Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tweener

I'm Tha Man!

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

Tweener

What is a tweener? Wikipedia describes it as someone who gets booed or boo'd despite their actions. However, I don't think a wrestling company sets out to make a wrestler do a horrible actions and get cheered. (or vice versa) Therefore wrestling wise, I don't think there is such a thing a tweener, you're either a heel or a face based on your actions in the ring and in storylines. The fans reaction to a wrestler may cause creative to create a heel or face turn depending on the response, but a tweener is a non existent wrestling alignment in my opinion.

Here's your chance give me your definition of a tweener.
    [
    I'll crash the plane that ****** n-gga B.O.B is in!

Champions.

Status
      Country                    England
    Not at all, it's like Regal, he plays a tweener role, sometimes he is face sometimes he is heel, never consistently just one.

Tommy Got Hacked
    Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Main Eventer

Status
    A tweener is basically what Y2J is being booked doing. Teasing tension between Tista and HBK. Last week on Raw with HBK, he played a tweener. Spoiler alert:

Spoiler:

This week on Smackdown! Batista lays Jericho out

Thats one form of a tweener. Another is Eddie G's lying cheating and stealing ways. Obvious heel actions, but the fans loved it.

I'm Tha Man!

Status
    Is Jericho creating tension between Batista and HBK really playing the part of a tweener? I believe its the start of his heel turn. If you consider that a tweener, than Brian Kendrick is a tweener because he walked out on London in their match with Umaga.

If you classify Eddie as a tweener then Cryme Tyme are tweeners as well. They promote a criminal offense and sometimes cheat to win, but still get cheered.
    [

Tommy Got Hacked

I'm Tha Man!

Status
    Did Jericho not come back and feud with Orton, then JBL? Thats two of the biggest heel on Raw. Then his heel turn started with Jeff Hardy and carried on from there. I still say Jericho is turning heel.

Eddie had light hearted cheating much like Cryme Tyme.
    [

Tommy Got Hacked

I'm Tha Man!

Status
    So you're pretty much saying that a tweener is the transition from a face to a heel or vice versa? I guess that makes sense, but then when I make a thread about someone turning and whether its a good idea, some random person comes in and say keep them tweener. Therefore, they want to keep a wrestler in a transitional stage.
    [

Tommy Got Hacked

WAKE UP

Status
    Personally I think the whole concept of a tweener is a myth. It is always possible to tell who is a face and who is a heel by watching their matches.

Tommy Got Hacked

i'm all kinds of awesome.

Status
    So what is Chris Jericho then? He's not a face, but he's not a full blown heel either. He does face tactics in a match and then ends it with a heel tactic....

Yes, I have a GIF of two women kissing.
    Yes, it's hot. Yes it's Megan Fox kissing another woman from Jennifer's Body. Yes, it's hot... owait, I already said that. Yes, I'm aware this makes me sound like a total lesbian. But this scene? UNF.

I'm Tha Man!

Status
    Then you should be the biggest fan of TNA on this site. Around 70% of their roster are tweeners.
    '

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    So what is Chris Jericho then? He's not a face, but he's not a full blown heel either. He does face tactics in a match and then ends it with a heel tactic....
    What are face tactics?
    [

Tommy Got Hacked

i'm all kinds of awesome.

Status
    He wrestles like a face for the most part. Like he doesn't poke the eyes or use the ropes or he waits until 4 and 3/4 to break a submission by the ropes etc etc...

He was a face in a match on RAW last week wrestling as the good guy. Then at the end, he used the ropes as leverage to get the pinfall.

Yes, I have a GIF of two women kissing.
    Yes, it's hot. Yes it's Megan Fox kissing another woman from Jennifer's Body. Yes, it's hot... owait, I already said that. Yes, I'm aware this makes me sound like a total lesbian. But this scene? UNF.

WAKE UP

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rated[R]Superstar View Post
    Just because someone works a match like a heel does not mean they are. A tweener to me is just someone who is not easily recognisable as a heel or face by their actions. It is about blurring the boundaries I guess. I would rather have 'tweeners' used more often rather than 'do no wrong faces' for example. Sometimes it is good to let the fans decide who to cheer. That is what being a tweener is about, to me anyway.

If someone works heel for a match, then they are a heel for that time. Thats what I'm kinda getting at. Overall you may get people who float between the two alignments, but when it comes to individual moments and matches, its always possible to distiguish wether they are working heel or face.

Tommy Got Hacked

I'm Tha Man!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    He wrestles like a face for the most part. Like he doesn't poke the eyes or use the ropes or he waits until 4 and 3/4 to break a submission by the ropes etc etc...

He was a face in a match on RAW last week wrestling as the good guy. Then at the end, he used the ropes as leverage to get the pinfall.
    Umaga doesnt poke people in the eyes, low blow anyone or hold on to a submission to the count of 4. Does this mean Umaga wrestles as a face?
    [

WAKE UP

Status
    No Tom. A person who floats between face and heel regularly is someone who is booked poorly, not a tweener.

Give me some example of these people who supposedly change from face to heel or vice versa during promos or fueds and I will see if I can show you what I mean.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information