Results 12,481 to 12,496 of 12496

Thread: The BTB Discussion Thread

ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Status
      Country                    Saint Kitts Nevis Anguilla

Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Sad bear is sad.
    I'm gonna save that picture, because I have the feeling I'm gonna post it again in this thread in a couple of days.

Backyarder

Status
      Country                    United States

Weird question because it is all property of WWE but I thought about it with an invasion angle mentioned earlier: would an "invasion angle" with NXT be something people would get behind or would it be a lost cause because once again it really is all WWE.

-ICONIC-

Walking With Elias

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by RatedR31 View Post
    Weird question because it is all property of WWE but I thought about it with an invasion angle mentioned earlier: would an "invasion angle" with NXT be something people would get behind or would it be a lost cause because once again it really is all WWE.
    If booked properly it would be something people would get behind. That's essentially what the Nexus angle was. They were pretty over until Cena popped their bubble at Summerslam that year.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Night of the Lucha Bear View Post
    I'm gonna save that picture, because I have the feeling I'm gonna post it again in this thread in a couple of days.
    Its a gooder. Should be the default "another new thread" meme for the BTB section. Some people will be seeing it a lot.

I get the challenge of doing a BTB and I get the appeal of planning a new one, but someone who starts a new one literally every time they can.... readers just stop paying attention after a while. "Writing for yourself" is great advice, but this isn't even really that, because the writing keeps getting abandoned for a new project.

With most invasions that have happened, one of the companies has "owned" everything. It was really only the NWO angle that managed to get away from that, but that was a different time. The hard part of an invasion angle is making the invaders look like read threats. The NWO did that beautifully - too much, really. The Nexus did it quite well. So NXT guys and gals would have to be made to look STRONG right from the go, which is tough, and they would be at a numbers disadvantage.

ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Status

I'm not sure, but I think that this sounds like something, somebody already did...or somebody already should've done.

SOS Brigade Member

Status

I wouldn't be against it but wasn't the Nexus technically an NXT Invasion Angle? Also that's almost 8 years old, god what happened to all the time lol.

Grim's Threads

Spoiler:

Grim Reviews Random Games / AWA: Eye Of The Storm

Backyarder

Status

Everyone is mentioning Nexus and yes that was an NXT angle, but I'm thinking on a bigger scale like Regal comes out wages war and the females and males of NXT invade the main rosters. Who knows maybe have some NXT alum turn on the main roster (ie. Zayn/Owens/Joe) etc.

-ICONIC-

ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Status

Everyone is mentioning Nexus and yes that was an NXT angle, but I'm thinking on a bigger scale like Regal comes out wages war and the females and males of NXT invade the main rosters. Who knows maybe have some NXT alum turn on the main roster (ie. Zayn/Owens/Joe) etc.
    Even though I'm nobody who screams for realism or logic, when it comes to BTB ideas, but shouldn't be Triple H the one, who wages that war ?

Also I think Zayn, Owens nor Joe should be that "turner". You should use somebody who really got screwed by getting called up for that kind of idea. (Okay, Zayn could be fitting)

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Unsure, but I could have sworn I seen something like this already or at least someone hinted that was going to take place in their "BTB", maybe I'm wrong though!

I think it could work really well. The problem with it though- it's better if you don't see it coming and it's not the selling point of you starting up your "BTB" with it being the backstory IMO. Otherwise you've maybe got people already judging what it should or how it could be.. which is not bad by all means, but you lose the surprise of an "Invasion" in a way.

Backyarder

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    Unsure, but I could have sworn I seen something like this already or at least someone hinted that was going to take place in their "BTB", maybe I'm wrong though!

I think it could work really well. The problem with it though- it's better if you don't see it coming and it's not the selling point of you starting up your "BTB" with it being the backstory IMO. Otherwise you've maybe got people already judging what it should or how it could be.. which is not bad by all means, but you lose the surprise of an "Invasion" in a way.
    Completely agree. I would want to tease it and then have it happen. I feel like invasions should always be written out instead of having it as a backstory and the basis of your BTB

-ICONIC-

Rusev Day Smod

Status
      Country                    England

I’ve had a request to bring back the End of Year Awards Log for this year so people can keep track of their favourite work throughout 2018 and make things easier when we get to the awards. We did it a couple of years ago but not many used it. Just want to see how much interest there is before making a decision.

I personally think it is helpful as most people forget awesome shows and work at the beginning of the year.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    I’ve had a request to bring back the End of Year Awards Log for this year so people can keep track of their favourite work throughout 2018 and make things easier when we get to the awards. We did it a couple of years ago but not many used it. Just want to see how much interest there is before making a decision.

I personally think it is helpful as most people forget awesome shows and work at the beginning of the year.
    Sounds like a really good idea to me!

Walking With Elias

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Could definitely come in useful to jog memories at the end of the year & even give other people pointers on certain threads to check out that they maybe hadn’t otherwise throughout the year.

Backyarder

Status

Eh what exactly is that? Is that if like someone post a really good pay per view, you log it as a potential candidate to be PPV when the time for awards come?

-ICONIC-

Rusev Day Smod

Status
      Country                    England

Eh what exactly is that? Is that if like someone post a really good pay per view, you log it as a potential candidate to be PPV when the time for awards come?
    Yep hit the nail on the head. I’ll sort this out tomorrow.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    UK

Good idea. Will make it much easier to track and I’ll try to update mine regularly. There’s been a couple of great shows already this year!

Thread Information