Page 655 of 658 FirstFirst ... 155555605645653654655656657 ... LastLast
Results 13,081 to 13,100 of 13142

Thread: The BTB Discussion Thread

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Bananas View Post
    Would definitely fill in my own storylines to go with the results, I just think it'd be kinda fun to write the storylines for the sometimes random results that TEW produces lol
    Then I say go for it

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Agreed that the idea sounds like a good one, and could make for some really unique stuff. Plus, the more threads in the section, the more chance of even more quality work. I'm going to stop saying more now and hope you run with this idea.

Squash Fodder

Status
      Country                    England

Due to the severely recapped nature of my BTB, I am currently part way through 2007 and have the rest of the year planned out for both rosters. However once I reach Wrestlemania 24, I only have a vague outline for the period between WM 24 and WM 25

My own low confidence in my writing ability keeps me from writing out detailed shows, so any advice would be helpful

Legit

Status
      Country                    UK

My advice would be to just go for it. The only way you’ll improve is by giving it a go and finding something that works for you. Plus people will give you tips on formatting etc. as you go along.

Chikara Trainee

Status

Question for the masses:

What is the longest storyline you've written in a BTB, like from start to end. I have a huge storyline with Baron Corbin beginning the first Raw of 2017 to WrestleMania of that year. Definitely the longest I've ever done, even if I'm only writing Raw in my thread it's still tiresome to get the story flowing through months and months of episodes.

-ICONIC-

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSupremeMal View Post
    Due to the severely recapped nature of my BTB, I am currently part way through 2007 and have the rest of the year planned out for both rosters. However once I reach Wrestlemania 24, I only have a vague outline for the period between WM 24 and WM 25

My own low confidence in my writing ability keeps me from writing out detailed shows, so any advice would be helpful
    My advice: own your style. I don't think I have a particularly technically sound grasp on writing but I have something I feel works for me and I think I put my own stamp on things that way. Rarely do I read a BTB and think about how poor the writing is. It's all about getting the message across and making it personal. Shout out to EZ3 too, I love the way he writes matches, almost like he's narrating them. Just do you.

Squash Fodder

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RatedR31 View Post
    Question for the masses:

What is the longest storyline you've written in a BTB, like from start to end. I have a huge storyline with Baron Corbin beginning the first Raw of 2017 to WrestleMania of that year. Definitely the longest I've ever done, even if I'm only writing Raw in my thread it's still tiresome to get the story flowing through months and months of episodes.
    I'm guessing you mean like a one v one type story. Personally, longest I've managed to go is probably my women's mystery attacker storyline which if I continued now, would still have the side effects reverberating through and owning the show at roughly 6 months (show time). I also had The Miz v. Daniel Bryan continuing on, which would've at least gone from essentially SummerSlam to WrestleMania so about 7 or 8 months maybe. I also had other plans to extend it in different possible ways to make it a year or more.

Otherwise, a few tag storylines that intertwined with others, world title stories, a slow build up of a top contender and such all were 4-6 months as well but had interwoven stories. I tend to see one v. one storylines less and more of a character arc for each individual and what this then does to their character next and how they interact with others, etc. It tended to make my stories last a lot longer, personally, because I was becoming invested in the individual more so than one storyline that once it ended could make me get more bored.

Which on that note, I'm hopeful to be returning to the section and to my SmackDown Live project in the not-too-distant future. Started on an NXT-based project with another year-long story planned out and realized, while I love it and would love to do it sometime, I miss writing for SDL and the stories I was producing there.

Wasting time forever

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by RatedR31 View Post
    Question for the masses:

Even though they haven’t been in each other’s way for the entire time, I’ve had at least an underlying issue between John Cena and Christian for 18 months, thread time, with a pretty consistent arc for both plotted over that period. That’s probably the longest storyline for me that I can think of.

http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=165683
    BEING THE BOOKER

COMING SOON (hopefully)

The Boneless

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by JayWhy75 View Post
    Which on that note, I'm hopeful to be returning to the section and to my SmackDown Live project in the not-too-distant future. Started on an NXT-based project with another year-long story planned out and realized, while I love it and would love to do it sometime, I miss writing for SDL and the stories I was producing there.
    Finally!!....Woulda been cool to see what you had planned for NXT , but I too miss your SDL thread! Elimination Chamber looked like it was gonna be awesome!

