Page 663 of 663 FirstFirst ... 163563613653661662663
Results 13,241 to 13,256 of 13256

Thread: The BTB Discussion Thread

  1. #13241
    Underdog
    Bigmc123's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    200
    Rep Power
    22626

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    How has everyone been... im having a dilemma.. i feel that i wanna write a invasion BTB but i have so many ideas for EWA that isnt going get shown.. however, i feel that i need to do a Real Life BTB in this board... i think i may do like a eulogy to EWA where i just post what all my plans for EWA was so i can get some feedback.. but idk what to really do, so i open it up to yall... What say you?

  2. #13242
    Legit
    TWG's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    830
    Rep Power
    45005
      Country                    UK

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmc123 View Post
    How has everyone been... im having a dilemma.. i feel that i wanna write a invasion BTB but i have so many ideas for EWA that isnt going get shown.. however, i feel that i need to do a Real Life BTB in this board... i think i may do like a eulogy to EWA where i just post what all my plans for EWA was so i can get some feedback.. but idk what to really do, so i open it up to yall... What say you?
    I’d go ahead with the eulogy idea if you’re 100% certain that you’re never going to want to go back to the thread in the future. I did a similar thing when I decided that I wasn’t going to carry on the thread I’d spent the best part of 4 years writing.




  3. #13243
    Underdog
    Keefmoon's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    258
    Rep Power
    87439
      Country                    Europe

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    Is anyone else having a problem pasting something in using the "paste with Word" function, then changing the source mode? I need to submit by KOBTB entry but when I paste in my code-formatted piece it won't let me convert the coding in to actual formatting.

    Any thoughts on what I can do to get it to work?




  4. #13244
    Forever The Revival
    Matrix's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    584
    Rep Power
    30154

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    I'm having the oddest issue with writing No Mercy for my thread, I can't find a way to make the pre show panel segments not suck. I don't wanna leave them out because it would feel odd, but I may end up summing up the pre show because of it.

  5. #13245
    No Easy Way Out
    Wolf Beast's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    621
    Rep Power
    194052
      Country                    Ireland

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Keefmoon View Post
    Is anyone else having a problem pasting something in using the "paste with Word" function, then changing the source mode? I need to submit by KOBTB entry but when I paste in my code-formatted piece it won't let me convert the coding in to actual formatting.

    Any thoughts on what I can do to get it to work?
    I’m far from a technical whizz, so I’m probably not much use here, but could it be an issue with the browser you’re using?

  6. #13246
    Underdog
    Keefmoon's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    258
    Rep Power
    87439
      Country                    Europe

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Beast View Post
    I’m far from a technical whizz, so I’m probably not much use here, but could it be an issue with the browser you’re using?
    Yeah I tried 3 different browsers and had 3 different issues in each?! I managed to get it 99% how it was supposed to look so just went with that. Very random...




  7. #13247
    Jobber
    Raye's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    16460
      Country                    Canada

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    I wanna write so bad but school is absolutely kicking my ass zzz

  8. #13248
    Huggin' It Out!
    Hug Life's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    542
    Rep Power
    40218

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    That moment when you blow through the biggest hurdle on your PPV





  9. #13249
    Mid-Card Champion
    Gambit's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    752
    Rep Power
    28639

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    As I’m writing recaps for my BTB and it’s a fantasy promotion, I’ve been mulling back and forth on what to do with the use of WWE named superstars. In PWE’s world cannon WWE folded. Drew Galloway was on the indies when I started the project so I used that name. I’ve changed Dolph Ziggler’s name to his real name and cited the trademark expired and when they went to renew someone else snatched it up.

    Though people like Reigns, Gable, Jordan, and Big E to name a few I’m wondering I’m debating if I should keep their names or not. From a marketing stand point, Roman Reigns sound way better than Joe Anoa’i. Though I’ve thought maybe combining shoot and working names like Joe Reigns (Joey Reigns lol). Is it silly to pick and choose who keeps the name and who changes or does it honestly matter? Cause despite this being a fantasy promotion and fantasy booking, I still kinda wanna root it in some realism to a degree.

  10. #13250
    Main Eventer
    Sykotic's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    8,430
    Rep Power
    276975
      Country                    Wales

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    To answer your question Gambit I think you should possibly be a little creative with the naming of your stars as even though the WWE has folded (which is a little unrealistic in the modern world although I have no qualms with it) they would possibly still possess all the intellectual property like footage, names and the such.

    Not sure whether PWE have the clout to 'buy out' the names of the established superstars.

  11. #13251
    Mid-Card Champion
    Gambit's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    752
    Rep Power
    28639

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post
    Not sure whether PWE have the clout to 'buy out' the names of the established superstars.
    And one of the ways I’ve thought about that is maybe to relieve some debt McMahon would sell off things like the trademarks of names, music and such. But that is a lazy way around it. Though stretching the creative juices could be benifcial. Just since I’ve already established using the names gonna have to think of an explanation for the changes.

  12. #13252
    Drink the Kool-Aid

    Stojy's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,105
    Rep Power
    204068

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    I'm a little old school when it comes to created feds and anybody who books a created fed and has seen my feedback would know that. I dislike anybody using WWE based names if it's not a WWE based thread, including theme songs, trademarks, all sorts. Just don't like it, as the greatest challenge in a created fed is getting your talent over whether new character/name, as well as establishing your weekly shows, when to pull super shows, PPV's and all that jazz.

