Thread: Serra with Choice Words for St. Pierre

Established Veteran

Status

Serra with Choice Words for St. Pierre

Serra conducted an interview with SetantaSports.com. Here's how it went down:

Matt Serra has taunted Georges St Pierre ahead of their UFC welterweight title fight at “UFC 83”, asking him what it feels like to be beaten up.

Serra has grown tired of the lack of respect he has been given following his first round knock-out of St Pierre 11 months ago, which earned him the welterweight title.

“The Terror” blitzed St Pierre, forcing the stoppage with a flurry of strikes after he stunned the Canadian with a short, sharp right that was dead on the money.

Serra has suffered four losses himself in his MMA career, but only his first – to Shonie Carter way back in 2001 – came by way of knock-out, after he was shocked with a spinning backfist.

“Looking back at my losses – who dominated me? Who kicked my ass? No-one. I’ve never got beat like I beat GSP,” mocked the champion.

“All my losses were close or I was winning the fight and got caught. I took my licks and came back better, no excuses, I came back.

“After being respectful after the fight, GSP then started making all these excuses...he wasn’t ready, he wasn’t in shape, his training, his personal life. That’s when I had to say ‘Hey, give me my respect’. He then did give me my respect but now we’re fighting again.”

And St Pierre is not the only one Serra is demanding respect from, and he hits back at those who put his triumph down to a lucky punch.

“It is crazy! Last year may have been an upset but, believe me, it was no fluke.

“What is a ‘lucky punch’? Who do these people think I was trying to punch in the face if not Georges? Seriously – where did the luck come into it? I got him hurt and didn’t let him off the hook.

“Seriously, you tell me, if you aim at something, and then hit it time and time again, was it luck or did you just do what you were trying to do?”

Now he enters St Pierre’s own backyard in Montreal to prove once-and-for-all that he is the king of the welterweights.

“All the pressure is on GSP. He has to live up to all this BS about him, he has to step into the Octagon with a man who punched his lights out last time.

“I’m rematching a guy I beat inside one round, where’s the pressure? No-one is looking at me to do anything, for whatever reason, so there’s zero pressure on me.”

Mid-Card Champion

Status
    It was a fluke, it was luck and Serra will find that out in a few short weeks.

Thread Information