Thread: James Storm

People's Champion

Status

James Storm

James Storm is and has been one of my favorite wrestlers in TNA. He has so much potential to be a great superstar, but has never really gotten a big chance in the main event. He tagged with Harris for the most part of his career in TNA. He's the TNA "Original" that should be pushed to the company and get the title reign.

I think if he were to go to WWE, he would become a huge star. He's good on the mic and he's a very good wrestler. He plays his character well and his feuds are interesting.

So what are your thoughts on Storm?

I'm Tha Man!

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada
    I really enjoy him, but when I look at him compared to the people who are currently known as the stars of TNA, I don't think he fits the look. Storm isn't all that tall, he doesn't have the amazing physical appearance, he isn't overly athletic, and really I think he is pretty much average in the ring. I'm sure that James Storm could be a corner stone of TNA, but I cant really see him ever making it to the top of the company and remaining a solid figure there. I think he will always hover around the mid to uper mid card ranks.

But fuck does he ever have a sweet gimmick!
    [
    I'll crash the plane that ****** n-gga B.O.B is in!

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    England
    I'm really a fan of James Storm, I'd always thought Harris to be the better of the two during their AMW stint, but James has really been interesting me since, he's really developed a good character and can play it well. He's decent in the ring, can pull off good matches in nearly every stipulation, and is a good brawler, not to mention he's entertaining on the mic. He definately has the tools to be a big star, but maybe reaching for the main event is a bit of an overstatement, like neXus said, he doesn't really have the look. That said, he's pretty much over with the fans so a possible main event run wouldn't be beyond reach.

Tommy Got Hacked
    Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Sweet Meat

Status
    The look?

Samoa Joe doesn't have the look then.

AJ Styles doesn't have the look either.

Hell, Christian and Angle don't have "the look". He has a similar build to Christian and is probably the same height as Angle. He has a solid look. How the hell someone can say he doesn't have the look, yet Samoa Joe is getting a top push is beyond me.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Superhero Sellout

Status
      Country                    au=Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Rated[R]Superstar View Post
    He is their next top heel in the making as far as I can see. I have been a huge fan of Storm for a while, and I think he is being booked quite badly, or at least was a few months ago when he was feuding with Eric Young (it might still be going on, I don't know).
    Before that, when his character was more serious, and he wasn't getting beaten by the village idiot, I thought his push was going very well. The Harris feud was great for both men, and produced one of TNA's best matches in a long time, and the Rhino feud really pushed his character to new heights, although it did tail off a bit at the end. For me, the booking of Storm sums up TNA's booking in many ways. They have potential to be something great, almost get it right, but then do something incredibly dumb and threaten to ruin it.
    Storm has a great look in my opinion. It is not the conventional look that say, WWE would want, but he has a very good look nonetheless and it really suits his character. A great gimmick, good ring skills and good mic skills. It is mainly his gimmick and character which interest me, but he does seem to be good in the ring, especially in brawls.
    Storm is now feuding pretty much in the main event, he is part of Team Tomko after smashing a bottle over Sting's head. I can't wait to see what happens next, because he is a good wrestler, not great but good, and is excellent at delivering promo's. He has an awesome gimmick that I love, and if they didn't have those WWE big names, I believe he could be feuding with AJ and Joe for the belt.

AWESOM-O

I'm Tha Man!

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by KenTheKiller View Post
    The look?

Samoa Joe doesn't have the look then.

AJ Styles doesn't have the look either.

Hell, Christian and Angle don't have "the look". He has a similar build to Christian and is probably the same height as Angle. He has a solid look. How the hell someone can say he doesn't have the look, yet Samoa Joe is getting a top push is beyond me.
    Samoa Joe doesnt have the look at all, but unlike Storm Joe is amazingly athletic for someone his size. He may be somewhat overrated on the mic, but because of his overall character the intense promos are what his character needs and he is able to deliver it.

No Cage does not have the look, and one could argue if TNA's roster wasnt so thin of big names when Christian arrived, he would have never had a run with the NWA title. Notice how since Angle, Booker, Steiner, and other big name stars have come/ returned to TNA, Cage hasnt had a run with the TNA title. In fact he spent much of his time in the mid card to upper mid card ranks. He is just now getting back into the main event scene.

Styles has not been TNA champion, and his character has been reduced to nothing more than Kurt Angles bitch.

Angle indeed has the look. He may be around 6'1, but he is extremely strong. He is probably the best technical wrestler TNA has. He's very athletic, and not afraid to go to the top rope. He has also spent the better part of the year doing great work on the mic and carrying the TNA brand.
    [
    I'll crash the plane that ****** n-gga B.O.B is in!

Tommy Got Hacked
    Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Thread Information