Page 189 of 189 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189
Results 3,761 to 3,773 of 3773

Thread: Random Wrestling Talk

Curtain Jerker

Status

Re: Random Wrestling Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Bischoff's WWE debuts is one of the dumbest moments of 2002 WWE. You had this huge moment that no one would have ever expected to happened and what did the WWE do? They spoiled it in the segment before the big announcement!
    I get not wanting to do any sort of WCW revival storyline after the InVasion was such a spectacular failure, but you still could've done so much more with Bischoff. He ended up being a great heel authority figure (easily the best after Vince), but bringing him in and having he and Vince just hug was a huge missed opportunity. They had only just done the Vince/Flair feud though so were obviously wanting to do something different from that, but they still should've played off the real life rivalry they had that most fans were aware of (unlike the Foley/Flair feud from 2006 that hardly anyone knew the backstory to). Have Stephanie or Shane bring in Bischoff and then have he and Vince feuding for the 2nd half of 2002 where they both form a stable of wrestlers that culminates in a big 5-on-5 Survivor Series elimination match (but then that would be pretty much doing what they did the year before with the InVasion)

Regardless, it was the most obvious and logical way to introduce Bischoff I reckon. It didn't have to be WWE vs WCW. Just make it a personal feud between Vince and Bischoff with sporadic references to the Monday Night Wars but kept focused on their current hatred for each other. It could've been very much like the Vince/Hogan feud from 2003. There were ways it could've worked. It would've been better than the HHH/Kane feud we got for the rest of the year instead.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

So okay. Over the past week or so, I have been watching some early days TNA, all the way back to the first show and pick and choosing some of the best matches, and some of it has been good. So here is a few random thoughts on the shows so far:

It's weird to see AJ Styles this early in his career. You can definitely see why people thought AJ would never go to WWE because he is so bad at acting and promos. Like really bad. Glad he is has improved in that department.

Jerry Lynn is awful and someone I never want to see again. Bland, boring, sloppy wrestler who drags people down in his matches.

Low Ki was by far my MVP of 2002, not AJ. In my opinion, he has outshined AJ in every match they've been in together and his performances in matches like the SATS/Red vs Triple X matches were top notch.

Jeff Jarrett still is good and I enjoy his matches.

You can definitely see when Vince Russo starts getting more control in the company by the product, who gets pushed and the angles and of course, Russo on screen. Bleh.

It's been fun.
    Last edited by MC 16; 01-19-2019 at 11:44 AM.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads
    General Discussion - NJPW The New Beginnings Tour 2019 - Beginners Guide To New Japan - NJPW Year-To-Year MOTY's

"You're not fighting the odds, Eddie. You're fighting me"

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

I don't think AJ Styles became a better wrestler than Low Ki for quite some time yet. No surprise you've enjoyed Low Ki more, tbh. He was one of the best wrestlers in the early-mid 00's, whereas I don't think AJ was a consistently great wrestler.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Oh yeah, it's no surprise to me either. Low Ki was a fantastic wrestler for most of the first half of the 00's whereas AJ had spells of being great. But whilst Low Ki is the better right now, it's easy to see why AJ was the focus point of the division and moved upto the Heavyweights quicker in TNA.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads
    General Discussion - NJPW The New Beginnings Tour 2019 - Beginners Guide To New Japan - NJPW Year-To-Year MOTY's

The Planet's Admin

Status

Yesterday (20th) was the 30th anniversary of the start of the most famous trilogy ever.

Status
      Country                    United States

Gargano and Ciampa was last year.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Remember watching all three matches not too long ago. All of them are still great matches. Well worth setting through in one day if you have the time or energy . It's worth it though as Flair and Steamboat had off the charts chemistry almost always leading to great matches. They even had a classic match at Spring Stampede 1994. A match I put on par with the first match which is my favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    This ain't it, chief.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

The greatest series of matches ever. Even when you check out the handheld footage from their other matches they still rule. The match from Clash VI is still my all time favourite match anywhere.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Remember watching all three matches not too long ago. All of them are still great matches. Well worth setting through in one day if you have the time or energy . It's worth it though as Flair and Steamboat had off the charts chemistry almost always leading to great matches. They even had a classic match at Spring Stampede 1994. A match I put on par with the first match which is my favourite.

This ain't it, chief.
    I was just working Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuck yoooooooooou.

I concur with the fact that the trilogy is a great watch when you see it all in one session.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status

Rewatching Rock & Sock vs. Evolution from WM XX, legit best handicap match ever? What's the competition?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

It's hard to argue it. It's a fantastic match, one of the best matches on the show. My third favourite behind Christian/Jericho and the main event.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Rewatching Rock & Sock vs. Evolution from WM XX, legit best handicap match ever? What's the competition?
    It's the best and nothing else even comes close. There's been bigger handicap matches like The Outsiders vs Sting, Lex Luger, and Macho Man, but nothing better.

Thread Information