Page 641 of 661 FirstFirst ... 141541591631639640641642643651 ... LastLast
Results 12,801 to 12,820 of 13210

Thread: The BTB Discussion Thread

WWF- 1991 And Beyond

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

I also use word and chrome, but I don’t format it with fonts/colors/bold until I paste it onto here. I’ve never had a problem with it like that. I’d try to just write it plain in word then format here. Hope that helps man.

WWF-1991 and Beyond- The Road to Survivor Series Begins!
    http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=169069

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    Wales

Quote Originally Posted by RatedR31 View Post
    Grrrrr....I need to know what web browser you guys are using to post your shows/how you post them.

Normally when I do it I type everything in word and it spaced/bolded/colored in word (inside a 1x1 table to keep the formatting when I post here) and then I usually copy and paste that table. When I use IE some words don't space properly. When I use google chrome I get some weird symbol next to periods or near quotes and apostrophes. Also when using Google chrome sometimes it destroys my format makes some words different colors or some words smaller text (my new show I posted is a perfect example). All these formatting issues whether its the site or me is really annoying especially since it takes me like an hour and a half/two hours to fix to somewhat get it presentable. Can anyone point me to a solution please.

Edit: Also my paragraphs are never space out like a normally do in word and I have to do that as well when posting on the site.
    I double up on the paragraph spaces as the site always seems to delete one.

I also had issues with format changes so I just developed using BB Code in my original drafts so that everything transfers easily. Don’t get any formatting issues anymore.

Rusev Day

Status
      Country                    England

Yeah I just code it all in Word and paste it across and have no problems at all.
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Underdog

Status

My main issue is it seems to just lose spaces randomly which can be a pain to go through and sort

Status

Quote Originally Posted by roy mustang View Post
    My main issue is it seems to just lose spaces randomly which can be a pain to go through and sort
    Do you switch Editor to Source Mode? Its the top left button on the Quick Reply. It shows coding, and always seems to be the better way to paste things.

Underdog

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Do you switch Editor to Source Mode? Its the top left button on the Quick Reply. It shows coding, and always seems to be the better way to paste things.
    I have never tried that before. I will try that next I post a show and see it that works better. Thank you

Status

Quote Originally Posted by roy mustang View Post
    I have never tried that before. I will try that next I post a show and see it that works better. Thank you
    I don't even write basic posts like this in WYSIWYG mode. Show Code just works easier IMO.

Chikara Trainee

Status

Thanks for all the feedback. Hopefully have it solved when the next show is posted

-ICONIC-

White Iverson

Status
      Country                    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by keefmoon View Post
    For those of you who don't write summary-based BTBs, how long does it take you to write your weekly shows and PPVs?

I made my WCW BTB a summary-based one to save time (for me and the readers), but I'm finding the lack of detail quite challenging. I love all the little character touches and stuff that you can throw in when you are doing full weekly shows, and I've had a few bits in my BTB that are awesome in my head, but without the detail I can't get them across as well as I'd like. But then again, I don't want to end up posting one show a month because it takes so long to write!
    The lack of detail is a true pain in the butt later on but in the early stages you can get away with it. Take Thunder in my thread for example. It starts off being significantly under 1000 words per episode. Then it slowly inches forward and begins to break the 1000 word mark. It's a rule I put in place to stop myself getting sick of writing the thread, keeps things progressing rather than having Thunder be a full show, however as the thread goes further into my own world it requires Thunder to be longer. This edition I'm writing now will break 3000 words which would have been unthinkable to me four months ago when I started the thread. Has a lot to do with no longer being grounded in real life events and needing to explain motivations of characters since there is no real life foundation for Goldberg breaking DDP's ribs or DDP costing Goldberg his match against the Macho Man. There is a certain level of assumed knowledge at the beginning of a thread which allows things to be less detailed but I believe there is a certain point where that goes out the window. It's why Wolfy couldn't just post his WrestleMania right off the bat and had to do over a decade worth of summaries.

Sometimes I write stuff on the internet and people like it (sometimes).

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by EZ3 View Post
    The lack of detail is a true pain in the butt later on but in the early stages you can get away with it. Take Thunder in my thread for example. It starts off being significantly under 1000 words per episode. Then it slowly inches forward and begins to break the 1000 word mark. It's a rule I put in place to stop myself getting sick of writing the thread, keeps things progressing rather than having Thunder be a full show, however as the thread goes further into my own world it requires Thunder to be longer. This edition I'm writing now will break 3000 words which would have been unthinkable to me four months ago when I started the thread. Has a lot to do with no longer being grounded in real life events and needing to explain motivations of characters since there is no real life foundation for Goldberg breaking DDP's ribs or DDP costing Goldberg his match against the Macho Man. There is a certain level of assumed knowledge at the beginning of a thread which allows things to be less detailed but I believe there is a certain point where that goes out the window. It's why Wolfy couldn't just post his WrestleMania right off the bat and had to do over a decade worth of summaries.
    This.