    In my opinion, when it comes down to just booking and writing shows, created feds are easier, because you're not limited to the standard WWE structure and you almost always have something of a dream roster to play with. So yeah, I like all WWE based stuff to be out, only exception is if the wrestler never debuted with the WWE. For example, if you signed Mr. Kennedy in 2003, no issues with running with that because it's before he debuted in WWE anyway.

    I got a bit off topic here but my basic opinion in one line is: the more creative the better, as long as it's is within reason.









  13. #13253
    BRAUUUUUUN
    SaveUsTy2J's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    663
    Rep Power
    17833
      Country                    United States

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    What’s people’s thoughts on/history with subtle “trademarks” in writing? I guess that’s vague but like, outside of every thread or whatever, as a writer personally, what’s something that you do that people don’t pick up on about your writing that you add for yourself and why?

    For me I like to connect things before they’re officially together if that makes sense. I feel like it’s super hard to tell because it’s niche, but typically it’s a rule that works. If I have two people in mind, and I want them to have a feud, I put their segments back to back so readers subconsciously pair them up and the feud can flow better once it starts because it feels like two segments bleeding together. This especially works for angles right after a match, as it cleanses the palette for some while the aftermath can be overlooked if you just cut it straight off.

    This may not make sense to anybody, but more often than not I find it helps writing a show of everything can weave together rather than doing a lot of start stop programs. Thoughts?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We're just some grizzled, young vets...



  14. #13254
    Curtain Jerker
    GavinJ1899's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0
      Country                    United States

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    hi! i joined a while back and attempted to start up a thread but i underestimated how much work actually went into writing out the shows, and with other stresses, things fell apart before they even began. now, i kinda have that itch to write something and i've come up with an idea that i don't think has been done here before: a btb that uses active fan feedback through voting to determine the outcomes of matches, directions of characters, and etc.

    for example, wrestler a comes out and argues with wrestler b, wrestler c, and wrestler d. the gm comes out and has to make a choice: book a tag match, a fatal four way, or two separate singles matches. some choices would have a giant impact on the events afterwards while some may not be as dramatic---but every choice would matter.

    if this isn't the thread to ask this type of question or discuss something like this, feel free to remove the comment. my main goal is to see if there's any interest in this idea before i go ahead and create a thread around it. thanks for reading!

  15. #13255
    Drink the Kool-Aid

    Stojy's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,105
    Rep Power
    204068

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SaveUsTy2J View Post
    What’s people’s thoughts on/history with subtle “trademarks” in writing? I guess that’s vague but like, outside of every thread or whatever, as a writer personally, what’s something that you do that people don’t pick up on about your writing that you add for yourself and why?

    For me I like to connect things before they’re officially together if that makes sense. I feel like it’s super hard to tell because it’s niche, but typically it’s a rule that works. If I have two people in mind, and I want them to have a feud, I put their segments back to back so readers subconsciously pair them up and the feud can flow better once it starts because it feels like two segments bleeding together. This especially works for angles right after a match, as it cleanses the palette for some while the aftermath can be overlooked if you just cut it straight off.

    This may not make sense to anybody, but more often than not I find it helps writing a show of everything can weave together rather than doing a lot of start stop programs. Thoughts?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As a writer, I've never really felt the need for it or even really thought about it.

    As a reader, If I don't pick up on it, I'm happy. If I do pick up on it (it has happened before, not necessarily your thread but just in general), then sometimes the big moment where the feuding wrestlers first meet or really start their beef feels really anticlimactic. When it's a long term angle with a pay off it's fine, but sometimes for shock value stuff, this impacts my experience as a reader.

    Quote Originally Posted by GavinJ1899 View Post
    hi! i joined a while back and attempted to start up a thread but i underestimated how much work actually went into writing out the shows, and with other stresses, things fell apart before they even began. now, i kinda have that itch to write something and i've come up with an idea that i don't think has been done here before: a btb that uses active fan feedback through voting to determine the outcomes of matches, directions of characters, and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinJ1899 View Post

    for example, wrestler a comes out and argues with wrestler b, wrestler c, and wrestler d. the gm comes out and has to make a choice: book a tag match, a fatal four way, or two separate singles matches. some choices would have a giant impact on the events afterwards while some may not be as dramatic---but every choice would matter.

    if this isn't the thread to ask this type of question or discuss something like this, feel free to remove the comment. my main goal is to see if there's any interest in this idea before i go ahead and create a thread around it. thanks for reading!


    I think an interactive thread is an awesome idea. I've read some threads in the past that dabble with this here and there, but it's never really a full time thing. Either way, I'm all for it.









  16. #13256
    Chikara Trainee
    RatedR31's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    130
    Rep Power
    9001
      Country                    United States

    Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

    Getting to Gavin's idea I think it could be an interesting one although an interactive BTB seems to be more work than a regular BTB. Yes, you're letting the reader decide outcomes but let's say for example I want to push Seth Rollins because I'm comfortable writing Rollins but the reader wants me to push Bray and I might not be comfortable writing that character. The thread to me would suffer.

    Didn't someone have a Cyber Sunday PPV that was going to be all based on the readers and it was never posted. Who was that again?

    Edit: It was Order. I was interested to see how that worked out. Wanted to see if Swagger was going to continue his reign or Trips was going to bury him


    -ICONIC-

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •