Thread: Wrestlemania 24 - Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair

Main Eventer

Status

Wrestlemania 24 - Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair

When Shawn Michaels looks at Ric Flair, he sees his inspiration – a man he idolized as a young boy who dreamed of one day being the best in the squared circle. When the “Nature Boy” looks at Michaels, he sees his living legacy. He is proud to know that he had such a great influence on all-time greats such as HBK and was in part responsible for careers. If Flair had to end his career, he couldn’t think of a better opponent than Michaels – and that’s why this inductee to the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2008 challenged The Showstopper to a Career Threatening Match at WrestleMania XXIV.

Flair has been fighting for his career since November, when Mr. McMahon gave him a win-or-you-must retire ultimatum. The next match Flair loses in singles competition in any way will be his last. He will be forced to retire.

Any normal man would have crumbled under that pressure. But the 16-time World Champion seems to have been reinvigorated by the challenge. He has defeated much younger and stronger Superstars such as Mr. Kennedy, MVP, Umaga, William Regal and even Triple H, one of his greatest admirers, as he’s battled to keep his career alive. (Relive Flair's Fight for his Career)

In most of the previous Career Threatening Matches, Flair has been the hunted. Superstars have issued the challenge, hoping to forever etch their names in history as the man who ended the legendary “Nature Boy’s” career. But in this WrestleMania encounter with HBK, Flair was the hunter. Flair challenged Michaels, who has admitted that he’s not sure he’s ready for a world of sports-entertainment without “Naitch.”

Who knows why Flair challenged HBK – perhaps it was his way of taking control of his destiny. But Flair also knows that HBK is one of the greatest Superstars to ever compete at WrestleMania. Perhaps no one has had more show-stealing, unforgettable matches on The Grandest Stage of Them All. Meanwhile, Michaels knows that there has been perhaps no greater champion in history than Flair. HBK and “Naitch” consider it an honor to wrestle each other – and on what better stage than WrestleMania.

What range of emotions will Flair feel before his showdown with Michaels? The night before WrestleMania, he will become the first-ever active competitor to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. He will be looking back upon his incredible 36-year career while trying to look forward and concentrate on winning his match with HBK and keeping “Space Mountain” open.

And for HBK, he will have to come to terms with the fact that he may have to end the career of a man he truly loves and considers a father figure. Michaels doesn’t need to make a name for himself; his own legacy has been firmly established. In many ways, he’s paying homage to Flair by wrestling him at WrestleMania.

There has never been anyone like HBK in WWE. And no one will ever style and profile like Ric Flair. At WrestleMania, this battle between new and future WWE Hall of Famers promises to give our fans something they will never forget.

Place your bets on this match here

Sweet Meat

Status
    Damn, for the first time in years we could see a Ric Flair **** match. End it on a fantastic note, Ric!

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Main Eventer

Status
    How sure can we be this will be his last match though? I personally am not sure.

Sweet Meat

Status
    It's possible it won't be but I doubt it. His last match needs a "huge" feel.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Indy Talent

Status
    Im pretty positive that this will be Flair's last match. So I hope he does a great job in his last match, but how can you not in your last match.

People's Champion

Status
    I'm pretty sure it's going to be his last match. If it wasn't his last match, I think they would wait till next year to induct him. But by inducting him this year, it adds a lot more emotion to it. I would've liked the lead into this match better if HBK went heel and knocked Flair out on a Raw, but it won't happen.

Sweet Meat

Status
    This match is very epic. This is Ric Flair's night!

Spoiler:

Mid-Card Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PY View Post
    How sure can we be this will be his last match though? I personally am not sure.
    He's winning or losing and then retiring.At 59, he's not waiting to retire at WM25, and he can't retire anywhere except WM. This weekend is all about Flair. Headlining Hall of Fame, beating HBK, going out in a blaze of glory.

His last match w/HBK was great, but I'm nervous they can't have a big long match, as Flair has been limited to 10 min matches with chopping since he came back.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States
    This is now the most anticipated match after that confrontation this past RAW. I cannot wait.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Sweet Meat

Status
    Both men will make sure this match is the show stealer. Perhaps the MOTY.

Spoiler:

Tommy Got Hacked
    Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Sweet Meat

Status
    It SHOULD be the main event. It is my main event. I love Punk/Jericho/Undertaker, but this will be the only night that Ric Flair is my favorite.

Spoiler:

Thread Information