Page 120 of 172 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 3436

Thread: Random Wrestling Talk

On Vacation

Status

Re: Random Wrestling Talk

The heel turn where he joined the Corporation kill his character, just as the company started to shift away from being wrestling and being soap opera. A Ken Shamrock character is someone a Vince Russo just goes blank with and as a result he got lost in the shuffle. Originally he was over as a killer and he got some massive reaction at the end of 1997 and into 1998.

Dat Boi

Status
      Country                    United States

So apparently Generico's NXT name is....Sammy Sane. Sammy....Sane? SAMMY SANE? SAMMY?! SANE?! GOD. DAMN. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

On Vacation

Status

WWE are fucking retards. His gimmick was so over on the Indies and by watching Ryback the fans in their audience will eat up the chant during his entrance. They had gold in their hands and blew it.

Black Mass

Status

There's a good chance some of the more indy-conscience fans in the WWE audience will begin to chant "Ole" once they see him, and ultimately have it catch on. Hard to tell though.

On Vacation

Status

I hope they do...might force the WWE to let him be El Generico

Dat Boi

Status

Nope, WWE'll put him on Smackdown so they can edit any chants into dead silence.

Sweet Meat

Status

Yeah, because that's realistic.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

WAKE UP

Status

I'm surprised the fake Mexican gimmick got as far as it did on the indys, let alone in the WWE.

Dat Boi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Merle Dixon View Post
    Yeah, because that's realistic.
    With a name like Sammy Sane, it's obvious that they WANT him to fail.

Sweet Meat

Status

People said the same about Dean Ambrose. A whole lot of people. Even on this very website. And Dolph Ziggler. And Fandango.

Plus, they could always change the name.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Dat Boi

Status

Fandango works because it's a pretentious dancer's name. Dolph Ziggler is just ridiculous enough to work. Same with Dean Ambrose. But Sammy Sane is just so...boring.

Status

Generico without the name, mask, and gimmick just makes no sense.

WAKE UP

Status

Why does it make no sense? He is a talented worker but the gimmick is kinda indyrific.

I am the Outlaw

Status

I think the gimmick could really work in WWE in a midcard face role, but obviously it couldn't be taken seriously. I'll reserve judgement on whatever it is they're doing with him instead.

I've been accused of being a lot of things, inarticulate ain't one of them

Last Real Man Hype

Status

If a gimmick that dumb on the surface and requiring so much suspension of disbelief can work for the IWC, I don't see why it wouldn't work for WWE's audience. Generico's pretty much tailor-made for kids and doesn't make "Canadian luchador" his entire being to the point where he can't be taken seriously by older kids and adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

I've been seeing these commericals for the new Bioshock video game on TV lately. The commerical is playing with Nico Vega's "Beast" song playing in the background. Every time I hear it, I can't help but wonder how no one in wrestling is using this as a theme? It sounds like such a natural wrestling theme. Hell, the lyrics even sound like a perfect theme for a bad ass Hulk Hogan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zaRrKf-WAc

Some indy wrestler needs to grab this for a theme song before I pay some homeless person to get into the business just so I can hear this as a theme song.

THE PENULTIMATE WARRIOR

Status
      Country                    ie=Ireland

Irishwarriorpresents..... more wrestling storylines/characters that never came tobe!

Yeah,I've found some more. These are a little more well known (at least Ithink)

1.The Undertaker was originally supposed to be the Eggman.
    Onthe night The Undertaker debuted, another character, one written inthe history books of Wrestlecrap, the Gobbledy Gooker debutedhatching from a giant egg being hauled around from show to show.Apparently, the original plan was for the Undertaker to debut as theEggman hatching from the giant egg. It was being considered for awhile until it was shot down as they thought it was tooridiculous.

2.Christian was supposed to be behind the 'attacks' on Jeff Hardy in2008/2009.
    Thenit was leaked on the internet and they changed it to Matt. Otherreports I read said it was supposed to lead to a TLC match with Edgeand Christian reuniting to take The Hardy Boys.

3.If Hulk Hogan refused to turn heel, then Sting was hinted to becomethe third man.

4. Dude Love's dream cometrue.
    Although MickFoley hashad numerous crowning moments in his career, his first book Have aNice Day notes that he did end up missing on one that would have beenthe highlight of his Dude Love persona. In Summerslam 1997 Mankindwas wrestling TripleH ina cage match. Mankind was supposed to go through a personalitychange, rip off his shirt revealing a heart tattoo on his chest anddo a dive off the top of the cage as per the fantasy of Dude Love.Unfortunately Mick forgot to get the tattoo done (and the substitute,done with body paint, had been sweated off), and he was too bruisedup to do a proper dive resulting in many a confused fan.

5.There were plans for a Mankind vs Undertaker match...... on AlcatrazIsland

6. The Spirit Squad: Nicky, Kenny, Johnny, Mitchand.... Elijah?
    DolphZiggler said during his interview on the Art of Wrestling podcast(which you should check out, if you already haven't) that ElijahBurke was meant to be a member of the Spirit Squad..

7.San-Eye
    Duringher time in WWE Development, Shantelle Taylor (TNA Knockout TaylorWilde) wrestled in several dark matches under a mask under the nameSan-Eye. The story goes she would've become a big part of theCruiserweight division, eventually becoming the champion beforeunmasking revealing her to be a woman.

