Results 3,901 to 3,907 of 3907

Thread: Random Wrestling Talk

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Random Wrestling Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    Wait, what? I don’t recall this at all.
    It was in the build to his Summerslam match with Shane McMahon in 2003. He held Linda's arm behind her while he looks at her breasts....

Jam Up Guy

Status

I was never a huge ECW fan back in the day (still not tbh), but was watching some old ECW videos on YouTube last night and had a question about their tag matches.

Was it ever explained why some matches followed tag rules (one man in the ring and the other on the apron) and yet the rest of the match had no rules? I was watching one match that had a table set up in the corner being used as a weapon, and yet partners were still standing on the apron like nice boys because they weren't the "legal man". If there are no DQs, why would you ever bother waiting patiently on the apron for a tag?!

My understanding is that they'd occasionally write it off as "sportsmanship", but then sometimes you had heels abiding by the rules as well, which doesn't really make sense. Was it ever explained why, or was it just one of those things where they didn't have an excuse and everyone just went along with it anyway because tag wrestling is awesome?

That's just inherently the problem with any "No rules" promotion. I know that in the past, The Dudley Boyz have claimed that they only learned how to properly work tag matches after joining the WWE.

If you want a kayfabe explanation for why tag matches would start traditionally in ECW, you could say it was an unofficial deal made between both teams. They'd follow tag rules, allowing for one member of each team to always be resting and aware of what's going on, but the moment one illegal man comes into the ring, the deal's off and you're forced to work the rest of the match brawling. I suppose to ECW's credit, their more wild teams, like The Gangstas just immediately jumped into the ring to start up a garbage brawl. It makes less sense for a team like them to make those unofficial deals than the more traditional tag teams.

This sort of style is what caused me to sour on The Young Bucks. They'd work these really good traditional tag matches, but at the half way point all hell would break loose, ruining the story they had created prior to the hot tag.

MERHABALAR AQ

Status
      Country                    Turkey

I really hate that AJ's move is called Pele Kick and Finn's is called Overhead Kick.

This does look more like how Balor does it and this is a literal Pele Kick.
    Worker bees can leave.
    Even drones can fly away.
    The Queen is their slave.

American Ninja

Status
      Country                    United States

I have been watching ECW Hardcore TV 1994 on Friday/Saturday nights for the past few weeks. I've seen shows here and there from this era and read a lot about it but never properly watched through it in chronological order. Really enjoying it, it's just so fucking 90's it hurts. Especially loved the "Whoop There It Is" music video for 2 Cold Scorpio they played that Summer, that song is a part of my childhood. I don't know if it was just a Houston thing or what but that was THE song for a short period of time when I was a kid, I remember the crowds in the Astrodome chanting "WHOOP! THERE IT IS!" during Oilers games. Thats some deep fucking roots nostalgia right there.

"WHOOP~SHAKA LAKA SHAKA LAKA SHAKA LAKA SHAKA~ WHOOP~ SHAKA LAKA SHAKA LAKA SHAKA LAKA SHAKA~ WHOOP!"
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 12-13-2019 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    I have been watching ECW Hardcore TV 1994 on Friday/Saturday nights for the past few weeks. I've seen shows here and there from this era and read a lot about it but never properly watched through it in chronological order. Really enjoying it, it's just so fucking 90's it hurts. Especially loved the "Whoop There It Is" music video for 2 Cold Scorpio they played that Summer, that fucking song is a part of my childhood. I don't know if it was just a Houston thing or what but that was THE fucking song for a short period of time when I was a kid, I remember the crowds in the Astrodome chanting "WHOOP! THERE IT IS!" during Oilers games. Thats some deep fucking roots nostalgia right there.

"WHOOP~SHAKA LAKA SHAKA LAKA SHAKA LAKA SHAKA~ WHOOP~ SHAKA LAKA SHAKA LAKA SHAKA LAKA SHAKA~ WHOOP!"
    Coincidentally, I started a review of a 1994 ECW event yesterday.

In general, "WHOOP! THERE IT IS!" was huge everywhere, at least in America. It's why Oscar began shouting it during Men on a Mission's entrances.

POWER OF LOOCHA

Status
      Country                    Liechtenstein

Not only America. I have the CD standing in my shelf.

Page 196 of 196 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196

Thread Information