Page 640 of 658 FirstFirst ... 140540590630638639640641642650 ... LastLast
Results 12,781 to 12,800 of 13143

Thread: The BTB Discussion Thread

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

Ah the old KOBTB Tournament. I won t be participating unfortunately but I always look forward to the quality work that goes into it and think that those who run it are top lads for taking the amount of time needed to go into it, I for sure don't miss running it but I'm glad something I brought to the section is still going

Also, happy anniversary, Order.

Squash Fodder

Status

Tbh Whiterhyno was the one who showed me this forum back in the day from caws, later on down the line, Order was the reason I decided to join and start up. Congratulations on the anniversary Order, you've been incredible.

Also of note for reasons I joined, I thought King of BTB was yearly and joined thinking I'd jump in on that, as it fascinated me and I loved reading it before. I hope to throw my name in the ring for this one, it should be fun.

Chikara Trainee

Status
      Country                    United States

King of BTB should be awesome!

Also somewhat BTB related: im currently writing a steel cage match. If the inside referee gets knocked out can the outside referee (assuming the one who opens the cage door) can he get inside the ring and make the count?

-ICONIC-

Underdog

Status
      Country                    France

Quote Originally Posted by RatedR31 View Post
    King of BTB should be awesome!

Also somewhat BTB related: im currently writing a steel cage match. If the inside referee gets knocked out can the outside referee (assuming the one who opens the cage door) can he get inside the ring and make the count?
    I'd say that's totally your call

I would run with it. It sounds like a big moment and it would give the loser a reason (if a heel) they lost and could cry injustice.

Conquering the Land of the Giants - A WWF 1993 BTB

Status

Quote Originally Posted by epo View Post
    I'd say that's totally your call

I would run with it. It sounds like a big moment and it would give the loser a reason (if a heel) they lost and could cry injustice.
    Even Hulk Hogan had no problem crying about "injustice" when he lost.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*
    HELLO, EMMA: SCREAM MAFIA 2

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

Just Justice

Status

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is the King of BTB? Is it just like the BTB of the Month or? Sorry if that's a dumb question

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Polo View Post
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is the King of BTB? Is it just like the BTB of the Month or? Sorry if that's a dumb question
    Knockout style tournament.

Topics given with criteria and players paired up each round until a winner is decided by neutral judges.

Just Justice

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post
    Knockout style tournament.

Topics given with criteria and players paired up each round until a winner is decided by neutral judges.
    Awwww I see! That sounds really cool to be honest. I'd give it a go, but I really want to focus on my thing I have going now, I've given up loads of projects I don't wanna chuck another one down the drain. Good luck to everyone in it though!

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Hate the fact that the tournament is going to be running at a time when I barely get on this place. I'll still follow with interest though.

Forever The Revival

Status

Think I've decided to run with the recapped shows format until I get to my first PPV at least and then write the PPV in full. Actually excited for this project I'm working on though.

Drink It In Maaan!

Status

I ran a TEW from 1994 to 2011 once as WCW, it was very fun. Arn Anderson become like a 6 time WCW Champion, Jericho became the face of WCW in 98, always wanted to replicate that as a project one day.

Just Justice

Status

Quick question for everyone, how long do you guys usually wait before posting a show? I have my next three shows written out in full, but I don't wanna just post everything too quickly

Rusev Day

Status
      Country                    England

Back in the day when I had shows banked I worked on a maximum of one show a week mindset. Keeps things flowing enough but also gives people the time to comment. Last thing you want to do is turn off readers because they can’t keep up!
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Just Justice

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    Back in the day when I had shows banked I worked on a maximum of one show a week mindset. Keeps things flowing enough but also gives people the time to comment. Last thing you want to do is turn off readers because they can’t keep up!
    Yeah I totally get you, but I dunno my brain after writing a show is like "THIS NEEDS POSTED NOW!!!" Even though me just throwing shows out there uploading when written has resulted in burnout in the past.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Very much a noob, as y'all can probably tell by my profile. Used to lurk 6-7 years ago on random BTB's, figured I'd take another look this summer because I've gotten back into WWE

Problem; I've just recently gotten back into WWE, so I'm very much behind/out of touch. Are there any "it's 2018, don't do ______ in your Ban" general rules of thumb, or just a list of good tips in general? If there's a thread dedicated to this I apologize, and I ask if that is the case for someone to link me to it. Thanks in advance!

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by AaronMidWest View Post
    Very much a noob, as y'all can probably tell by my profile. Used to lurk 6-7 years ago on random BTB's, figured I'd take another look this summer because I've gotten back into WWE

Problem; I've just recently gotten back into WWE, so I'm very much behind/out of touch. Are there any "it's 2018, don't do ______ in your Ban" general rules of thumb, or just a list of good tips in general? If there's a thread dedicated to this I apologize, and I ask if that is the case for someone to link me to it. Thanks in advance!
    http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=138616

The essentials right here dude. Welcome to the section.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Appreciate it a bunch!

Squash Fodder

Status
      Country                    Europe

For those of you who don't write summary-based BTBs, how long does it take you to write your weekly shows and PPVs?

I made my WCW BTB a summary-based one to save time (for me and the readers), but I'm finding the lack of detail quite challenging. I love all the little character touches and stuff that you can throw in when you are doing full weekly shows, and I've had a few bits in my BTB that are awesome in my head, but without the detail I can't get them across as well as I'd like. But then again, I don't want to end up posting one show a month because it takes so long to write!

Main Eventer

Status

It can be taxing for sure. I'm lucky to get one a month out as I put probably too much into it. Really depends on how you write it out. Short recapped matches on TV would not be a problem though.

I think you are doing pretty fine the way you're doing it. Change could disrupt the flow and your enjoyment of your work.

Chikara Trainee

Status

Grrrrr....I need to know what web browser you guys are using to post your shows/how you post them.

Normally when I do it I type everything in word and it spaced/bolded/colored in word (inside a 1x1 table to keep the formatting when I post here) and then I usually copy and paste that table. When I use IE some words don't space properly. When I use google chrome I get some weird symbol next to periods or near quotes and apostrophes. Also when using Google chrome sometimes it destroys my format makes some words different colors or some words smaller text (my new show I posted is a perfect example). All these formatting issues whether its the site or me is really annoying especially since it takes me like an hour and a half/two hours to fix to somewhat get it presentable. Can anyone point me to a solution please.

Edit: Also my paragraphs are never space out like a normally do in word and I have to do that as well when posting on the site.

-ICONIC-

Thread Information