8.Million Dollar Man.... WWF Champion.
    TedDiBiase wassupposed to win the WWF title at Wrestlemania IV. The problem wasthat RandySavagewas supposed to win the Intercontinental Title from theHonky Tonk Man at an earlier Saturday Night's Main Event. Honky,however, refused to drop the title and threatened to quit the companyand sign with the NWA.Honky was allowed to keep the title, so now Savage was upset, soSavage was given the WWF title at Wrestlemania. DiBiase was nowupset, but apparently not enough since he was given the MillionDollar Belt as compensation.

9.13-1
    TheUndertaker and Kurt Angle faced off at No Way Out 2006 for the WorldHeavyweight Championship. According to Angle, the original plan wasfor them to face off at Wrestlemania with Angle goingover. Takerwas apparently okay with this as he felt he never had a five starmania match and was willing to take the loss if he could have a greatmatch and creative were willing to do it as it would of made Anglelook crazy strong as the Champion.

10. Women'sDivision.... what might of been
    Inlate 1993, the WWF decided to revive the previously inactive Women'sChampionship by bringing in Madusa, under the new name AlundraBlayze, who would win the title in December of that year. A fewmonths later, in 1994, the WWF brought in legendary AJW wrestlerBull Nakano to face off against Blayze, and the two would engage in aheated rivalry that lasted throughout the rest of the year andproduced good matches. In 1995, the WWF signed Rhonda Singh, bringingher in as vicious yet comedic heel Bertha Faye, the trailer trashgirlfriend of Harvey Wippleman. Since Blayze would be out for a fewmonths getting plastic surgery after Faye broke her nose in herdebut, the plan was for Faye to feud with Bull until Blayze returnedand then build the division up from there. However, Bull was found inpossession of cocaine and subsequently fired, leaving Faye without afeud, and by the end of the year, frustrated with her gimmick andbeing told she couldn't perform her signature powerbomb as Sycho Sidwas using it as his FinishingMove, Singh had left. At Survivor Series 1995, WWF brought inmore women from AJW (Sakie Hasegawa, Chaparita ASARI, Kyoko Inoue,Aja Kong, Tomoko Watanabe and Lioness Asuka) with the intention ofbuilding Aja Kong up as Blayze's next challenger, as she picked upwins over the next few weeks on Monday Night Raw and was scheduled toface Blayze for the belt at the 1996 Royal Rumble. However, Blayzedid not like Kong, who was notoriously stiff, and refused to workwith her, instead sitting out the last month of her contract andrefusing to re-sign while she was still champion. The WWF abandonedits women's division before bringing it back three years later. It'sa story full of what ifs: would the plan to build a solid divisionaround Bull, Faye and Blayze have succeeded if Bull hadn't beenfired? Would fan interest have continued if the Blayze/Kong feud hadgone off as planned, and if so, would WWE keep the focus on bringingin actual women wrestlers (be it American girls, Japanese joshi orMexican luchadoras)?

Theending of this was of course Blayze showing up on Nitro and throwingthe title in the trash. The real kick in the pants though is thatthis is believed to be the reason Vince McMahon didn't trust BretHart when he was leaving the company and resulted to the MontrealScrewjob. Speaking of which.....

11.Screwed: The Bret Hart Story
    HadBret not made up with Vince McMahon in 2006, the DVD Documentaryreleased that year about him would've been done in the same way asThe Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior, designed to make Bretlook bad.

12.Paul Heyman's TNA
    In2010, Paul Heyman was approached to become a booker for TNA. Hisplan? Take the company global in two years by cutting every one overforty (besides one for name value), build around newer talent, plusoutright steal Bryan Danielson after his firing from the WWE,building Bryan up as an unstoppable submission machine with aneventual showdown with Kurt Angle. Dixie turned him down out ofloyalty to the older dudes.

Inaddition to this, Paul's original plan for the December to DismemberChamber match was to use UFC style vignettes to build up theparticipants in the weeks leading up to it (they were filmed, butnever used) and then in the actual match have CM Punk choke out andeliminate ECW Champion Big Show in the first five minutes. The ideawas supported by Show but hated by Vince.
    Spoiler:

Bringin' the hoof to you!

Status

I would like to see how WWE would repackage him for the mainstream audience. But I think a slightly modified version of his long standing gimmick would work in current WWE. Plus it would be a good light hearted and entertaining face character as opposed to someone like Miz.

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by irishwarrior View Post
    Inaddition to this, Paul's original plan for the December to DismemberChamber match was to use UFC style vignettes to build up theparticipants in the weeks leading up to it (they were filmed, butnever used) and then in the actual match have CM Punk choke out andeliminate ECW Champion Big Show in the first five minutes. The ideawas supported by Show but hated by Vince.
    First time I've heard this one. Very cool idea, also cool that Show was down with it. OF COURSE it's an idea Vince would hate though, and we had to suffer the big Lashley push.

THE PENULTIMATE WARRIOR

Status
      Country                    ie=Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    First time I've heard this one. Very cool idea, also cool that Show was down with it. OF COURSE it's an idea Vince would hate though, and we had to suffer the big Lashley push.
    God that Lashley push was terrible. I think Show was on his way out soon after so that might explain it.

There's no Spacecore Hollys in these but I think the Taker/Mankind match on Alcatraz would've been brilliant.
    Spoiler:

Bringin' the hoof to you!

Thread Information