Thread: Best/Worst/Overated/Underated - NOAH

WAKE UP

Status

Best/Worst/Overated/Underated - NOAH

Simple thread. Copy the questions below and answer the with reasons.

Best wrestler in the NOAH?

Worst wrestler in the NOAH?

Most overated wrestler in the NOAH?

Most underated wrestler in the NOAH?

Most improved wrestler in the NOAH?

Most deteriorated wrestler in the NOAH?

On Vacation

Status
    Tough choice. There's quite a few guys I'd like to mention like KENTA, Marufuji, Morishima, Kobashi, Akiyama and Marvin. I don't really know who to go with if I'm being honest. A while ago I would've probably said Marvin, but after seeing Mori's match against Misawa I think he's going to get even better this year so I think I'll go with him. The choice is also influenced by the fact that I dunno how Kobashi is going to fare throughout 2008, whereas 'Shima has so much he can achieve.

Bison Smith. I don't think I really need to explain this one too much. I find him to be pretty terrible and he bores me greatly.

Marufuji. I doubt a lot will agree with this, and while he is great, I think some folk think too highly of him.

Jun Akiyama. I happen to think he's still one of the best in the company and he doesn't really get that much praise these days.

Marufuji. It's kinda weird that I have him as being overrated and most improved, but he really has gotten so much better over the past few years. Shiozaki is also worthy of a mention here, as is Morishima.

Misawa. Again, I don't really need to say much except that he's nowhere near as good or mobile as he used to be.

WAKE UP

Status
    As far as I'm concerned, Kobashi is still number one. Granted he isnt the technical genius he was ten years ago, but he's still fantastic. I would have thought age would have taken his toll on him, but after seeing his return matches so far, I can safely say he shows no signs of going downhill anytime soon.

Bison Smith - Boring, dull, clogs up the main event scene. Just bad in almost every way.

Both Honda and Izumida could be considered legends, but they bore the fucking life out of me. Dull, slow, repetitive. Only remotely interesting when put in matches with superior opponents.

Gonna have to go with Suguira. The guy is a fantastic wrestler and is just as good as KENTA and Marufuji, but due to the lack of US exposure he won't be given a mention by many people.

Marufuji started off in NOAH as a fairly interesting lightweight who had some cool moves. Fast forward some years and he's now one of the best in the world and a fanstastic story-teller.

Misawa has only really gone downhill over the last two years or so, whereas Taue has been a shell of his former self for a long long time. Beaten down and slow, he's sluggish and rarely puts on matches worth watching. Like Kane in the wwe, he remians popular because of what he once was.

Thread Information