Page 293 of 393 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343 ... LastLast
Results 5,841 to 5,860 of 7844

Thread: The Official Independent Wrestling Discussion Thread

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Re: Random Indy and Other Wrestling Talk

Dunno how true this is, but came across this post on the ROH board:

As for Gabe, honestly the man needs to learn to just shut up about ROH. It would be one thing if WWN Live never had/has any iPPV issues but they do. In fact last live iPPV I watched on WWN Live was the Vince Russo Live You Shoot. The 1st 20 minuts were plagued by lagging and dropped stream. When people in the live chat complained one of the administrators threatned to ban anyone talking smack about WWN Live.
    If this is true, fuck Gabe and his high and mighty attitude about ROH. Meh, fuck him anyway. ROH fucks up = grovelling apologies and free iPPV. Gabe's company fucks up = stfu and stop talking shit about our stream.
    Last edited by Marketh; 06-23-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Major series wrestling debut show in hamilton ontario canada

On July 14th live in Hamilton Ontario Canada Major Series Wrestling proudly
    announces their debute show. Featuring some of North America's greatest
    wrestlers to date.
    Already signed are Former WWE/TNA Star
    "Billy Gun aka Kip James", Mdog 20 Matt Cross, DGUSA Star "Chuck Taylor",
    CHIKARA STARS " Jigsaw, Green Ant, Saturyne", last but not least CANADA'S own
    SUPER SMASH BROTHERS "Player Uno & Player Dos" and many more to be announced
    in the coming weeks!
    Check us out on Facebook at Major Series
    Wrestling

Official Card July 14th in Hamilton Ontario:

Kip James vs. Mdog 20 Matt Cross

Rip Impact vs. Chuck Taylor vs. Jigsaw vs. Green Ant

Xandra Bale vs. Saturyne

Rico Montana vs. Black Bushi

Abe "Action" Jackson vs. Red "Hot" Ryan
    Wood

Bry Sullivan & Aiden Prince vs. Super Smash Brothers

A Bonus Match for the
    VIP ticket holders.

Starting this week keep your radio's on and ears open and listen to 820 CHAM as
    Major Series Wrestling get the exposure that we deserve...also possible ticket
    give aways as well!
    Last edited by Jim; 06-25-2012 at 10:31 PM.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Quisha vs. Fire Nikki the NY Knockout vs. Becky Bayless

Once again Fire is out to crush a woman’s wrestler career. Quisha has no idea what she is in for and doesn’t stand a chance! The match explodes with a powerful body slam, punches and kicks and Quisha is stunned. Totally dominated by the shear power and will of the Fire storm she is about to experience.

http://store.steelkittens.com/show_i...=2&ItemID=4063

Last Real Man Hype

Status

You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Formerly CZWFan

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Pinkie Sanchez and BJ Whitmer are going to be two of Smart Mark Videos Best on The Indies dvd's.

Indy Talent

Status

Three EVOLVE iPPV's in consecutive days with the first one being tonight. Anyone plan on watching?

ಠ_ಠ

Status

I didn't even know they were having a show. What is on the card?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

WAKE UP

Status

Nothing good. The main event is Generico vs Samurai De Sol, which shows how weak the card is.

God

Status

Anything for the other nights? Don't really see the point in running three shows if you have fuck all on them. Save the effort and just do the one. Can't see many people buying three nights in a row if they don't have something worthwhile on them.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

ಠ_ಠ

Status

Goodness, if I wasn't so sure that El Generico was told to keep away from ROH so they can have him comeback as the Super hero babyface against Steen, I'd feel very sad for him being stuck on these shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I'm pretty sure ROH wants him around, but Generico holding out for more money.

Indy Talent

Status

I finally watched the Open The Ultimate Gate 2012 proof DVD. This is one of the final steps of DVD production. We have three different set of eyeballs watch the final version for quality control to make sure you get the best product possible. Here are some thoughts on the show- I really enjoyed the first half as each match showcased something different and was fun with AR Fox vs. Rich Swann doing crazy, athletic stuff, Tommy Dreamer & Bobby Fish vs. Scene providing some fun stuff especially with Dreamer and the Scene girls, BxB Hulk vs. Sami Callihan being the hard-hitting match and Sabu & Jon Davis vs. D.U.F. bringing a hardcore element in. You can tell I was on an ECW kick with some of the stuff on the first half. I really think it's important for the undercard to provide diversity like this and set the stage for the main matches.

