Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MVP Talks

Mid-Card Champion

Status

MVP Talks

Well seeing as how this is a really hot topic in the NBA, I say we start discussing it here. Now the top two canidates for MVP are obviously KG and CP3. Kobe and Lebron should not even be counted in this for obvious reasons. So lets start discussing

Mid-Card Champion

Status
    KG isn't most valuable to his team. Pierce and Allen would have a playoff caliber team w/o KG. Pierce is an MVP candidate more so than KG, because he led the team in the past before injuries.

My Top 4 from most to least likely

Kobe
    LeBron
    Antawn Jamison
    Pierce

Paul is overrated, just finds passes, I discussed him w/you already on aim celtics guy. And Jamison is so underrated, by himself, he's led this team to close games since the 06-07 playoffs and kept them in playoff contention. If he isn't the most valuable to his team then who is.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
    Yes Paul just finds passes, lets forget about the 21 points a game he averages and the fact he leads the league in steals with 2.6. So if you forget that and only look at his 11 assists a game then yes he only passes the ball.

Слава Україні!

Status
      Country                    Ukraine
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland's Finest View Post
    Paul is overrated, just finds passes.
    I'm done. Screw this argument.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
    KOBE AND LEBRON HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE CONSIDERED TO BE MVP CANDIDATES. The only reason as to why they are considered is because they put up ridiculous numbers. What has Lebron done to make his team better then last year? Nothing. Last year you guys had 50 wins, this year you only have 42 with about 6 more games left. The Lakers are only a better team this year because of Pau's addition. They were nothing or well would have been nothing without Gasol. KG and Chris Paul are the only ones that should be considered as MVP candidates. Possibly Pierce, but knowing him for a while, he hasn't had that much leadership for a team. I mean this year he has improved but over the years not much he can really do. And going back to Kobe for a second. When he scores 52 points and his team still loses, there is something wrong with that. He has no leadership what so ever, neither does Lebron. Brian Scalabrine has more leadership then both of them, and that is pathetic.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
    Whatever.

And Paul is overrated. Without Peja, Mo Pete, and Tyson and West to injuries like last year the team friggin sucks.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
    I really disagree with you Adam. Chris Paul is not overrated. I know where your coming from because I felt the same way. But watching him every game that I do, it is just phenomenal what he can do with a basketball in his hands. So I have to disagree with your statement.

Слава Україні!

Status
    Whatever.

And Paul is overrated. Without Peja, Mo Pete, and Tyson and West to injuries like last year the team friggin sucks.
    I'm pretty sure Kobe and LeBron need their mediocre teammates as well... Or can they just play 5 on 1 and win?

Paul still averaged 17.9 and 8.9 last year. And if you really know anything about basketball you know MOST PGs can't carry a team alone.

Guaranteed if Big Z Wallace West and Gibson went down the Cavs wouldn't be as good either.

Seriously stop sucking LeBron and Kobe's dicks... it's getting annoying.

Wrestling God

Status
    Whatever.

Obviously you know NOTHING about basketball. No one carries a team by themselves. Yeah they made lead them, but every superstar needs role players to score, play defense, rebound, get assists, etc. You get nowhere by yourself so of course they sucked with all of those players injured, considering Tyson was at the top of the league in rebounds at the time. If you look at it this year, Lebron and the Cavs have been playing horrible because they lost about 25 points of scoring with the departure of Drew Gooden and Larry Hughes. Until he got Gasol, Kobe got the Lakers nowhere. They haven't made it out of the first round since Shaq was there, which proves my point.

As for MVP, I say Paul. At the beginning of the year til about February, I had Lebron. He has stellar numbers in every category, but his team is failing. Paul on the other hand is calmly sitting at the top of the western conference. It would be Kobe's year if the lakers were at the top of the western conference instead of a game away from dropping to fifth place and out of the division lead. KG has missed games with injury, but the Celtics continued to perform at a very high level, showing they could survive without him. Same goes for Duncan.

Jobber

Status
    Paul. The guy has led the Hornets to a great season and he is the major reason. 21 points, 11 dimes, 2.5 steals. If the award doesn't go to him, Kobe will get it. The media is just in love with him and the Lakers now.

Thanks to Jev the Man!

Diamonds Are Forever!

I'm Tha Man!

