Page 599 of 599 FirstFirst ... 99 499 549 589597598599
Results 11,961 to 11,978 of 11978

Thread: The BTB Discussion Thread

Heel Champion

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    Scotland

Re: The BTB Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Declandimi101 View Post
    I'm not trying to sound like a little bitch or anything, and it is not changing how I write my project, but does anybody know why I am not getting reviews? Is it because I don't give out many reviews? Am I doing something wrong? Again, not trying to get sympathy, it is an honest question.
    Your track record sucks and tbh, you tended to annoy a lot of people.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by TWG View Post
    Personally, I don't think you should be writing just to get reviews anyway. Of course it is nice when you do get them but the reason you should be writing is because you enjoy it, surely?
    For me personally I love to write always have and I always will (even outside BTB). Still it's nice to know what people think. Even if they hate it at least someone is reading it. A whole show review is not needed, but a few comments here and there are nice. I think Stojy is one of the best in doing that

-ICONIC-

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I'll either leave rep or make some comments but never a dull blown match by match review. I appreciate those who do do full reviews though.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    I'll either leave rep or make some comments but never a dull blown match by match review. I appreciate those who do do full reviews though.
    I've tried to do brief notes but it's just not my speed. I feel bad because I would review more people if I could churn out some quick thoughts but I always tend to over-analyze everything, without fail.

The Worldwide 96 has concluded and a World Champion has been crowned,
    but we're far from finished scratching our tournament itch. Introducing...

The above image will lead you to an index for Tournament Road.
    The links below cover everything leading to these tournaments.

BIG-ASS RECAP | TRIFECTA | SHOWCASE 1 | SHOWCASE 2

Quote Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
    If anyone knows me then one things for sure, I know BTB's, and this is by far the best one.
    Spoiler:

Chikara Trainee

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    I've tried to do brief notes but it's just not my speed. I feel bad because I would review more people if I could churn out some quick thoughts but I always tend to over-analyze everything, without fail.
    That's my feeling as well. I start reading, get really into it. Then when I'm commenting and trying to do quick thoughts, I end up going segment by segment because I had some thought on everything even if it's as minor as liking how they did something.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OMB BAYBAY!

Status

*yearly check-in*

What's up, guys?

Shit Into The Fire

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
    *yearly check-in*

What's up, guys?
    THE ONE MAN BAND BAYBAY

OMB BAYBAY!

Status

It's been way too long!!!

How are you? How's the section?!

Shit Into The Fire

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
    It's been way too long!!!

How are you? How's the section?!
    I'm good bro, how bout you. I'm retired from this section though, life is too busy, the place still seems buzzing.

Jobber

Status
      Country                    Canada

New to this Be the Booker stuff, but I'm going to give it a shot, hopefully everyone will enjoy it.

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    Australia

I'm taking a little bit of a break from posting shows here. I'll be leaving reviews, but I will not be posting shows for at least a month or two, so hopefully, I can write some good shows, and they will be posted when I'm back. So hope to see some reviews soon!
    BTB's I'm Enjoying And Going To Review!
    SaveUsTY2J's WWE 2016, Charlemm1's ECW 2016, Luke Cage's Canadian 2016, Richie77's PWG 2016, Joey Bananas's Smackdown, Millar's WWE.

Curtain Jerker

Status

How familiar are you guys here with the iDomination mod for EWR/TEW? Scrolling through the forum it doesn't seem as though anybody has ever used this mod as a basis for a BTB, but I figured if I were to start a BTB using said scenario the NWA Handbook that comes with the download would sufficiently explain the history of that alternative reality.

In a slightly unrelated note, does anybody find themselves always wanting to book a specific wrestler when they start a new project, no matter the era. I've found in the past that I have a tendency to find something for Raven in whatever promotion I'm booking, whether it be Attitude Era WWF, WCW 2000, ECW 2001, I even had him in a modern day WWE booker as a manager. He's such a versatile performer whom I find writing for so enjoyable. On the flip side, who do you struggle to book? For whatever reason I can never find the motivation to write for Randy Orton or Batista. Austin and the Rock are always hard to write for too considering their vast charisma and unique promo styles.

Status

damn, I missed a Diablo drop in.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Anaconda Vise View Post
    How familiar are you guys here with the iDomination mod for EWR/TEW? Scrolling through the forum it doesn't seem as though anybody has ever used this mod as a basis for a BTB, but I figured if I were to start a BTB using said scenario the NWA Handbook that comes with the download would sufficiently explain the history of that alternative reality.

In a slightly unrelated note, does anybody find themselves always wanting to book a specific wrestler when they start a new project, no matter the era. I've found in the past that I have a tendency to find something for Raven in whatever promotion I'm booking, whether it be Attitude Era WWF, WCW 2000, ECW 2001, I even had him in a modern day WWE booker as a manager. He's such a versatile performer whom I find writing for so enjoyable. On the flip side, who do you struggle to book? For whatever reason I can never find the motivation to write for Randy Orton or Batista. Austin and the Rock are always hard to write for too considering their vast charisma and unique promo styles.
    I've never played it but I know iDom. Its a pretty awesome scenario with a TON of canon. It would make for a pretty fantastic base for a project, but I think you would need to find a good way to present it. Just saying "here's a PDF, read to understand" isn't wrong, but its also not a great way to integrate it. Find a creative way to present the backstory that works into the presentation and it could be awesome.

Curtain Jerker

Status

I have a question for my fellow bookers in here.

How do you book your shows?

When I started eight or nine years ago, I used to write up my shows in a notebook and then type them out. That was too time-consuming for me. So, I now write/book on the fly.

I'll have loose ideas rattling around in my mind for angles, promo lines and match endings. But it's all written off the top of my head. I call it fly by the seat of your pants booking.

So, how about you?

How do you plan out your matches, angles, promos, big shows, etc.

Chikara Trainee

Status

Quote Originally Posted by vadermania View Post

When I started eight or nine years ago, I used to write up my shows in a notebook and then type them out. That was too time-consuming for me. So, I now write/book on the fly.

I'll have loose ideas rattling around in my mind for angles, promo lines and match endings. But it's all written off the top of my head. I call it fly by the seat of your pants booking.

So, how about you?

I used to be a cashier when I started Diary's years and years ago so I would pass the time in between customers by writing down ideas in a book along with angles and base them month to month and just do that.... Now I basically just use the notepad in the game, I'll set a Pay Per View up with whatever angles I'm doing or whatever I think will turn out good and kinda work backwards if I'm doing a weekly TV thing.

Crossfit Apostle

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by vadermania View Post

So, how about you?

I do plan in a notebook, but only an outline. I set up what segments happen where, and then I do write it out. Let's me plan in advance and set up long stories. Also, as for the actual structure, I think there should be three matches per hour. Say it's two hours, realistically you should structure your show by hour to hook new watchers. So hour one opener, hour one midcard, hour one main event, with segments sprinkled in. It's how I've always booked and it helps me a lot IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Fuck The Revival" (Bullet Club 2:Sweet)

Red n White Army!

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England

Sorry - posted in the wrong place by accident.

#100 POINTS #CHAMPIONS #SUFC

Thread Information