Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE General Discussion: March - April

Sweet Meat

Status

WWE General Discussion: March - April

Discuss anything and everything that doesn't pertain to or isn't important enough for a thread of its own.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Main Eventer

Status
    "Last time I broke his nose, this time I'm gonna break his jaw" x 10 = the amount of times Money said that.

WAKE UP

Status
    Mayweather has such good mic skills.

On Vacation

Status
    I'm telling you, it's a good thing I like the people at this forum. If I didn't, I wouldn't be here. WWE has gotten so boring lately. I haven't watched a show in like a month.

Curtain Jerker

Status
    WWE is getting boring, they need people like Jack Evans.

"SCWs Resident Rock Star"
    Record: 0-1-0

Sweet Meat

Status
    I personally enjoy it a lot right now =/ I don't understand why people do not enjoy it now yet watched it last summer.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

I'm Tha Man!

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada
    I have lost alot of interest in wrestling. I watched Raw and throughout the whole show I was thinking about what else I could do. Unless TNA or WWE steps up their product, I think I will be done with wrestling after Wrestlemania.
    [
    I'll crash the plane that ****** n-gga B.O.B is in!

Sweet Meat

Status
    I guess it's just me who enjoys wrestling very much still =/

Spoiler:

I'm Tha Man!

Status
    Out of Jeff Hardy there isnt much I enjoy watching on Raw. Every time I see JBL and Hornswoggle together I get horrible childhood flashbacks. Feels like I'm supporting child abuse. Smackdown is just utter crap storyline wise. That equals a major disinterest in matches.

As for Ecw, the booking has gotten better, but I still have little interest in the show outside of Kofi. I stay up at till 1a.m just to see him. Which reminds me, ECW is on in 14 minutes.
    [

WAKE UP

Status
    I watched ECW and Smackdown for the first time in like a month last night. ECW was pretty boring. The Colin/Dreamer vs Miz/Morrison stuff was ok, but as with everything on ECW, it feels so rushed, and its hard to care knowing the angle will probably be over this time next month. The Punk/Chavo match was also a good match, its just that when its happened, what, ten times before its just boring and doesnt hold my interest at all.

I fell asleep through Smackdown (because of the time, not the show), but the Batista/MVP match was pretty good as they always are, the 6 man tag was decent and the Edge/Flair stuff at the begining was pretty good, though Vickie sucks on the mic and kept getting her cues wrong. The Palumbo/Kane match was ok, but the diva contest shit was a waste of time.

I can see why others find it boring at the moment, but I still enjoy it to an extent. Probably because I dont watch it week in week out.

Sweet Meat

Status
    Maybe I'm just weird then. I watch Raw, Smackdown, ECW every week religiously. ROH every two months and usually I watch the PPV I recorded several times. I watch DVDs, WWE 24-7, iMPACT half the time, etc. yet I'm not close to tired of it =/

Spoiler:

I'm Tha Man!

Status
    Well the wrestling hasnt changed much, I still enjoy much of the matches, but from the creative end, storylines have just been a complete snooze. Look at the Orton, Cena, HHH story leading into WM. If this were in the 90's Triple H as a face would have been making Orton look like a fool through pranks, and Orton would be jumping Triple H backstage. Cena would probably be overcoming stacked odds as usual.shifty

Whats the build up been for this year. A couple of RKO's. A few stare downs, and now we are going to see, Cena vs Triple H, and Cena vs Orton. Oops did I spoil the next two Raw's main events?

Heel wrestlers used to do shocking outlandish things that damn near used to kill their opponents, and this was leading into a match. Now a heel is simply a heel because they will get themselves DQ'd, or cheat to keep a title.

A lack of a captivating storyline equals a lack of interest in a match. The last good storyline turned up a midget. It's just boring.
    [

WAKE UP

Status
    ^^^

Exactly why I dont bother to follow it compulsively. Everything these days is so rushed and watered down. Hardly anything lasts more than five minutes. Loads of potentially great ideas turn into waste because the booking team have the attention span of a moth. Look at 'Mania, only two of the matches have build which goes on to before the Rumble.

It's hard to get excited over matches that don't feel important.

