Page 175 of 175 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175
Results 3,481 to 3,482 of 3482

Thread: Random Wrestling Talk

Brick Shithouse

Status

Re: Random Wrestling Talk

1999 WWE is car crash television. It's aged about as well as old South Park - very badly. But for the time it was perfect, but looking at it with 2018 eyes doesn't work.

But the main event scene was exciting with fresh, charismatic talent. If you get the top of the card right you always stand a chance.

WCW is shit with 2018 eyes and 1999 eyes. It was awful then and awful now, and didn't have the fresh charismatic main event talent to help them.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Random Wrestling Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    1999 WWE is car crash television. It's aged about as well as old South Park - very badly. But for the time it was perfect, but looking at it with 2018 eyes doesn't work.

But the main event scene was exciting with fresh, charismatic talent. If you get the top of the card right you always stand a chance.

WCW is shit with 2018 eyes and 1999 eyes. It was awful then and awful now, and didn't have the fresh charismatic main event talent to help them.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    One thing I'm noticing watching WCW in 2000 is even with guys like Luger, Hennig, Sting and even Hogan to an extent beginning to loosen their grip on the top of the card, WCW still completely fails to create new stars in the process. Shawn Stasiak beat Hennig at Slamboree and then turned around and lost to GI Bro the next PPV. Palumbo beat down Luger then was completely irrelevant in a month. The Wall was built up huge and then just kinda falls to the wayside as soon as he stops wearing that dumbass shirt and tie. Tank Abbott was probably never going to be anything special but they had no committment to pushing him so he became yet another bit player. Mike Awesome was actually great for the first few months in WCW but I know in a few months he's gonna become the fat chick thriller and there goes his legitimacy. Kidman and Vampiro are the only two guys who through the first half of 2000 have been given a consistent enough push to elevate them a little ways up the card. But they're limited by the fact they're in the New Blood and all the focus is on Russo, Bischoff and Jarrett.

Thread Information