Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Do "Haters" Still Watch TNA? Hope.

Sweet Meat

Status

Why Do "Haters" Still Watch TNA? Hope.

So I was watching youtube and I came across a video. It was by the youtuber known as MoralVirus. He was responding to another youtuber who said that if fans don't like it, why watch it?

Now before I show the video, I want to give my views. I for one, still consider myself a fan of TNA. They have an amazing roster and have sooo much potential. I have been a TNA fan since 2004. I have seen the very best of TNA and the very worst. I ordered the PPV where Christian debuted in TNA. I ordered the PPV Booker T debuted in TNA. I ordered the epic triple threat match in 05 a week after in came out once I heard how great it was. However for the past year or so, the shows in my opinion have been complete and utter shit. Until recently, there was near no good in TNA's shows at all. They pushed the wrong people, they hired the wrong guys, they fired good talent, and they didn't use their talent properly.

The first thing people said was, when TNA gets two hours they would be epic. Well they've had two hours for a long time. One show out of every 8 or so that I watch I enjoy fully or don't flip through the channels. DISCLAIMER: Before you go calling me a WWE mark for this, remember something. I have watched TNA for four years. I have watched WWE my entire life. I watched WCW. I watched some ECW (but it closed while I was still fairly young and was on late), I watch ROH PPVs. I watch anything I can pretty much. NWA, AWA, WWE, WWF, ECW, WCW, WCCW, WWWF, TNA, ROH, CZW, PWG, etc. I am a WRESTLING fan. I enjoy wrestling. Now back to what I was saying. I get BORED during TNA. For someone who is as big of a wrestling fan as I am, that shouldn't be happening. Yet I get bored through it. TNA were fucking up every time I turned around. Angle's debut killed Joe's momentum. Booker's debut resulted in a shit feud with Robert Roode that lasted wayyy too long. Super Eric? Need I say more about that? Black Reign and Rellik (Rellik is Killer backwards? You tell me every fucking broadcast) Sting defeating Christopher Daniels in fucking 5-7 minutes in ONE match (not to mention then jobbing him out and eventually firing him making him Curry Man), Stone Cold Shark Boy, a fucking guru? (Notice I didn't complain about Jay Lethal, because it works for him. Notice I didn't complain about other gimmicks that I think work? It's not TNA, it's what they do), they fucked up Judias so badly. They have never ending feuds that bore the life out of me (Eric Young and Robert Roode happened for how long?), and they just have sooo many flaws the show is hardly enjoyable.

However it seems the main flaw people had TNA was this: Not pushing homegrown talent. Meaning pushing guys who weren't big names in ECW, WCW, or WWE. Oh wait, Samoa Joe is TNA champion! DOn't get me wrong, that is fucking fantastic and I might buy the DVD just because of that, however their was NO excitement in him winning. Everybody knew he was going to win sooner or later, but time and time again he would be screwed out of the win to the point nobody cares. When he finally did win it, people thought "hey cool, finally Samoa Joe got his due". But did anybody jump for joy and mark the fuck out? No. Now I ask you, if he won a year ago, how many people would have then? I know I would have. I know several others would have.

Now to my main point: With all these issues within TNA that I have, why do I feel the need to watch it? HOPE. As I mentioned previously, I am a WRESTLING fan. I watch wrestling good, bad, or in between. However, TNA isn't like WWE's ECW. TNA isn't like CZW (no offense to CZW fans but every time I see a card I hate the roster). TNA has a fucking amazing roster. With athletes such as AJ Styles, Samoe Joe, Kaz, MCMG, LAX, Kurt Angle, Christian Cage, Jay Lethal, Sonjay Dutt, Abyss (WHO IS BEING DEMASKED?!), TNA probably has the best roster in professional wrestling today. With that said, I tune in week in and week out (more so before, as I don't watch every week anymore) and am disappointed each time. And again, I continue to watch. I watch because I know TNA can have great shows. I rented Bound For Glory last year and it fucking excelled. I watched TNA during 2004-2006 when every fucking show sucked me in more and more.

I kind of rambled and cluserfucked my statements but the point is, I watch TNA because of three reasons:

1. I love wrestling
    2. They have an amazing roster.
    3. And most importantly, I have high hopes for them. I know they have the potential to be the best company in the world, so I get angry when they aren't. I am truly passionate about TNA whether TNA fanboys like to admit it or not. I simply want them to excel and there is no logical reason as to why they cannot.

Note: There is quite abit of inappropriate references and language in this video. Watch by your own will.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbaC5u7L7CM

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Last Real Man Hype

Status
    *skims thru post*

Well, I'm a "hat0r!!! burn him~!" and I still don't watch TNA. Only certain matches from before 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Sweet Meat

Status
    Did I post too much or do people just not care?

And I still believe TNA has potential to be amazing.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Every company (If it's been around long enough) has had some down periods. However, they rarely last forever. If a fan totally walks away from being a TNA fan, when will they know that TNA has become good again? That was one of the biggest problems with WCW. They were actually putting on some quality shows in 2001, but it was too late.

I no longer watch every week like I used to, however; I do make an effort to watch a show every couple of months. Every time I watch, I hope that the company has changed. Perhaps one time, they will.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
    Same reason some people watch WWE to be honest.

I'm Tha Man!

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada
    I'd like to know just what a "hater" is. Anytime someone is critical of something they are suddenly labeled a "hater." People watch a certain show, in this case wrestling simply because it is wrestling. They may not like the current storyline or the way a certain wrestler is being used in the ring, but they still watch for the fact it is wrestling. There is always hope that the product will improve and in many cases, a hope of, a sign of improvement is enough to keep people watching at the darkest of times. However, there comes a point when someone can become so frustrated that they figure they'll just walk away and wash their hands of the product, but in most cases their constant driving hope makes them check in from time to time. Sometimes people just need a break from the product to realize the small steps of improvements being made.

Note: Didn't watch the video, I have no sound card
    [
    I'll crash the plane that ****** n-gga B.O.B is in!

Superhero Sellout

Status
      Country                    au=Australia
    Fuck watching Youtube.

TNA need to realize the talent that they have at their disposal. They have some world class wrestlers, but they are not used to their full capacity. They have AJ, Christian, Tomko, Storm, Sting, Morgan, Rhino, Joe, Booker and more who are all capable of main event wrestling. They have an excellent tag team division, with MCMG, LAX, Steiner & Williams, R&RI, Black Reign/Rellik, Kaz/EY, Curryman/Shark Boy, they have so much they can use. But they rely too much on Angle. No one man can carry a company, it takes a joined effort.

Like Ken, I will watch anything at least once. I will give it a go, and if I don't like it, fine, it's only 100MB wasted and 10 minutes gone. No problem. I will watch something like Melina/Ashley through to Storm/Harris at least once. I will give a company a go, like CZW, who have been said they suck because they aren't "proper" wrestling. Since when did wrestling have a definite style? I guess you could call NJPW not "proper" wrestler if WWE has it.

I quite enjoy TNA, I don't find it boring and I find it easier sometimes to watch than RAW or Smackdown or ECW. Giving Joe the title was a step in the right reaction, because Angle would have had to be under alot of stress basically carrying TNA along. Now please book Booker T in the main event, no more with Bobby Rhoode, it was a terrible feud and it's your chance to start over. Maybe a Joe/Booker feud now?

AWESOM-O

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by neXus View Post
    I'd like to know just what a "hater" is. Anytime someone is critical of something they are suddenly labeled a "hater."
    Anyone who doesn't agree with the Almighty All-Knowing Wrestling God Thomas is a Hater. Oh and they don't know anything about wrestling. Those are haters. Mainly people who expect more from something and tired of never getting it.

i'm all kinds of awesome.

Status
    Bringing personal grudges in the thread ftL

I think the question and the answer in the thread answers in itself. I do preferably watch TNA for the knockouts since it's quite ahead of WWE, but I do catch the other things hoping it'll be good enough to keep me interested. Regardless, I dislike TNA but I usually watch because I have hope.

Yes, I have a GIF of two women kissing.
    Yes, it's hot. Yes it's Megan Fox kissing another woman from Jennifer's Body. Yes, it's hot... owait, I already said that. Yes, I'm aware this makes me sound like a total lesbian. But this scene? UNF.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    Bringing personal grudges in the thread ftL
    To be fair. This is the only forum I've ever been called a hater on. In fact... Tom and Ken are the only ones to really call me a hater. So I think it's safe to say that my definition fits. Granted as far as I can tell it's just their rebuttal to me calling them fan boys. They accept mediocrity, I don't.

(No I'm not saying TNA is better before someone bends my words to make it seem like I said that)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan Superman View Post
    To be fair. This is the only forum I've ever been called a hater on. In fact... Tom and Ken are the only ones to really call me a hater. So I think it's safe to say that my definition fits. Granted as far as I can tell it's just their rebuttal to me calling them fan boys. They accept mediocrity, I don't.

(No I'm not saying TNA is better before someone bends my words to make it seem like I said that)

It'd be understandable if they called you a hater here in this very thread, but they didn't. But you took what NeX said and decided to bring it up when it wasn't needed.

Yes, it's hot. Yes it's Megan Fox kissing another woman from Jennifer's Body. Yes, it's hot... owait, I already said that. Yes, I'm aware this makes me sound like a total lesbian. But this scene? UNF.

Superhero Sellout

Status
    Can we please not start another argument?

