Thread: ROH - April 17th Newswire

On Vacation

Status

ROH - April 17th Newswire

April 17th: Tomorrow (Friday) ROH will finally return to the Michigan State Fairgrounds & Expo Center on 1120 W. State Fair Ave. in Detroit, MI with a zip code of 48203. Belltime is 8pm and there will be tickets available at the door. The new ROH Video Wire is out at Ring of Honor Video and it has been revealed that Claudio Castagnoli will team with Nigel McGuinness vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico tomorrow night in Detroit. Nigel is looking for Claudio to prove something to him if Claudio wants a World Title shot. Steen & Generico want revenge on McGuinness after last weekend (see what happened in the ROH Video Wire). There is also a growing rivalry between Castagnoli and Generico. This could be a main event of any show. Tomorrow night is so loaded that this is one of three tag main events for "Tag Wars 2008" in Motown.

April 17th: It is always a big event when ROH returns to the Frontier Fieldhouse on 9807 Sayre Ave. in Chicago Ridge, IL with a zip code of 60415. There will be tickets on sale at the door and belltime is 7:30pm. We aren't going to give you a big sales pitch. Instead, just look at the top five matches. They speak for themselves: Nigel McGuinness vs. Kevin Steen for the ROH World Title; Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin in the rematch one year in the making; Kota Ibushi in his final ROH appearance vs. El Generico; Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black & Joey Matthews vs. Jack Evans, Ruckus & Jigsaw; Chris Hero with Larry Sweeney vs. Delirious. Get your tickets at the door to witness these contests and much more this Saturday in Chicago.

April 17th: There will be a big announcement on the main page of www.ROHwrestling.com this Sunday.

April 17th: There is plenty of FREE stuff to watch and read about ROH on the internet. Make sure to check out all this before the weekend:
    -The new ROH Video Wire is up at Ring of Honor Video with highlights from Boston and Edison including clips of Steen vs. McGuinness, Kota Ibushi hitting some spectacular stuff, exclusive locker room promo with McGuinness and Castagnoli plus more with The Briscoes and others.
    -Go to ageofthefallageofthefallageofthefall for a new blog and a video promo from Jimmy Jacobs talking about this Friday's match vs. Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin and more including Lacey.
    -Larry Sweeney has a new message on his office voicemail and there is an article on Sweet & Sour Inc. getting serious on the main page of ROHwrestling.com.
    -There are three new articles on the main page of www.ROHwrestling.com including an in depth look at The Briscoes vs. Motor City Machine Guns this Saturday in Chicago.

April 17th: The buy 3, get 1 FREE ROH DVD sale will be in effect at the live events in Detroit and Chicago. The Big 10 Sale at www.ROHwrestling.com has been extended until Sunday and now includes $10 tix for the 5/9 Virginia debut. New DVD releases this weekend and at the live shows and ROHwrestling.com include ROH "Double Feature" from Dover, NJ on 3/14 & 15. You will get two big cards on one DVD!!! Check out 14 matches including Bryan Danielson & Austin Aries vs. Nigel McGuinness & Go Shiozaki, Danielson & Aries vs. Ruckus & Jigsaw, four qualifying matches for the PPV Four Corner Survival plus lots more. Also out this weekend is FIP "Heatstroke 2007 Night 2" with Davey Richards vs. The Necro Butcher in a wild No DQ Match, Roderick Strong vs. Delirious, Briscoes vs. Tyler Black & Trik Davis plus more!!! Don't forget to check the main page of www.ROHwrestling.com to read about 110 ROH DVDs that will be available for just $10 each until Sunday.

April 17th: Ok, we know you've waited long enough. The first three matches for the 5/10 Hammerstein Ballroom debut in Manhattan will now be announced. GHC Heavyweight Champion Takeshi Morishima and Bryan Danielson were given a chance to pick each other's poison. They have selected each other's opponents for the card. Morishima has decided to match Danielson up against a man that has held every title in NOAH. It will be Danielson vs. Naomichi Marufuji in a battle of two of the best that ROH and NOAH has to offer. These two met in 2005 at ROH's "Final Battle 2005" event, but they have each matured and gotten so much better. This one has the makings of a classic.

April 17th: Danielson has gone a different route with Morishima's opponent. He wants someone that can beat Morishima up. 5/10 in NYC will see a first time ever battle of the brawlers as Takeshi Morishima fights The Necro Butcher. OUCH!

April 17th: Danielson vs. Marufuji and Morishima vs. Necro already bring two unique, different matches to 5/10 in Manhattan. Now one of ROH's hottest feuds will come to the Hammerstein Ballroom, but with a different twist. Just signed for 5/10 is FIP World Heavyweight Champion Roderick Strong vs. Erick Stevens vs. Go Shiozaki. Since either Strong or Stevens will walk into the Hammerstein as FIP Champion after their 4/26 Crystal River, FL match, the FIP Title will be on the line in this one fall three way. This show already has the largest advance of any event in ROH history so you know you have to be there. Don't delay and get your tickets now at ROHwrestling.com or by calling 215-781-2500.
    April 17th: One more contest has been signed to round out tomorrow's event in Detroit. Adam Pearce will take on Silas Young. If Young can win he will earn a spot in ROH. Pearce is looking to get momentum going.

April 17th: Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin are ready for the weekend of their lives tomorrow in Detroit and Saturday in Chicago. There will be no limits when they collide with Age Of The Fall and The Briscoes. Get your tickets at the door on each night to witness tag team wrestling at its best!!! In the meantime check out the new ROH Video Wire at ROHvideos.com, the blog and Jacobs' video promo at AgeOfTheFall.com and all the new articles on the main page of ROHwrestling.com. We'll see you in Detroit and Chicago!!!
    I thought it they'd end up booking Marufuji/Dragon II. I can't say I'm anything but pleased because it should be fantastic. Marufuji is so much better than he was when their first match took place and that was already great. Necro/Morishima should be a really good brawl as well, although Necro getting killed is inevitable. The Hammerstein show looks like it'll turn out as good as it needs to be.

