this intense training, the buildup to the bout was just fantastic, the storyline behind was Samoa Joe being sick of the politics, and just going out there and proving to the world he rightfully deserves his top spot. The match itself wasn't that great for its first half, but things picked up near the end, and it turned out to be a very good match to say the least.

Though a win at Bound for Glory would have been better, the fact that all this stuff has happened in between, the long hype, has in fact, helped him, as finally Joe gets the gold, with the politics of the recent months it shows he's above it all and kayfably clearly the best on the roster.

Thread Information