Page 168 of 168 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 3350

Thread: Random Wrestling Talk

Re: Random Wrestling Talk

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Yeah you're right it was. Well you still got the Mega Powers and the giant tag match.
    Both Survivor Series 1987 and Survivor Series 1988 has the 10 ten elimination matches, although 1988 is the vastly superior one. Other than Team Demo vs Team Powers of Pain, I don't consider 1988 to be such a good PPV. Every match on Survivor Series 1987 was good in comparison.

~Phenomenal~

Status
      Country                    England

I've been in an AJ Styles reflective mood this week, and as such I went back to watch every TNA pay-per-view match from his heralded 2005 just to see how his best then matches up to his best now. They're all really good matches and showcase AJ's versatility even when he was still early in his career; The X-Division matches showcase that North American Junior Heavyweight style that he was one of the best at, the Abyss and Jarrett matches show what he can do in a heavyweight environment and stuff like Ultimate X and King of the Mountain shows how great he can be in working around wacky TNA stipulations. I made a point to Dylan on twitter that in all these matches, he's bumping around like crazy and it's so mad to see that 12 years later his body is still intact to the point where he can bump like crazy every night of the week. As good as these matches are, I feel like his current day work is stronger and I wouldn't hesitate in calling his great 2016 run in WWE better than his great 2005 in TNA. That is with one exception. His match with Joe at Turning Point 2005 still holds up as one of the best matches in the 21st Century and a perfect match to see two of this generation's greatest wrestlers both putting in career best performances, so I would have to say that still ranks #1 in my mind for AJ's greatest ever match. Usually this time of year I'm scrambling to watch as much modern day wrestling as I can for awards time, but I cannot stop watching old Styles matches at the moment.

Also, a side point. I managed to watch all of these matches on youtube, the majority of them through TNA's official youtube channel. If they want more people to sign up to their network, I would take the vast majority of their best matches off and stick them behind a paywall.
    Last edited by Ed; 11-25-2017 at 08:13 AM.

When the black man talkin

Status

The Turning Point 2005 match is so good. I'd say it's between that and the Abyss match from Lockdown as his best match in his career (and both are no.1 and 2 for best TNA matches ever).

People's Champion

Status

Don't forget his awesome matches in ROH as well. His matches vs Danielson were all great. Loved his tags with Amazing Red vs Briscoes and both his matches vs Roddy.

And of course the three way between him, Lowki and London at 1st year anniversary.

One of my favourites was also Styles and Sydal vs Aries and Roddy from 4th anniversary show.
    Last edited by indyfan; 11-25-2017 at 10:08 AM.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

~Phenomenal~

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    The Turning Point 2005 match is so good. I'd say it's between that and the Abyss match from Lockdown as his best match in his career (and both are no.1 and 2 for best TNA matches ever).
    I'd have Joe at #1 and then Abyss for #2 for best AJ TNA matches from what I've seen so far, but I don't think there's a narrow gap between them, Turning Point takes the biscuit there. I would say there's comfortably a dozen matches or so from 2014-2017 that I would put above the Abyss cage match, but that's not a criticism of the match itself.

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Don't forget his awesome matches in ROH as well. His matches vs Danielson were all great. Loved his tags with Amazing Red vs Briscoes and both his matches vs Roddy.

And of course the three way between him, Lowki and London at 1st year anniversary.

One of my favourites was also Styles and Sydal vs Aries and Roddy from 4th anniversary show.
    I have seen none of these matches I think other than the last run in ROH, the only match I've seen of him in ROH is against Punk. Hopefully Sinclair release the streaming service early in 2018 so I can rectify that.

When the black man talkin

Status

I think AJ vs Joe is his best match, but the Abyss match is his best performance by a considerable distance.

If you're looking for ROH AJ Styles, I would say the early years are very good, but as he hits 2005 and 2006 I always find him to be fairly disappointing and the match would just fall flat to me. He wasn't hitting the heights that other guys in ROH were getting to at the time.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I think AJ vs Joe is his best match, but the Abyss match is his best performance by a considerable distance.

If you're looking for ROH AJ Styles, I would say the early years are very good, but as he hits 2005 and 2006 I always find him to be fairly disappointing and the match would just fall flat to me. He wasn't hitting the heights that other guys in ROH were getting to at the time.
    His match vs Roddy at ROH Fate of an Angel 2005 was awesome and I found was better than the one in 2014. 2006 had AJ vs Danielson at ROH Dissension and the tag I mentioned. I find those 3 were amazing. The aggression in the early going in the Dissension match was off the hook

The other 2 vs Danielson were at All Star Extravaganza and Main Event Spectacles.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

AJ never really did much for me on the indies when he was in TNA. It's not to say he never had good matches, but he's certainly someone who gave off the impression that he only gave his #1 company his full effort. His time in PWG was especially disappointing with his 2005 PWG Title reign being my least favorite PWG Title reign. That piss poor PWG Title/TNA X-Division Title match with Daniels from Jason Takes PWG is still easily the worst PWG Title match ever.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

AJ on the American independent circuit was always a tad bit overrated. There’s a few gems in there but I always found there was more to watch from him in TNA and even his New Japan and WWE runs than ever in ROH, PWG, etc.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    People Obsessed With Nicky: RainShaker, indyfan
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Last Real Man Hype

Status

AJ had a fantastic match with Paul London in ROH, if I recall.

Thread Information