Thread: World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. Undertaker

Main Eventer

Status

World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. Undertaker

A telltale hour for the World Heavyweight Championship at No Way Out foretold the SmackDown main event at WrestleMania XXIV: The Rated-R Superstar vs. The Phenom, title vs. streak.

Within sixty minutes of witnessing The Phenom’s triumph in a grisly Elimination Chamber Match, the Ultimate Opportunist capitalized on an injured Rey Mysterio to retain the gold with an ample WrestleMania-based knot in his Rated-R gut.

The Deadman has pursued the World Heavyweight Title since May 8, 2007 – an evening on which infamy was defined by Edge’s opportunistic championship seizure. That night, the Ultimate Opportunist moniker was born as Edge cashed in Money in the Bank (which he craftily seized from Mr. Kennedy) at the most inopportune moment for Undertaker.

Minutes after The Phenom’s Steel Cage encounter with Batista and a savage assault by Mark Henry, the Rated-R Superstar stole the gold from the war-torn Deadman. The Ultimate Opportunist continued to be a bane to Undertaker for months on SmackDown, keeping the grim Superstar from reclaiming the championship. Now, more than one year later, life proves to be ironically cyclical for Edge, as his date with the devil has been inked for WrestleMania.

Speaking of cycles, The Phenom is certainly reaching the peak of another for himself. This time last year, SmackDown’s resident demon pursued a quest toward a championship encounter with Batista at WrestleMania 23. In an epic clash of two indelible titans, The Phenom maintained his venerable win streak on The Grandest Stage of Them All, and more importantly, captured his fifth World Title.

This impressive 15-0 undefeated streak at WrestleMania casts an ominous, intimidating shadow over the Ultimate Opportunist’s reign. However, Edge himself bears his own notable record at WrestleMania (5-1), at which he has never been pinned or forced to submit. But, this imminent collision isn’t about streaks; it’s about the highly coveted World Heavyweight Championship.

Can even the most ideal opportunity keep the gold around the Rated-R Superstar’s waist at WrestleMania XXIV? Or will the Ultimate Opportunist find the angle he needs and make history by burying The Deadman once and for all as The Granddaddy of Them All emanates from the Florida Citrus Bowl?

---

Guess it's title vs. streak now.

Sweet Meat

Status
    An incredible match for sure. The nearfalls should be GREAT.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

People's Champion

Status
    This is a match people have been waiting for for awhile now. I think the wrestling will be great but the finish will be even better. Taker will probably end up winning this match and continuing his streak. Should be great none the less though.

On Vacation

Status
    Taker no doubt

Sweet Meat

Status
    I can't wait. People say its nothing special due to being predictable but most wrestling is predictable. I am enjoying the build up and although the story is generic it is quite good. Edge keeps getting away from the Undertaker, always with the upper hand. For near a year this feud has slowly been built up and now the payoff comes at Mania.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Thread Information