Page 391 of 391 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391
Results 7,801 to 7,818 of 7818

Thread: Unpopular Wrestling Opinions

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    Argentina

Re: Unpopular Wrestling Opinions

seems like you got worked up bro...

and Daniel Bryan's still a vanilla midget in my eyes, though I respect him cause he's a really nice guy and loves this business, but a carchphrase and mic time doesn't mean you are now a larger than life character, do you have an idea how many tries it took to Guerrero and Jericho in the 90s, AJ Styles in TNA or to Omega from his ROH days to now? you don't automatically stop being a VM by cutting a promo, getting one or two catchphrases and a signature taunt/dancing (look at Lance Storm), and it applies to big or average sized wrestlers too, there's something called evolution and character development...
    you failed getting over the first time? just get better and step up again all the times you need until you make it...
    Last edited by Ryu Hoshi; 01-23-2018 at 06:47 PM.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

It just sounds like you put more weight in the term vanilla midget and take it more seriously than most wrestling fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Hoshi View Post

and Daniel Bryan's still a vanilla midget in my eyes, though I respect him cause he's a really nice guy and loves this business, but a carchphrase and mic time doesn't mean you are now a larger than life character, do you have an idea how many tries it took to Guerrero and Jericho in the 90s, AJ Styles in TNA or to Omega from his ROH days to now? you don't automatically stop being a VM by cutting a promo, getting one or two catchphrases and a signature taunt/dancing (look at Lance Storm), and it applies to big or average sized wrestlers too, there's something called evolution and character development...
    you failed getting over the first time? just get better and step up again all the times you need until you make it...
    Is vanilla midgets your favorite term?
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Brick Shithouse

Status

Evolution and character development?

Bryan had some of the best character development the WWE has ever done.

Internet darling who couldn't win matches → fiery undercard baby-face → delusional heel → asshole boyfriend and delusional heel → heel with anger issues → baby-face with anger issues → legitimate main event baby-face → anti-authority baby-face. Every bit of his WWE career flowed together too, it wasn't a sharp drastic change.

His whole arc was amazing and full of depth, and that's just his in-ring WWE run, nevermind his ROH.

I don't know how one of the funniest, most charismatic (in terms of getting the crowd behind him), beloved characters in WWE history can be described as a vanilla midget. Outside of his height (which you have repeatedly said is not a factor in your opinion) there is zero reason to say that.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    His whole arc was amazing and full of depth, and that's just his in-ring WWE run, nevermind his ROH.
    HE WRESTLES ON THE INTERNET, HOW CAN YOU LIKE THIS GUY?

You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Hoshi View Post

Did you even watch Daniel Bryan's WWE run? His character did evolve. 2010 Daniel Bryan being made fun off by The Miz and Michael Cole on NXT is a different character to 2012 Daniel Bryan who turned heel when winning the WHC went to his head. Team Hell No Bryan is different and so is anti-authority Daniel Bryan.

Daniel Bryan was the most over WWE babyface of his generation and it wasn't because of a chant, you don't reach that level of popularity from city to city and country to country without having more to your game. There's a difference between Daniel Bryan and Fandango.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Bryan has under gone so much character development in 3 years alone (2011-14) so I don't get the point you are trying to make.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Off topic, but does anyone else think Vanilla Midgets is actually a pretty good band name?
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    Off topic, but does anyone else think Vanilla Midgets is actually a pretty good band name?
    Not if you want to draw money, brother.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Not if you want to draw money, brother.
    Nothing wrong with being indie label darlings!
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Character Jobber

Status

With Daniel Bryan, it wasn't just character development, his mic skills and charisma improved drastically as well. If I knew nothing about what Daniel Bryan is doing now, and I look back on some of his earliest WWE work, and you tell me he now has a prominent non-wrestling TV role, I would say you're crazy.
    First Ever Undisputed World Champion:
    George Hackenschmidt

Quote Originally Posted by BattleKat View Post
    With Daniel Bryan, it wasn't just character development, his mic skills and charisma improved drastically as well. If I knew nothing about what Daniel Bryan is doing now, and I look back on some of his earliest WWE work, and you tell me he now has a prominent non-wrestling TV role, I would say you're crazy.
    I imagine most of the Bryan Danielson fans would say he always had those skills, it's just that the WWE finally gave him the opportunity to show those skills. Same thing with CM Punk and his pre-2009 heel turn run.

On Vacation

Status
    I was never a Bryan fan.

He was a good in-ring performer, but the rest of his act left me cold. I could never look past his lack of size and unique look. I could look past Mick Foley looking like a garbage man, because he played a weird character, and had once in a generation level charisma. Bryan didn't really have much charisma. I get that people found him likeable, which is a type of a charisma, but I just found him awkward and goofy as a character.

No one has come along since the mid-2000's who has really excited me. Orton was great in 2004, and Batista in 2005; but since then I can't think of anyone who I liked in the same way as Hogan, Savage, Austin, Rock, Nash, Triple H, Flair, Goldberg and others. Cena is good at what he does, but it's not for me. Punk was always overrated. Reigns has a great look, but there's always been something missing with him.

Give me a DVD of Ric Flair in his prime over AJ Styles vs Finn Balor any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    Honest question loosely related to the discussion. Do people really care about Kevin Nash or what he thinks? Is there a hardcore Kevin Nash fanbase, that either looks back fondly at his career or were hyped for him at the time? Are we sure these people weren't just fans of the NWO as a group? Do people get excited for shoot interviews or podcasts with Kevin Nash? Did Kevin Nash have more than a few great matches and was he a great promo? Is there anyone here who would call Kevin Nash one of their favourite wrestlers?
    If you were a kid in the late 90's, you would understand how over Nash was. He was the most over member of the NWO in the late 90's. He was that over, that they split the groups into two - with Nash forming the Wolfpac. He played an understated role in WCW beating WWF for the best part of two years.

Yes, he wasn't the greatest in-ring performer. But he had a cool factor that few in wrestling have ever had. He was also very underrated on the mic. His shoot interviews are very entertaining. He is clearly a very clever person. I don't agree with everything he says, but he talks a great deal of sense a lot of the time.
    Last edited by Fuji Vice; 02-07-2018 at 08:41 AM.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Australia

My unpopular opinion. I don't see the hype with Okada.

ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ┻━┻

Status
      Country                    Marshall Islands

Quote Originally Posted by Declandimi101 View Post
    My unpopular opinion. I don't see the hype with Okada.
    I hate to ask, but could you please elaborate a bit, Declan ? Just dropping an unpopular opinion in one or two sentences without any explanations is just unbearable.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Night of the Lucha Bear View Post
    I hate to ask, but could you please elaborate a bit, Declan ? Just dropping an unpopular opinion in one or two sentences without any explanations is just unbearable.
    Sorry about that. I just don't really see the hype around him. I don't really like him. I don't really see him as an "excited gimmick" and have never really been a big fan of his style of wrestling

Last Real Man Hype

Status

From what I've seen of Okada, I've dug the matches, even the massively overrated Omega ones to an extent. But I don't really find him interesting.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

He’s certainly polarizing. My opinion of his has definitely gone down as the years go by, but he deserves to be called a main event level performer.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Thread Information