This reasoning is why recently I'v started to write a recap of everything that has happened in my project. Albeit just sticking to the main storyline plots and pushing them in between PPV results.

Hoping to get it all done as soon as possible so that new readers don't find my project a chore to catch up on.

Underdog

Status
      Country                    Europe

Quote Originally Posted by EZ3 View Post
    Yeah this is kind of my experience having written a purely summary-based one. At the start it was nice to not have to go in to detail, but now all the gimmicks and angles are my own, I kind of want to fully live and breathe them. Which I'm less able to do when the focus is entirely recaps. Hmm.

Cheers for the thoughts chaps.

Squash Fodder

Status

hey guys, hope everyone has been well. ive had to take a longer leave of absense from the thread then i expected. i have gone and reviewed a couple of shows for people. I was wondering you guys opinions on soemthing, i noticed that there are no like create a fed BTBs in the group. What i mean is like a new indy fed that uses a variation of talent. So it would be like a new company that can start fresh. I have written 4 shows and a half a PPV for my WCW 1996 thread i have but i just dont know if i wanna keep going on it bc i just feel like im not doing better than what actually happened OR i am like wanting to do some stuff that did happen and i dont wanna be the guy that just steals the ideas from that time period. I have an old BTB that i wrote in 2009 that was like a brand new federation that was created by Paul Heyman but it took people from WWE, TNA, and ROH and put them all together. i need help deciding what i should go forward with

Curtain Jerker

Status

Sorry for adding on to the myriad of questions, but what is the best way to incorporate the rumor mill/dirt sheets into your BTB? I want that to be a way for me to incorporate fan opinion (aka reviewers) along with reasoning for me putting certain wrestlers over others, and just for general purposes
    WWE 2006: Fixing the Mess

Drink It In Maaan!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by AaronMidWest View Post
    Sorry for adding on to the myriad of questions, but what is the best way to incorporate the rumor mill/dirt sheets into your BTB? I want that to be a way for me to incorporate fan opinion (aka reviewers) along with reasoning for me putting certain wrestlers over others, and just for general purposes
    It really depends on what you feel is best for your fed. You can make it out of character and just ask people for insight or come up with questions for readers to answer. If you do it in character with the WWE, you can always bring in a WWE.com element. Also, you might could have phone some of WWE's old shows like Byte This for fan interaction.

Jobbing to heath slater

Status

I'm looking for advice on how to write matches I have a lot of ideas to start a btb and everyone I start I get hung up writing the matches

Jobber

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom73 View Post
    I'm looking for advice on how to write matches I have a lot of ideas to start a btb and everyone I start I get hung up writing the matches
    I think that's the beauty of BTB, your project can be uniquely yours--there is no right or wrong way to write storylines/matches. If you are really struggling with your match writing, I suggest starting out simple. You don't have to list everything move by move, just give us the highlights of the match (highspots, finish, etc...). As you start to get into a writing flow, you will develop your style, allowing you to go into more match detail if you want.

Looking forward to reading your work!

Jobbing to heath slater

Status

Thank you appreciate your imput!

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom73 View Post
    Thank you appreciate your imput!
    Just go short.

Quick description of how the match went before a detailed piece on the finish

The match between Zack Ryder and The Miz was a pretty even affair. The Miz used a couple of dirty tricks to keep Ryder grounded until Ryder started to make a comeback. But Ryder missed the Rough Ryder which gave The Awesome One the opening to hit the Skull Crushing Finale for the victory.

Curtain Jerker

Status

I like to write matches the way Sykotic mentioned when it comes to TV shows and write promos out in full. Then for pay-per-views I like to write full matches. To me it makes the matches at the PPVs gain more importance and doesn't burn out me or readers and it makes me excited to write a PPV.

Status

I basically go with summary for television and more detail or sometimes full length for PPV. But even on TV shows I'll adjust the amount of detail based on how important the match is or how many specific spots I have in mind that I want to include. Some matches are squashes or more or less filler and can be explained in a couple of sentences, but if I want to make it more epic, I include detailed sequences and spots that need more explaining to paint a more vivid picture.

Thread Information