Akira Tozawa vs. Masaaki Mochizuki saw things get taken to the next level as this was absolutely awesome, especially the last five minutes, which is as good as it gets. Definitely a match worth going out of your way to see.

This brings us to Low Ki vs. PAC. I am real interested in your feedback to this one. I loved this match. This was a match that all upcoming wrestlers should study. They did all the little things- everything was a struggle and a fight. Every movement had value. I always felt like I was watching a competitive, athletic contest. This match reminded me of a New Japan junior heavyweight match from the glory days of the early 90s, late 80s. It's hard to call it a throwback match because of some of the amazing things that were done, but pacing wise and in making sure everything built it was a throwback. That being said, it wasn't the crazy match fans today are used to with a million moves and false finishes, so I'm not sure how everyone will react to it. I look forward to reading your thoughts.

The main event of Masato Yoshino & Ricochet vs. Johnny Gargano & Chuck Taylor was amazing and proves how good tag team wrestling can be. The fact they were able to seamlessly follow the incredible Tozawa vs. Mochizuki and Ki vs. PAC matches and good undercard tells you how good it is.

I also really regret not releasing the closing angle in its entirety immediately after the event. That was a brain cramp and I dropped the ball. It was really a moment and everyone was really effective in the angle. I'm kicking myself right now for not getting this footage out there right after the show.

The DVD of this event will be available for pre-order within a couple of weeks. Right now we have Open The Golden Gate up for pre-order, which you can order in the 40% off sale at DGUSA.tv. You can watch Open The Ultimate Gate 2012 now at WWNLive.com On Demand.
    I know you've got to shill your product, but there's something to be said for being understated and reserved.

By the descriptions, you'd be mistaken for thinking this was the greatest event in the history of ever.
    signature.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

He's really taking a page out of Charlie Haas' book.

"I don't mean to toot my own horn, but TOOT TOOT. Toot-toot-toot, toot-toot toot TOOT!"

Gabe also just said on the ROH board while being criticised something along the lines of "I'm not here to just shill my product" then proceeded to tell everyone about his latest sale and upcoming releases. I'm pretty sure the guy's actually gonna get banned from a fan-owned board, since he's done this like 10 times now and is basically only around to say "ROH doesn't care about their fans now that I'm not around, so watch this!"
    Last edited by Marketh; 07-05-2012 at 03:39 PM.

WAKE UP

Status

Can't we just all agree Gabe is lame and a terrible promoter?

Status
      Country                    United States

Man, besides Benoit, has anyone reputation been hurt more in the last 5 years than Gabe? He went from beloved by everyone to being hated by some.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Onto something more positive, what's the non-ROH indy/puro stuff I need to see from the year thus far?

I FIXED THEM NOW SUCK ME

Status

Callihan vs Sasaki
    Wrestle Kingdom VI

TBF they are pretty much the only non 'Big 3' things Ive seen this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Truthfully Duke I probably did a boner at times. I took School after I was held back in the 3rd Grade seriously maybe too seriously at times. I wished I would of enjoyed it a bit more. I think my path is still being made to be honest.

Fantrax Premiership \ Fantrax Division 1

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2017 - 20/15/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    Onto something more positive, what's the non-ROH indy/puro stuff I need to see from the year thus far?
    Not a lot of essential viewing, more a lot of "pretty good". Okada vs Naito was a MOTYC, though. Check out the now-dead match voting thread for indy recs.

CM Punk Mark

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

About to watch Summer of Punk DVD again. What are your guys favourite match from that whole angle? Mine was easily CM Punk vs James Gibson. Might watch that match first, plus Punk's promo leading to this match was awesome too.

Moon Vulcan S-Mod

Status
      Country                    United States

I'd look for stuff from the All Japan/Big Japan feud earlier in the year, including the awesome 6 man tag from 2/2. (If anything, the post match is at least worth checking out.) Other than that, I can't say i've been especially impressed with much this year either. I like a lot of what Zero-1's been doing of late though. There was a really fun tag team match in May featuring BRAVE (Marufuji & Ishimori) vs. Ikuto Hidaka & Masato Tanaka.

Nothing ***** or anything i've seen yet anyway.

Thread Information