Sweet Meat

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by KillSteve View Post
    ^^^

Exactly why I dont bother to follow it compulsively. Everything these days is so rushed and watered down. Hardly anything lasts more than five minutes. Loads of potentially great ideas turn into waste because the booking team have the attention span of a moth. Look at 'Mania, only two of the matches have build which goes on to before the Rumble.

It's hard to get excited over matches that don't feel important.
    To be honest, both main events have been built up for AT LEAST 4 months. Edge/UT had altercations since November and HHH/Cena/Orton have all feuded in the past. Then MVP/Matt Hardy has been built up for a year. Money In The Bank tells a story for most wrestlers involved: Shelton Benjamin vowed to be a gold standard for months now. Jericho needs this to finally "save us". Jeff who has been on a roll needs this big win to catapult him into the main event again. Kennedy wants to do what he vowed to do before, cash in the MITB @ Wrestlemania 24. Granted it's not amazing buildup, but it's more than given credit for. Hell, Melina/Beth vs. Candice/Maria could at least be claimed to have more build. JBL/Finlay in a sense does, minus JBL's part.

Spoiler:

WAKE UP

Status
    As much as the MITB entertains me (and it really does), there is never any story to it at all other than 6 or 8 guys trying to get the win. They could atleast attempt to make it different from previous years. If they put Noble and Palumbo in, two guys who have been fueding, then that could be good, but I kinda doubt they will play on it much.

Cena/HHH fueded for a while, but that fued wasn't interesting at all apart from the 'Mania match. If they had made the main event a one-on-one between Orton and Cena I'd be more interested, but throwing HHH into the mix just makes it feel lik its not as personal as it should be.

Matt/MVP isn't even confirmed yet, and if it isn't on the card then that's a huge waste.

Why do I have a feeling 'Mania will be utter shit?

Sweet Meat

Status
    I think it will def be better than last years.

Spoiler:

WAKE UP

Status
    Not much of an accomplishment.

I'm Tha Man!

Status
    MITB doesn't really need any build up. It's 8 men putting their body on the lines for a shot at the richest prize in the company. That's enough of a build up in my books.

As for Hardy/ MVP there is no build up. MVP put Hardy out of action, so what is WWE going to do. Have Hardy do a run in on an MVP match and put them in a match on the greatest show WWE puts on a year? Doesn't seem worth the slot.

Edge vs Taker... Well yeah there has been build up, but nothing captivating. A bit of GM help setting up matches in Edges favor and a few three on one attacks, that's about it. The Story behind the match is the same as last year, Title vs Streak only Edge has a better chance of winning than Batista. However, Edge will get himself DQ'd, betchu.

AS for Cena/HHH/Orton. There has been absolutly nothing worth watching in their story. The Cena vs Orton is continuing an angle that had a six month break. There was no build up, Cena didn't shoot a promo saying he is working hard to get revenge on Orton or anything. Triple H was just dumped into the main event, and the worst part was they messed up the whole point of the Royal Rumble to put this match together. I always thought the Royal Rumble was a shot at the title at WM. I had no clue wrestlers could choose where and when they get a title shot. It removes the point of a GM. Orton is overshadowed by the other two which gives me the feeling he is going to win at WM.

The angles themselves are pretty predictable. It seems like the creative team is just going through the motions, and have been for the past few years. There is no shock factor what so ever.
    [

WAKE UP

Status
    Edge vs Taker... Well yeah there has been build up, but nothing captivating. A bit of GM help setting up matches in Edges favor and a few three on one attacks, that's about it. The Story behind the match is the same as last year, Title vs Streak only Edge has a better chance of winning than Batista. However, Edge will get himself DQ'd, betchu.
    You forgot Edge cashing in the MITB to end Taker's run last year and him costing him the HIAC match.

I'm Tha Man!

Status
    Yeah that is true, but all that does is create a back story to their feud. At least for me, it's what happens after the match is announced that matters. There hasn't been much, since the match was announced, that has gained my interest. I've tried to watch Smackdown, but I cant stand it. I'm also losing interest in Raw, if it weren't for Kofi, I wouldn't even watch ECW. Thats how boring WWE and wrestling in general has gotten for me.
    [

Thread Information