Thread: Jimmy Jacobs - An Evolution

Heel Champion

Status

Jimmy Jacobs - An Evolution

Some call Jimmy nothing more than a Raven rip off, as others call him the Raven of our generation. Some rip on Jimmy for not being the most technically sound in the ring, or his lack of size takes away from his matches. There are those like myself who appreciate Jimmy and what he brings to the table which each promo, and how he tells a story in the ring. But, within all of this..we have seen an evolution of sorts in his character.

Jimmy started off as a 19 Year old Kid in Ring of Honor, and what could be considered a Joke. When I first saw him, I didn't think much of him since I never gave him a chance until I saw one of his matches. That match was his match with Alex Shelley at Joe vs Punk II that showed that he was more than just some kid who was being booked in which would become the top Independent promotion. While watching that match, we saw something Jimmy would bring with him throughout each feud, and each match...Emotion. Some wonder why I think of Jimmy on such a high level and the reason why is not because of this match, it's because he is easy to relate to and brings an emotion to his matches that we can connect to. I'm not saying others don't bring emotion into matches, because oh do people do - Nigel/Aries from Rising Above or Nigel/Dragon from the Sixth Anniversary Show.

As Jimmy got older, and lived another year...He became more mature and infatuated with the women which is still by him to this day, Lacey. Jimmy and BJ lost the Tag Titles to the Carnage Crew, but later on lost them to Sal Rinauro and Tony Mamaluke. While, they still stayed together as a team..that would slowly change. BJ, Who Jimmy considered a Big Brother turned on him due to him starting to fall for the Manager of Lacey's Angel..Lacey. BJ, almost killed Jimmy in the infamous Powerbomb slip off the top turnbuckle at Dragon Gate Challenge and that was only a beginning. Than, at In Your Face BJ almost once again..put an end to Jimmy's Career and powerbomb'd him into the crowd. As BJ was serious throughout the feud, Jimmy was confused on why somebody he loved and considered a big brother turned his back on him. Jimmy's attention on Lacey made BJ jealous, as he was not getting the attention and this led to in my opinion, one of the best and most personal feuds in Ring of Honor. This feud would go onto for a year, and came to a conclusion at Supercard of Honor 2 in one of the most brutal, emotional, and passionate matches in years...Jimmy vs Whitmer in a Steel Cage. As Jimmy defeated Whitmer, he would put himself on the shelf as he tore his ACL and lost one of his front tooth.

Than, Jimmy's Love Lacey was caught "cheating" on him with Colt Cabana which would lead to another blood filled and hatred feud in Ring of Honor, which one again...excelled in emotions. Throughout this time period, Jimmy began his "Kiss 2 Kill" character as even before this feud, we saw the start of the "Emo" Jimmy. It was this era of Jimmy that got me hooked to him, made me crave Jimmy Promos, as I..was also chasing a women and I felt exactly like Jimmy as the girl was my Lacey. I would sooth my hears to "Ballad of Lacey" and when we finally broke up....I listened to Kiss 2 Kill and just let myself fall down. So, once again...I related to Jimmy. As Lacey kept demanding Jimmy to win, Colt saw what she was doing to him, and told her live...She was a total bitch and enjoyed messing with his emotions. To keep this kind of shorter, it ended in a Windy City Deathmatch where Lacey wanted Jimmy to kill Cabana....She was close, but they came up on the short end as Lacey was hit with a Colt 45 and Colt threw Lacey on top of Jimmy and got the win.

........Jimmy than proceed would return to Ring of Honor at Caged Rage. Which I attended, and by god...I marked like a little girl for him. Even more than Danielson, which was shocking. When Jimmy gave me a high five, my day was made and I felt like I made it into ROH Heaven. Jimmy can in as a face, and was put over against Titus and Franklin, two ROH Students. ....This wouldn't like this.

....Project 161 came along. Blogs with mysterious messages, interrupting shows saying that Ring of Honor would never be the same again. At Man UP, we saw Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black, and Necro Butcher attack the Briscoes after a classic battle with Kevin Steen and El Generico. Jimmy would proceed to hang Jay above his head, as blood came dripping from his head onto Jimmy and saying Drunks like the Briscoes shouldn't be in power, but were groomed by the fans and Ring of Honor, and that while he was chasing love for Lacey's Love...He felt nothing. It was more so lust. and yet again I related to Jimmy and thought about my relationship with the ex girlfriend...

This would become The Age of the Fall.

Jimmy started off as a 19 Year old Kid, and matured into a 24 year old man who believes in something, believes in a purpose..

and I quote from Jimmy.."Life is meaningless without a purpose".

If I forgot something, or got something out of order...please inform me but I think I got everything down.

Enjoy.

I wrote this at another forum.

Sand in the potato salad.

Status
    great read man, I'm just waiting for the multiple "ONOEZ U ROHBOT JAC0BZ MARK!@!!1" replies..

Pleasure Rinsable

Status
    ONOEZ U ROHBOT JAC0BZ MARK!@!!1

Chur pretty obsessed wiff this guy d00d.

Sand in the potato salad.

Status
    while this may be off topic(Zach,dont act you like mind,cause I know you don't), Joel, everything in and around your sig is wonderful

Heel Champion

Status
    Why don't you publish this on WS.Net Tooey?

Thread Information