Thread: Aj Styles - Can he still be a big time player?

People's Champion

Status

Aj Styles - Can he still be a big time player?

When Aj started out in TNA he became the world champ pretty quickly. He was one of their top main eventers, but since then he has kind of gone down in the ranks. He is still a great wrestler and his character has improved a lot, but hasn't got any real chance as a singles wrestler in the main event.

Do you think Aj can still be a major player in the TNA World Title scene?

I think that this upcoming feud with Angle will be his stepping stone. His character has started to shine, and will be involved in the biggest storyline in TNA. I think Aj's mic skills have improved also. I could honestly see him being the TNA champ by the end of the year or early 2009.

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    nl=Netherlands
    Yeah it's kind of difficult to tell, he has a personality now, a character, but there is still guys like Angle, Sting, Booker T, Cage and possibly Lasley who are main event guys and uhm possibly Robert Roode. I'd like to see AJ in the main event, I'm sure he and Joe can have great matches again but I dunno if there is room.

Heel Champion

Status
    I wouldn't say he's gone down the ranks, sure, he was World Heavyweight champion at the time, but in all honesty, despite his phenomenal talent, he didn't really have championship quality. But now, with him turning heel, and his character enchancement he has become a better worker. I think a possible feud with Kurt Angle will definately elevate him to the next stage, and by early 2009 he'll be ready to carry the standards that come with the World Heavyweight championship.

Thread Information