Thread: Has Orton been a good champ thus far?

People's Champion

Status

Has Orton been a good champ thus far?

Orton has been the WWE Champion since October and has had matches with the likes of HHH, Chris Jericho, Jeff Hardy and John Cena. So the question has been asked, Has Orton been a good WWE Champion?

I truly think he has. Some have said that his character isn't as good as it used to be, and he hasn't been a good champ. He will most likely lose the title at Mania to either John Cena or HHH, but he has had some good matches.

His matches with Jeff were pretty good and his LMS match with HHH was good also. His promo's have been good and the feuds have been interesting.

WAKE UP

Status
    I would say most definatley yes. For starters, we havent had a heel champion in so long on RAW, that in itself is a breath of fresh air.

The way he won the title was a masterstroke in booking if you ask me. Then the fued with HBK was pretty good and the surprise of HBK's return was another well bookedpart of the fued. The fued with Jericho was a bit of a let down, but Jericho's return was still most welcome. For me the best part of his reign has been the fued with Hardy. For me, the most interesting and entertaining title fued in ages. Two young guys who had tasted the limelight before but had never really taken centre stage. Everything about that fued was so well done in my opinion (apart from maybe Orton winning clean). The return of Cena kind of threw a spanner in the works as the whole angle with Cena using his RR win to face Orton at NWO was a horrible idea, in my opinion.

Overall, I would say Orton has been a great champion. He's a breath of fresh air. Great promos that were dark and intense as opposed to the constantly over-the-top sugar'd up promos you get from guys like Cena, HHH and Michaels. All the matches have been of a decent standard. Nothing has been amazing, but nothing has been below average.

I really hope Orton retains at Wrestlemania to be honest.

Heel Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by KillSteve View Post
    I would say most definatley yes. For starters, we havent had a heel champion in so long on RAW, that in itself is a breath of fresh air.

The way he won the title was a masterstroke in booking if you ask me. Then the fued with HBK was pretty good and the surprise of HBK's return was another well bookedpart of the fued. The fued with Jericho was a bit of a let down, but Jericho's return was still most welcome. For me the best part of his reign has been the fued with Hardy. For me, the most interesting and entertaining title fued in ages. Two young guys who had tasted the limelight before but had never really taken centre stage. Everything about that fued was so well done in my opinion (apart from maybe Orton winning clean). The return of Cena kind of threw a spanner in the works as the whole angle with Cena using his RR win to face Orton at NWO was a horrible idea, in my opinion.

Overall, I would say Orton has been a great champion. He's a breath of fresh air. Great promos that were dark and intense as opposed to the constantly over-the-top sugar'd up promos you get from guys like Cena, HHH and Michaels. All the matches have been of a decent standard. Nothing has been amazing, but nothing has been below average.

I really hope Orton retains at Wrestlemania to be honest.
    Steve pretty much summed up everything I was going to say. With me not being that big of an Orton fan, I was expecting to be a blind hater and just hate on his reign, but that has not been the case at all. Orton, has changed my view on him since winning back the title, as Steve said....He's a breath of fresh air. He's an alternative to Triple H or Cena with the gold, which to some is excellent and the moment Orton as champion is exactly what RAW needs.

Now, I would love to see his reign continue after Wrestlemania but I see either Triple H or John Cena winning it unfortunately.

Curtain Jerker

Status
    I've loved his reign so far, but I'll agree somewhat on the fact his character has lost the spark since Rated RKO/Possibly Taker. I don't enjoy him as much as I did but still enjoy the breathe of fresh hair he has given RAW. I personally think he could be much more.. ah, evil? and intense, much like Lesnar, late in 03. Other than that, I think he has done a great job so far and I agree, his fued with Hardy was just fucken awesome... up until the part he pinned him clean lol :p.

Sweet Meat

Status
    I think he has been a very good champion thus far. He had a feud with Cena in which he was finally going to win the title, unfortunately it was cut short. Then he had a short program with HHH, a program with Shawn Michaels, a program with Chris Jericho, and a program with Jeff Hardy. All led to great matches. He now is working with both Cena and HHH yet again and the match @ Mania is sure to be fantastic.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Curtain Jerker

Status
    I think Orton has had an alright reign. He put on an amazing LMS match with HHH and although I was disappointed by his match against Jeff at the RR, they're other match and feud as a whole was good. The feud with Jericho was pretty good also I thought. The matches in his reign have been good for the most part, but he's been made to look pretty weak. During his feud with HBK, every RAW ended with him on his back, and now he's the bitch of the triple threat feud and is probably going to take the pin at WrestleMania. His character also is pretty bland right now; I liked him better as the Legend Killer. He doesn't have much personality right now.

Thread Information