Page 70 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 3482

Thread: Random Wrestling Talk

WAKE UP

Status

Re: Random Wrestling Talk

What was wrong with the card? It wasn't great or anything, but it certainly wasn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Steventon View Post
    What was wrong with the card? It wasn't great or anything, but it certainly wasn't bad.
    I'm not talking about the actual card, but rather how it was setup. Finlay vs JBL was such an odd choice for an opener. Meanwhile Edge vs Taker had the feel of Angle vs Brock as a solid PPV main event, but not very Wrestlemaniaesque.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Brawls are a terrible way to open a show. The best openers are fast paced matches that can get the fans excited right away. Finlay vs JBL was better suited later on in the card.

Sweet Meat

Status

Yeah I thought MITB would open.

Also I'm like the only person who loved UT/Edge being the main event .

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

On a card with Flair's last match and Orton battling the WWE's two biggest stars in terms of push, Edge vs Taker shouldn't have even been considered being the main event.

WAKE UP

Status

Yeah, but considering the match length, the build and the fact it was a title change, it worked better than the Triple Threat would have.

I agree it was odd ordering though, I remember thinking wtf when watching it live. MITB should have opened.

Its Been A Long Time

Status

Why is everyone real high on Bryan Danielson?

I've been reading through some of the Danielson vs. the World threads here on the forum and I read as he beats out superstars that work, wrestle and talk alot better than the "American Dragon". I'm not saying he's awful, but he is yet to prove anything in the wrestling world (And yes, that means I don't credit many of the indy promotions in America and Japan), his ring work is medicore at best and by some of the matches I have watched (Especially his ROH triades), the crowd seemed unintrested in his character and persona. To me, this guy is hopeless at doing the one thing that in my opinion puts the boys apart from the men, the working of the crowd. I just don't understand how everyone can be so high on him, he's soooo god damn average.

WWE RAW 2006 Revisted Posted in Be the Booker!

WAKE UP

Status

That may be the dumbest post I've read that didn't come from John Smith.

Sigh... what Danielson matches have you actually seen?

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Lost View Post
    Why is everyone real high on Bryan Danielson?

I've been reading through some of the Danielson vs. the World threads here on the forum and I read as he beats out superstars that work, wrestle and talk alot better than the "American Dragon". I'm not saying he's awful, but he is yet to prove anything in the wrestling world (And yes, that means I don't credit many of the indy promotions in America and Japan), his ring work is medicore at best and by some of the matches I have watched (Especially his ROH triades), the crowd seemed unintrested in his character and persona. To me, this guy is hopeless at doing the one thing that in my opinion puts the boys apart from the men, the working of the crowd. I just don't understand how everyone can be so high on him, he's soooo god damn average.
    You haven't seen any recent ROH stuff at all, have you? In fact, even if it was earlier matches, that wouldn't make much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Tommy Got Hacked

WAKE UP

Status

Yeah, Lost that part really made it obvious you have no idea what you're talking about. He's far and away the biggest, most over US wrestler not in WWE or TNA.

Its Been A Long Time

Status

Seriously thats what I mean; before everyone disregards my post as idiotic and dumb, send me a link to a match/promo (Anything) that has made you guys the uber Danielson fans you are (Its why I asked the question in the first place ). I've watched his matches with Punk/Aries (In ROH and other federations where he has either represented ROH or been apart of a different fed). Maybe it was just the the small crowd, but no one in the building really cared? I just found his ring work simple.

WWE RAW 2006 Revisted Posted in Be the Booker!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost View Post
    Seriously thats what I mean; before everyone disregards my post as idiotic and dumb, send me a link to a match/promo (Anything) that has made you guys the uber Danielson fans you are (Its why I asked the question in the first place ). I've watched his matches with Punk/Aries (In ROH and other federations where he has either represented ROH or been apart of a different fed). Maybe it was just the the small crowd, but no one in the building really cared? I just found his ring work simple.
    His Punk matches have never been regarded as excellent. For whatever reason (Based on my experiences), Punk and Danielson just doesn't seem to have the same sort of chemistry that they have with similar wrestlers (Joe for example). What matches have you seen of Aries/Danielson? They've wrestled so many times that some are naturally average.

I'll send you a PM with 10 or so of Danielson's more well regarded classics.

Okay, I sent the following matches to him:

vs. Low-Ki (Round Robin Challenge)
    vs. Samoa Joe (Midnight Express Reunion)
    vs. Alex Shelley (Arena Warfare)
    vs. Lance Storm (Better Than Our Best)
    vs. Nigel McGuinness (Unified)
    w/Morishima vs KENTA and Nigel McGuinness (Respect is Earned)
    vs. Nigel McGuinness (Driven 2007)
    vs. Morishima (Manhattan Mayhem II)
    w/Austin Aries vs MCMG (Fueling the Fire)
    vs. Jerry Lynn (All Star Extravaganza IV)
    Last edited by Jim; 03-12-2009 at 02:37 AM.

Tommy Got Hacked

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Red View Post
    Can I have that PM? lol

If he watches those matches, surely he will drop the argument that the fans don't care, even if he inexplicably dislikes the matches.
    No, you may search for those 10 matches like any other VIP'er can do. Don't be so lazy. :>_>:

WAKE UP

Status

Danielson and Punk never really met in a "big match" situation IIRC, and yeah they didn't have great chemistry.

People who criticise Danielson obviously havent seen his matches with Nigel, Morishima, Ki, Black or KENTA, to but a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Steventon View Post
    Danielson and Punk never really met in a "big match" situation IIRC, and yeah they didn't have great chemistry.

People who criticise Danielson obviously havent seen his matches with Nigel, Morishima, Ki, Black or KENTA, to but a few.
    For the time being though, lets give Lost a chance. I know there's already one anti-Danielson troll around, but it seems like Lost is willing to give Danielson a fair chance.

King of New York

Status

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan_1986 View Post
    For the time being though, lets give Lost a chance. I know there's already one anti-Danielson troll around, but it seems like Lost is willing to give Danielson a fair chance.
    I'm surprised Jim you didn't give him the Final Battle Match between Him and Morishima from this past 2008 year........Or have you not gotten it yet?

Click As Well

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesman77 View Post
    I'm surprised Jim you didn't give him the Final Battle Match between Him and Morishima from this past 2008 year........Or have you not gotten it yet?
    I have it. I just wanted to give him a diverse taste of what Danielson can do. So I tried not adding too many from the same guy. If he enjoys the Manhattan II match, I can hook him up with the rest of the series. Personally, you can't go wrong with watching the Morishima matches in order.

Thread Information