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    Wales

Hoping to get back into writing this week. Been lazy with football season restarting and Mafia seems to have taken up some of my time that I'm hoping I can resist the temptation to go back into in the near future.

With my current Smackdown I'm unsure whether to write out full dialogue or recap the segments just for that show alone as I've stagnated on it for over a month now.

BRAUUUUUUN

Status

Finally decided to open my Non-Wrestling thread I've had in the works for like a year. Pumped to get it started and I feel like it will help with my Impact one, because when I'm blocked for one I can write the other
    We're just some grizzled, young vets...

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JayWhy75 View Post
    I'm guessing you mean like a one v one type story. Personally, longest I've managed to go is probably my women's mystery attacker storyline which if I continued now, would still have the side effects reverberating through and owning the show at roughly 6 months (show time). I also had The Miz v. Daniel Bryan continuing on, which would've at least gone from essentially SummerSlam to WrestleMania so about 7 or 8 months maybe. I also had other plans to extend it in different possible ways to make it a year or more.

Otherwise, a few tag storylines that intertwined with others, world title stories, a slow build up of a top contender and such all were 4-6 months as well but had interwoven stories. I tend to see one v. one storylines less and more of a character arc for each individual and what this then does to their character next and how they interact with others, etc. It tended to make my stories last a lot longer, personally, because I was becoming invested in the individual more so than one storyline that once it ended could make me get more bored.

I'd argue that I was close to your biggest fan on here so would love for that thread to come back. Can't wait.

Hoping to get back into writing this week. Been lazy with football season restarting and Mafia seems to have taken up some of my time that I'm hoping I can resist the temptation to go back into in the near future.

With my current Smackdown I'm unsure whether to write out full dialogue or recap the segments just for that show alone as I've stagnated on it for over a month now.
    Syk my man, no issue with the odd recapped show here and there if it means you'll progress further. Write the way that is best for your current situation/hurdles and just bloody get to Summerslam already.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I agree. Recaps if you’re in a jam is better than nothing. I’m actually enjoying the recap style and whenever it is I decide to start a new project, I may use that.

Red n White Army!

Status

Hey ... I don't often do this but I'm struggling for a name for a group in my BTB. If I had three young up-and-coming stars who banded together to form a stable, what could I call it? I'm knocking about words like future, destiny, inevitability and a bunch of other words on a similar theme. They would be a cocky heel group if that helps. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

BOOOOOOOM! #SUFC

Squash Fodder

Status

Quote Originally Posted by GCB View Post
    Hey ... I don't often do this but I'm struggling for a name for a group in my BTB. If I had three young up-and-coming stars who banded together to form a stable, what could I call it? I'm knocking about words like future, destiny, inevitability and a bunch of other words on a similar theme. They would be a cocky heel group if that helps. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    Youth of the Nation. Was a heel group I was actually in

Wasting time forever

Status
      Country                    Ireland

I'm awful at coming up with names for groups/tag teams, but I'll throw out a suggestion anyway; The Rising.

http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=165683
    BEING THE BOOKER

COMING SOON (hopefully)

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Beast View Post
    I'm awful at coming up with names for groups/tag teams, but I'll throw out a suggestion anyway; The Rising.
    You couldn’t even write this... I repped him with the name The Uprising.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Inevitability is an immediate no for me. Just far too big a word. Needs to be something punchy like Legacy, Evolution etc... If it is a heel group who are young and cocky I'd also avoid the word 'Future' as if they really are cocky they'll view themselves as already being the big thing right now.

Other than that, I'd need to know who was in the group to suggest a name, but the above advice would still stand.

Red n White Army!

Status

As soon as I saw “The Rising”, I thought about “The Uprising “ instead. Then saw Syk had had the same thought. Open to any more suggestions still though. Don’t wanna reveal who it will be though.

BOOOOOOOM! #SUFC

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    Philippines

How does a BTB work? I tried planning one, but i couldn't find a way to continue it. Is there like a specific format for these threads?

Thread Information