Thread: Favourite BJ Whitmer Match?

WAKE UP

Status

Favourite BJ Whitmer Match?

What with Whitmer leaving ROH this week, it got me thinking about some of the great matches he had in the company. Whitmer had alot of negative sides to him, but he could also produce some great matches when he needed to. Here are mine:

vs Jimmy Jacobs - Cage Match
    This will probably top most people's lists. This is an example of the perfect way to end a fued. The fued was very emotional and personal and it transpired perfectly in this match. Both men doing thier best to simply punish their opponent. One of the bloodiest, most violent matches in ROH history. The spot with both men spiking each other was just incredible to watch. Probably Jacobs's best match in ROH too.

vs Super Dragon - Fight Without Honor
    A not so popular choice here, but I saw this match at a time when I was just getting into the ROH product and it really furthered my interest in the company. Like the Jacobs fued, this was very personal. Not only have you got the CZW/ROH war behind it, but several weeks beforehand SD had severly injured Whitmer's neck. SD heeled it up greatly and worked over Whitmer's neck really well through. A really great underdog match here and one of the best performances from either man. And the ending was just insane.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
    Easily his catch match at Supercard of Honor 2 with Jimmy Jacobs

Thread Information