WAKE UP

Status
    Sorry, but they are giving Morishima's first ROH match as GHC champ to Necro Butcher?

Bit of a failure decision there.

On Vacation

Status
    Not really, it's not like the title is on the line. He's beaten pretty much everyone that there is to beat anyway. Plus, Dragon will eventually win the feud so they can't really have it end while Morishima is the GHC champion, as great as it would be, and risk making him look weak as a result. This way Morishima can absolutely destroy Necro, which we all know is the most likely scenario, and continue to establish himself as a major threat to Dragon before their inevitable blow off match. It makes sense, Dragon wants Morishima beaten up and Necro is a crazy bitch that'll try to do just that.

WAKE UP

Status
    Thats lovely and all, but this is the Hammerstein Ballroom and they should really be trying to put on the best show they can. A glorified squash match sounds pretty poor compared to other potential matches they could have booked.

Last Real Man Hype

Status
    Necro/Mori could be a really great brawl if you ask me. Glorified squash match or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

On Vacation

Status
    It might not be a glorified squash though. You really don't think highly enough of Necro in these kind of matches to be honest. He's more than capable of having a great brawl with Morishima. I think you let your dislike for him cloud your judgement at times, but wutevir.

WAKE UP

Status
    Actually I've started to warm to Necro as of late, he has a great energy to him. I'm not saying it'll be a bad match, just that from a booking point of veiw its very weak. You have the holder of the GHC title, arguably the top title in Japan and maybe even the world, against a guy who is striving to earn a shot at the FIP title. And this is for their biggest show to date.

On Vacation

Status
    It makes sense from a booking point of view though. Like I said, Dragon is trying to pick someone that he thinks can do Morishima damage. So he picks Necro who's fucking mad and will throw everything he has at 'Shima.

Who's left on the roster that could make that goal seem achievable apart from Necro? There's, like, nobody left for him to face.

WAKE UP

Status
    In my opinion it would make sense for Dragon to pick someone like Claudio or even Albright who has come close to beating Morishima and has shown they can push him to the limits rather than to pick someone who is struggling to win the mid-card title.

On Vacation

Status
    Pick Claudio who's being built up to challenge Nigel for the title at the Hammerstein, amirite? It's not about almost beating Morishima anyway, it's about hurting him. Pretty sure Dragon doesn't care who wins or comes close to winning the match. It makes more sense to have someone who can dish out pain and punishment face Mori, rather than someone who's tried before and failed.

WAKE UP

Status
    And yet, it's still the GHC champ vs some low-mid card guy at the company's biggest show....

ಠ_ಠ

Status
    Smart choice would of been Low-ki and smarter choice(Or one that I would of liked) would have Richards against Danielson. Necro has gotten murdered by Danielson and I heard their ROH match was 3 minutes. What sense is that and considering people like Steen, Strong, Delirious, & others have kicked his ass, that's really not at all a smart decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

Last Real Man Hype

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Capone View Post
    Smart choice would of been Low-ki and smarter choice(Or one that I would of liked) would have Richards against Danielson. Necro has gotten murdered by Danielson and I heard their ROH match was 3 minutes. What sense is that and considering people like Steen, Strong, Delirious, & others have kicked his ass, that's really not at all a smart decision.
    Lawl, notrly. More like just over 10 to 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

WAKE UP

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Capone View Post
    Especially after Steen schooled Necro in the last man standing match.

On Vacation

Status
    Morishima already beat Steen as well though. There's a lack of legitimate challengers for Morishima. Necro is like the only guy left who Morishima hasn't already crushed who you can look at and say, ''ok, this guy might be able to withstand what 'Shima can throw at him and keep getting back up.'' Putting guys like Davey and Delirious in there with Morishima would be a joke. You can't look at them and think they could take anything Morishima can dish out.

Low Ki isn't a smart choice since he's not even an option and having Richards against Dragon instead of Marufuji would be stupid as well in my eyes. I don't know why anyone would think that'd turn out better than a Dragon/'Fuji rematch. >_>

ಠ_ಠ

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulz0 View Post
    Morishima already beat Steen as well though. There's a lack of legitimate challengers for Morishima. Necro is like the only guy left who Morishima hasn't already crushed who you can look at and say, ''ok, this guy might be able to withstand what 'Shima can throw at him and keep getting back up.'' Putting guys like Davey and Delirious in there with Morishima would be a joke. You can't look at them and think they could take anything Morishima can dish out.

Low Ki isn't a smart choice since he's not even an option and having Richards against Dragon instead of Marufuji would be stupid as well in my eyes. I don't know why anyone would think that'd turn out better than a Dragon/'Fuji rematch. >_>
    Necro gets beat silly by everyone on the roster though. It's not like picking a Albright(Who got screwed) or a Davey Richards(Who never faced Shima and was able to withstand the choke more then the Shima) but a guy that is everyones bitch. Honestly, the only person Necro has defeated is Strong and that was because of the help of Stevens. Anyone but Necro would of been a smart choice.

Davey Richards/Bryan Danielson would be much better then a Marafuji/Danielson match surely. Stop underestimating the awesomeness of Davey Richards plz
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

WAKE UP

Status
    Awww, you ruined a good post by saying Davey is in Marufuji's league. T.T

Thread Information