Page 697 of 697 FirstFirst ... 197597647687695696697
Results 13,921 to 13,924 of 13924

Thread: The BTB Discussion Thread

t h e o g

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

Don't make Hogan the third man. Make it your own. Just my take on it.

Haha I'm just assuming that's the dilemma.

Chilled Out Entertainer

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmc123 View Post
    Guys... i need advice... or more like i need yall to talk me out of something... im writing the main event for BATB and i just got to a point that i could totally change the storyline up... like i wrote myself into it... but i dont wanna do it bc it destroys the stories i wanna tell, but opens up a whole realm of possibilities
    Bad time to run into a dilemma! I mean, try on the new direction a little and think about the knock on effect it’ll have on future storylines and the direction of your roster for the guys the new change would effect. If the new idea ends up being a great ‘moment’ that ultimately fucks up everything else you’ve got planned, it may not be worth it. Ultimately, if the new idea is one that excites you more as a writer and is workable for the future of your thread, go for it.

Spoiler:

BEING THE BOOKER

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    Wales

If it is the dilemma that Rant talks about I guess it’s the downfall of booking a period where something so big, and so game-changing happened. I guess you are worried about predictability but for me this moment is the one that changed the industry.

Ultimately it is your project and like Wolf said just look towards the future and see if things pan out better. Hate to see you pull the trigger on something and regret it.

Doubting El Dandy

Status

To echo what everyone else has said, I'd say keep thinking it over. Think on it for a bit, sleep on it, and see if you still love both ideas. If the choice is between something crazy fun that fucks everything else up, or something decent but fits the stories you are telling, then it depends on the degree to which you're open to having everything else fucked up.

So, if this is about the third man, it's about deciding how exciting is this different third man vs what does that mean for Hogan and the rest of that story going forward.

I have had a similar dilemma on mine on three occasions. A moment where, depending on the path I take, the story takes very different directions. In one case I rolled the dice and basically ripped up half a dozen existing plans, because I thought it was the more logical yet exciting direction. In another case I ended up finding a halfway house between the two ideas that, ultimately has led to a far more interesting scenario in itself. In the third, I stuck with the original plan because the consequence of changing it would have essentially ruined an important character for good. So have a think and go with whatever you think is best for that scenario. And remember this is just a bit of fun!

Thread Information