Page 121 of 172 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 3436

Thread: Random Wrestling Talk

BTB Legend

Status

Re: Random Wrestling Talk

The Lashley push, winning the title and getting a major run, was originally planned for Bob Sapp. Talks got pretty serious but Sapp ultimately turned the deal down because he didn't want the schedule required.

BTB Newcomer of the Year 2012
    BTB of the Year 2012

Sweet Meat

Status

That's really interesting.

Lashley is cool tho.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by EgoFantastico View Post
    The Lashley push, winning the title and getting a major run, was originally planned for Bob Sapp. Talks got pretty serious but Sapp ultimately turned the deal down because he didn't want the schedule required.
    That's a shame, I would have loved to have seen Sapp in that role. Certainly much better than Lashley. If talks got that serious, I am surprised they haven't tried to bring him in for a Wrestlemania deal.

THE PENULTIMATE WARRIOR

Status
      Country                    ie=Ireland

Well there's one for the next cancelled moments......

That's really interesting actually. Would've been interesting to see if he'd still do the Extreme Chamber. Didn't Sapp do some other wrestling stuff?
    Spoiler:

Bringin' the hoof to you!

WAKE UP

Status

Sapp had a stint in New Japan, where he even won the IWGP title. He has also worked for HUSTLE and I'm sure IGF as well. Sapp vs Kobashi was actually scheduled to happen in 2005 as well but fell through.

THE PENULTIMATE WARRIOR

Status
      Country                    ie=Ireland

Was he champ for very long?

Also on the topic of one of the other what if things, (The Undertaker being the Eggman) I found this article on how someone would've booked the gimmick. It's cartoony but it's pretty good: Here Comes the Egg Man! - Podswoggle: A Wrestling Website With Entertainment
    Spoiler:

Bringin' the hoof to you!

BTB Legend

Status

Quote Originally Posted by irishwarrior View Post
    Was he champ for very long?
    Sapp was champion for two months but his title run was meant to be much longer. It was cut short because Sapp was kicked into oblivion by Kazuyuki Fujita (a New Japan wrestler with an amateur wrestling background who was being managed by Antonio Inoki to be manipulated into a legit version of Inoki's worked image as this super shooter, a plan that was helped a great deal when Fujita lucked into wins over Mark Kerr and Ken Shamrock) in an MMA fight in the main event of a combine MMA/K-1 show as part of Inoki's disastrous and woefully ill-conceived notion to push New Japan wrestlers into MMA, which ended up doing so much damage to New Japan that it really took them years to recover. Sapp's reign was intended to last for about a year, I think, but he ended up vanishing after getting killed by Fujita and New Japan stripped him of the title and ended up putting on Fujita, which itself led to a disaster of a match when it came time to get title off of Fujita.

BTB of the Year 2012

Dat Boi

Status
      Country                    United States

I heard that Sapp turned WWE down as he was making more money in Japan as it was.

But Sapp vs. Cena would've been AWESOME.

Status

I noticed a lot recently, that a decent amount of people get irritable or annoyed when you bring up wrestling.

A remark I get from a good amount of people is,"I used to watch wrestling back in time when (insert name here) wrestled, but now I don't anymore."

What's really great is when those people say names like The Rock, Kane, Undertaker, Jeff Hardy, etc and then I'm like,"yeah, they're still around."

Status

I noticed a lot recently, that a decent amount of people get irritable or annoyed when you bring up wrestling.

A remark I get from a good amount of people is,"I used to watch wrestling back in time when (insert name here) wrestled, but now I don't anymore."

What's really great is when those people say names like The Rock, Kane, Undertaker, Jeff Hardy, etc and then I'm like,"yeah, they're still around."

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by BenWah View Post

I absolutely hate and love it when I meet a former wrestling fan and they ask how so-and-so is doing nowadays. On one hand, it's not that hard to keep even a passing interest in one wrestler. On the other hand, since they're essentially in the dark about today's wrestling, it gives me the opportunity to make up the most ridiculous lies about said wrestler and convince them of things that would make you lovely board members shake your heads in disappointment. As it turns out, it's quite fun to see exactly how much bullshit someone can swallow before they reach a breaking point.

ಠ_ಠ

Status

Talking to anyone about wrestling is the most annoying thing fucking ever. I once talked to a guy who would go on and on about how it was "fake" but was almost traumatized when Bane beat up Batman in the Dark Knight. Like fucking really?! "I never seen Batman get it taken to him so much"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

Status

I see it from both perspectives sometimes. I can't see being so upset over a completly ficticious movie to the point where I would cry, the same goes with wrestling story lines.

The differences and parallels between wrestling, theater, and movies are pretty close to some degrees. But to the people who don't get it and WRESTLING IS FAKE! It's like trying to explain something to a baby. They'll never get it and you won't get rhough to them.

Sweet Meat

Status

I get the closet fans a lot.

"Yeah man, I used to watch wrestling all the time. Then I grew out of it. But man, Miz vs. Morrison on RAW for the title was awesome. Fuck Miz, real world rip off" - a few weeks post match

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Surprised people even still bother try to argue with the "it's fake" stuff. Really not worth the breath when those same guys will go mark out over an equally fake movie. Hell (Outside Jackie Chan) I dont know many actors who will do their own stunts. At least the Wrestlers do their own stuff. In that sense it's more real than any movie they've seen.

Anyway watch tomorrow night. all the old school/closet Wrestling fans always come back to watch Mania.

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    uk=United Kingdom

As wrestling fans we have had every argument or conversation in the book, at least I have anyway

BTB Legend

Status

A lot of it is simply down to the fact that wrestling is held in such low regard by the general public that they are reluctant if not unwilling to give it real respect. They just see it as fake fighting surrounded by bad acting and don't even begin to try and understand it. They think it's a just a joke and treat it as such. With people like that, as has been said, it's just not worth trying to talk to them. They've made their minds up and aren't able or willing to think any differently.

BTB of the Year 2012

Status

A lot of it is simply down to the fact that wrestling is held in such low regard by the general public that they are reluctant if not unwilling to give it real respect. They just see it as fake fighting surrounded by bad acting and don't even begin to try and understand it. They think it's a just a joke and treat it as such. With people like that, as has been said, it's just not worth trying to talk to them. They've made their minds up and aren't able or willing to think any differently.
    This.

I find a lot of people have an attitude toward pro wrestling that is similar to how many of them feel about MMA and soccer. They are basically just regurgitating stereotypes and misconceptions rather than basing an opinion on logical, considered facts. And I often that these views are rather hypocritical in the sense that what they point out as negatives in one of these, they will find the same dynamic appealing when its in something else.

Dat Boi

Status

So apparently with CM Punk's video to the Smart Marks, the entire IWC has turned into a Bizzaro version of itself. Now people are saying "he's too skinny" "shut up Punk" "he doesn't have the look" "he doesn't deserve to wrestle Undertaker" and all kinds of shit. It's fucking weird.

ಠ_ಠ

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Crippler View Post
    So apparently with CM Punk's video to the Smart Marks, the entire IWC has turned into a Bizzaro version of itself. Now people are saying "he's too skinny" "shut up Punk" "he doesn't have the look" "he doesn't deserve to wrestle Undertaker" and all kinds of shit. It's fucking weird.
    Welcome to the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

Thread Information