Page 171 of 172 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172 LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,420 of 3436

Thread: Random Wrestling Talk

SAY MY NAME

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Random Wrestling Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    The CONSTANT hyperbole is very real. And it gets worse later in WCW's life span.
    Crocker's alter was on point.

It Was Walpole

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I recently watched my first WCW PPV in full (Bash at the Beach 1996) and first full episode of Nitro (the night after Bash) and I never quite grasped how accurate the Tony Schiavone joke is that he says 'it was the 'XXX' in the history of this great sport' or 'it was the 'XXX' in the history of professional wrestling' all the fucking time during the shows.
    That is really awkward, as I'm watching Bash right now. Now I'll be looking out for this.
    "First the alien, Then the Jew...
    I did no more than you let me do."

- The Hangman, Maurice Ogden

Ongoing Threads:

Grim's Other Threads:

Ambidextrous Birdcatcher

Status

Whatever you do don't closely watch a pinfall in a Nick Patrick refereed match. You won't be able to unsee it. Thanks Jim.

Spoiler:

It Was Walpole

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Whatever you do don't closely watch a pinfall in a Nick Patrick refereed match. You won't be able to unsee it. Thanks Jim.
    Patrick's fucking awful at pinfalls, that's for sure.

Ongoing Threads:

Grim's Other Threads:

Show Off

Status

I recently watched my first WCW PPV in full (Bash at the Beach 1996) and first full episode of Nitro (the night after Bash) and I never quite grasped how accurate the Tony Schiavone joke is that he says 'it was the 'XXX' in the history of this great sport' or 'it was the 'XXX' in the history of professional wrestling' all the fucking time during the shows.
    Big Papa is right, it gets much worse as time goes on, especially as WCW gets more desperate in the later years.

Sweet Meat

Status

at least here and starrcade the next year make sense for the hyperbole. eventually he does it for just about any fucking show

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

I hate to agree with Dook, but if you're ever going to hype up a night as being the biggest of all time and promote Nitro for the following night, it's after the biggest heel turn in wrestling history.

Bash at the Beach 1996 still sucks something fierce though.

SAY MY NAME

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Bash at the Beach 1996 still sucks something fierce though.
    Big Bubba Vs John Tenta in a silver dollars on a pole match will live long in the memory

Big Bubba Vs John Tenta in a silver dollars on a pole match will live long in the memory
    Ugh. And about half of the card you could make a case for being the worst match of the show. If you'd like a superior show from the same time period, the previous month's Great American Bash was quite a bit better (And features an almost okay Tenta/Bubba match!)

Or better yet, fuck this time period and watch something from one of the good years.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Or better yet, fuck this time period and watch something from one of the good years.
    yeah like 2000
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Show Off

Status

Great American Bash 1996 is one of my favourite PPVs ever. Plus it's still got some history for the Outsiders angle too, as that's the show they make their challenge to WCW and attack Bischoff.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

When I first watched WCW, it was around the 96 period (thanks to Rey Mysterio's DVD). I think it's a good time for wrestling. You had some great wrestling with the CW's starting to gain traction, NWO being created as well. Love watching old Nitro's of this period.

And, been watching some old NJPW TV shows before they get taken off RH archive and I rewatched Bob Backlunds title defence against Tatsumi Fujinami on the 01/01/82 Show. I loved it much more then I did the first time round. Most likely due to me watching more and more old school puro since then, being use to the style and pace. The ending is still a problem for me but I recommend the entire match and even the show which has Tiger Mask vs Dynamite Kid on it. Thought it's arguably their worst match against each other.
    Spoiler:

Champion of the Sun

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    When I first watched WCW, it was around the 96 period (thanks to Rey Mysterio's DVD). I think it's a good time for wrestling. You had some great wrestling with the CW's starting to gain traction, NWO being created as well. Love watching old Nitro's of this period.

And, been watching some old NJPW TV shows before they get taken off RH archive and I rewatched Bob Backlunds title defence against Tatsumi Fujinami on the 01/01/82 Show. I loved it much more then I did the first time round. Most likely due to me watching more and more old school puro since then, being use to the style and pace. The ending is still a problem for me but I recommend the entire match and even the show which has Tiger Mask vs Dynamite Kid on it. Thought it's arguably their worst match against each other.
    I totally feel you on that 90s WCW. You can tell there was something special brewing. For me, though, it fell off a couple years later when nWo were involved with literally every fucking thing. I mean, I suppose that was partially the point of the whole nWo but I got sick of potentially good matches ending with Kevin Nash and Scott Hall coming out and kicking the shit out of everybody in sight every week.

Real friends... it's not many of us...

It Was Walpole

Status

If only Nick Patrick didn't fuck up the "most important" moment in WCW history we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Or maybe if WCW learned how to actually put on compelling TV and not spend a shit ton of money on everything that came their way.

Ongoing Threads:

Grim's Other Threads:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    If only Nick Patrick didn't fuck up the "most important" moment in WCW history we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Or maybe if WCW learned how to actually put on compelling TV and not spend a shit ton of money on everything that came their way.
    Even if WCW hadn't somehow screwed up Starrcade 1997, they were still such an awful company. There's no way Hogan wouldn't have still found a way to ruin Sting's reign to get the belt back to him in time. Since WCW didn't book Sting/Hogan at the very peak of Crow Sting's overness and instead dragged things out until Starrcade, they weren't able to capitalize on the WWE World Champion coming into the company and doing the logical thing in giving him the belt. DDP, a guy who had had an amazing 1997, where he went from being a lowcarder to a main eventer, wouldn't even get a taste of the World Title until a year and a half later, long after his peak popularity, making his time as World Champion not as valuable as it could have been. WCW was given a gift from God in the form of Goldberg, and proceeded to book him as a midcard champion before throwing away that gift at Starrcade.

I'm sure I sound like an annoying broken record, but WCW sucked so badly during the nWo era. They lacked even the most basic common sense throughout the entire run of the nWo that would dictate that when a nWo attack happens, the obvious result is that WCW wrestlers come out for the rescue. Instead, that virtually never happened. WCW during this era was so terrible that even their positives had negatives attached to it.

Show Off

Status

In theory 1998 WCW should have been the most stacked main event scene in wrestling history.

Hogan - speaks for himself
    Goldberg - in the summer of 1998 he's the second biggest draw in wrestling.
    Bret Hart - fresh off the buzz of the screwjob.
    Nash - once the nWo split he became one of the most popular wrestlers anywhere
    Sting - again speaks for himself

Add in DDP, Savage, Flair, Luger on the side.

But you couldn't say that any of those were used to their full potential. Already by Starrcade you had Bret and Sting ruined. Goldberg was booked poorly as champion. Nash Vs Hogan could have been the biggest match since Sting Vs Hogan.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Show Off

Status

Been rewatching Wrestlemania 32 today.

Zack Ryder winning the IC title might be one of my favourite Wrestlemania moments. I'm not a big Ryder fan but it's just so heartwarming and wholesome.

SAY MY NAME

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Been rewatching Wrestlemania 32 today.

Zack Ryder winning the IC title might be one of my favourite Wrestlemania moments. I'm not a big Ryder fan but it's just so heartwarming and wholesome.
    I want to hate how they had him drop the title the very next night, but seeing how amazing Miz's IC title run was and how important he was to SD Live in 2016, I'm fine with it.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

It’s a solid moment for sure. Guy gets an opportunity to have an arguably due moment and the payoff is fine.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Hated the moment at the time but the WWE 24 clip of him and how happy he was made me do a u-turn on the whole title win. Not a big fan of "thank you" reigns but that one worked out alright.

Thread Information