AWESOM-O

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    It'd be understandable if they called you a hater here in this very thread, but they didn't. But you took what NeX said and decided to bring it up when it wasn't needed.
    I believe "haters" is the topic of the thread. It's been addressed from both ends of the spectrum now. There are people who don't like what TNA is doing and watch it for the hope it may get better. I merely pointed out that some people feel the same way about WWE. I also addressed the point that a lot of the people who call other people haters get called fanboys. I was confirming the basic point of what neXus stated that as soon as someone is critical of something they are labeled a hater. Most often by Thomas and/or Kenneth. It's no slight on them really just their style of defending their views. Also I'm pretty sure Thomas can handle good-natured ribbing. I think he's old enough to handle it himself . If it involved you I think it'd be more appropriate for you to respond to it. However you're the one continuing this unnecessarily since it has no effect nor does it even involve you. If Thomas wished to defend himself(Which he better) I will reply to him since it's involving him and not you.

Status
    Now you explain it that way, I understand the perspective. So I apologize. It just seemed like a rib in general when I first read it but after that, nevermind.

People's Champion

Status
    1 thing I have to say is, that hte booker T/Roode fued is not shit. Its actually pretty good, and its getting Roode hella over...although its his like 5th time getting hell over.

If I Ruled The World...

...Imagine That

Superhero Sellout

Status
    But what is it doing for Booker? The hype made it look like he would be challenging for titles, not getting someone over.

AWESOM-O

Tommy Got Hacked
    Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Established Veteran

Status
    Hope is what makes me cling on to WWE. I think the roles would be reversed in my case when it hopes to WWE and TNA. I believe TNA to be the superior product due to its risk taking in trying new things. Right now, TNA has no real identity and I think that may bother some people, but it absolutely enthralls me.

A lot of people don't like change or a lack of consistency and that's why they're drawn to the WWE product. WWE has found a working solution (sorta) to sustain itself. Rather than taking risks, WWE has found its comfort zone and pretty much haven't gotten out of it since the demise of WCW. And y'know, maybe that's the way to go. Why fix what isn't broken? You're getting ratings, you're still highly profitable, why take the risk?

WWE made plenty of risque moves before with outlandish angles and gimmicks cause they were feeling things out. I believe TNA is in that same process. I can't really truly compare TNA and WWE because they're in two totally different stages of development. I don't mean to turn this into a WWE VS. TNA thread, but I feel TNA is still in an experimental phase in establishing its own identity and with time, they'll find a formula that works. But in the mean time, just like I did with WWF/E during its evolution, I like what I see.

Heel Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizza View Post
    But what is it doing for Booker? The hype made it look like he would be challenging for titles, not getting someone over.
    What should Booker be doing? The guy has had a legimiate run in WWE and WCW, holding their World championships respectively, just becuase he's another former WWE star doesn't mean TNA should glue the title on him. Though I'm not really a fan of his feud with Robert Roode I wouldn't say it's 'shit', because like Dman said, it's getting him over.

As for the topic on hand. I watch TNA, and have been a fan of them since 2003, minus 2004 when I didn't watch wrestling as a whole (for the majority of the year), I really like the company, and would like them to suceed, but as a mark myself I find myself hating on the company. That's not because I 'hate' TNA, it's just becuase I don't want to see it go in a pointless direction.

Sweet Meat

Status
    First of all: Mike, I don't believe I called you a hater, I may have asked if you were or used an example but don't act as if I call people haters all the time. Your little beef with Tom and apparently me has NOTHING to do with this thread. This isn't about the WWE, this is about why people watch TNA. For you to bring up a discussion about a WWE thread is idiocy and unneeded and in my mind, just trying to cause more drama. Also, when Kizza said for you fellas to drop it and you continued I'm going to say this, next time one of you (Tom, Jas, Mike, etc.) continue it in here, you will be infracted as this is not the place. Thank you and moving on:

I use the term TNA "hater" because I believe it was Kid Charisma who called ME a hater because I laugh at some of the horrid things TNA do. The simple fact is, I am not a hater by any means. I just want them to succeed and some of the things they do really bother me because I really want them to succeed.

Although I said this isn't a WWE thread, I have to add something. I am called a WWE fan boy because I support the product and try to put a positive spin on things. However I believe I was one of the most critical on the incest angle, the illegitimate son angle, and the death angle. It's not as if I feel everything WWE do is great and everything other companies do is shit. I am a FAN OF WRESTLING and if I don't like something, I'll say it. I can do positive spins for TNA too.

When Judas Mesias backed down from Rhino, it was to make an established star look like a legitimate tough guy that even the toughest fear.

However that argument has little validity and the BAD outweight the good. Hence why I do not.

Spoiler:

Thread Information