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada
    Chris Paul should be the MVP by far. Is it just a coincidence that Tyson Chandler is putting up a career high in points this season, and David West was voted the Most Improved player last year! The ignorance of saying "Paul just passes the ball" is unbelievable. He plays like a young Isaiah Thomas. Paul is able to damn near average a double double night in and night out. He plays gritty defense, he is able to alter shots, steal the ball and set up fast breaks for his team. He makes his team mates around him better. Paul averages a pretty good total in ppg. He has single handedly taken a team that couldn't sell out and made the fans of New Orleans once again care about their team. Now the team averages close to a sell out every night. Paul has his team sitting at the top of the most competitive division in the NBA and on a nightly basis he goes up against the toughest point guards in the NBA. In his young career he can already be placed up with some of the best point guards in the NBA today, and its not just me comparing him with Thomas, its NBA analysts.
    [
    I'll crash the plane that ****** n-gga B.O.B is in!

More like Hall of Lamer

Status
    Im sorry CF but MoPete doesn't qualify for the right be called a "Without him" kind of guy.

Then, now, forever.

I'm Tha Man!

Status
    Mo Pete has been putting up so many bricks over the past two years, he rebuilt the New Orleans Arena single handedly! *cheap pop*
    [

Слава Україні!

Status
    He may play like a young Isaiah let's just hope he's smarter than that disgusting slimeball >_>

I'm Tha Man!

Status
    I bet Paul is a ladies man like Thomas ^_^
    [

Mid-Card Champion

Status
    You can think of it two ways.

Most Valuable Player of the league is Kobe, Nash, or LeBron (Best Players in the League by far)

Most Valuable Player of their team is Antawn Jamison, Paul Pierce, LeBron, or Paul. (Without them they wouldn't be as good.)

Quote Originally Posted by Suntan Superman View Post
    I'm pretty sure Kobe and LeBron need their mediocre teammates as well... Or can they just play 5 on 1 and win?

Paul still averaged 17.9 and 8.9 last year. And if you really know anything about basketball you know MOST PGs can't carry a team alone.

Guaranteed if Big Z Wallace West and Gibson went down the Cavs wouldn't be as good either.

Seriously stop sucking LeBron and Kobe's dicks... it's getting annoying.
    You do make it seem that Cleveland is a one man team in LeBron, when did you change your mind that the guys around him actually do something and don't pass LeBron the ball every play.

Слава Україні!

Status
    I do? LeBron makes the Cavs... that's a no-brainer. But no team is a one man team. Thanks for putting words in my mouth... again. But he's not MVP in my eyes because he does nothing really to make the Cavs a better TEAM. Which I'm sure you'll misconstrue in a way you see fit since you like throwing words around that were never said. Fact: Paul makes the Hornets better. Not only by shooting the ball but by finding his teammates and setting them up nicely. Steve Nash got MVP for doing basically the same thing.

This also really isn't "Best Player In The League Award" It's "Most Valuable" Also it's pretty insulting to Paul not to put him in the "best players in the league" Also quite insulting to Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett. Best Player doesn't necessarily mean that they drop 20-40 a night. The BEST players not only make the team around them better but play well themselves. To say Kobe and LeBron even belong in that department is horseshit at best. LeBron still has time... he's good he just needs to trust his teammates and his teammates need to earn his trust. Kobe... well... we won't get into that.

Now go ahead run along and fondle LeBrons balls some more as you continue to misconstrue my words into saying things I don't really say.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
    Most Valuable Player is the award, not Most Valuable Player To Their Team Out of All Teams.

So MVP is the best player from that year. Dirk was last year, so if you look at it that way, I guess you could say Paul, Kobe, or Pierce b/c their success.

People's Champion

Status
    I don't follow Basketball that closely, but from what I've seen, this is the year of Kobe. How the hell has this guy not won MVP before? This year is such a close race that they should give it to Kobe. His statistics are unreal, and he is having the best year out of anyone in the NBA.

The only reason he won't win it is because the voters just don't like him. Just for personal stuff, not basketball.

Слава Україні!

Status
    If it went to the player with best stats it'd be called "Most Outstanding Player" not "Most Valuable Player." It's about who makes his team better hence is the "most valuable" Paul could walk into any team and make instantly better. Not only the team itself but the People around him. Kobe has yet to prove that he can make his entire team better. Hence the lesser value you'd put on him as a player. And Pretty much you give anyone the rock like Kobe they're going to put up big numbers. It's pretty easy to score 40+ when you take 30+ shots in a game.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information